Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS ISN'T DISNEYLAND!!! Stop comparing them! I'm sorry that Universal doesn't still have every single ride that they've ever built, but Universal moves on, it changes. Would I love to still have ET? Yes! But I also want something new!
I will compare them as long as Universal is asking me to compare them. I have taken numerous surveys and they always ask how you feel about Uni compared to Disneyland. Sorry man

Not the same situation when JP/JW has made universal a total of around 5 billion World wide unadjusted vs. 3.8 billion unadjusted for DM. That number only expands in JP's favor if you adjust JP TLW and JP3 for inflation. Also, how expansive do you want the ride system for DM to be when basically of of its characters look the same and universal having very little land to work with on the upper lot? Were talking about a legacy franchise not a kids movie.
Well, they were willing to think outside the box with Secret Life of Pets... in the same area. I will grant you we still don't know what exactly the ride will be, but at least it sounds like something new for a change

Last edited by a moderator:
I will compare them as long as Universal is asking me to compare them. I have taken numerous surveys and they always ask how you feel about Uni compared to Disneyland. Sorry man
Don't be sorry, just be realistic. Universal doesn't own every single massive property where they can pour hundreds of millions of dollars into every attraction every year. I'm done talking to a brick wall. Next topic!

..... Y'all are forgetting that Comcast has owned Universal outright for only 5 1/2 years or so out of the nearly 55 YEARS of operation. GE , Seagram's, Viviendi, RCA.... I could go on.... In the first time in Universals history rides are being made that aren't replacing old ones..... With JP you are all hitting a nostalgia trip saying that the dinosaur we're advanced, hell they didn't even work 95 percent of the time during the last 10 years. You guys are seriously just impatient if you are trying to say a company should drop BILLIONS to build and have no real plans whatsoever as long as they keep the old ones. Sorry to say but that ain't happening, especially considering the fact that this is a theme park in a fricken residential Neighborhood to boot (Hollywood hills anyone?).

Are you really comparing the basic function, plastic looking AA’s of the Jungle Cruise? Because other than that, there ain’t anything else

The only other thing I can think of is parts of the Submarine Voyage, but that attraction is rumored to be on the chopping block due to climbing maintenance costs.

Reactions: KreepyKarpy
Submarine Voyage has no Animatronics besides the birds. Everything is screens....
You said the ‘S’ word!! :afraid:

Also, if you want to talk about Disney being “smart” and keeping all of its nostalgic things, just take a little trip through Universal’s backlot. Not counting the Earthquake, Jaws, flood, collapsing bridge and Clock Tower Square, you still have areas that were used for filming during the silent era. Universal is steeped in history and holding on to its past.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only other thing I can think of is parts of the Submarine Voyage, but that attraction is rumored to be on the chopping block due to climbing maintenance costs.
Any other "exposed to elements" AA I can think of is the Fantasia dragon, but that doesn't even stay outside.

Even if we're talking about Jungle Cruise here, some of the AA's on that ride that do have a form of --- and I use this loosely --- complex motions (elephants, tribe hunters, tree trunk gorilla) are nearly as rickety as the AA's that were in JPRA (but it's quite clear that JPRA has had it worst leading up to its final days).

There's a reason we keep bringing up the apples/oranges analogy: it's not a matter of "they both have outdoor AA's", it's a matter of scales --- we're comparing multiple smaller AA's to huge (but minimal in comparison) AA's here. A lot of the Jungle Cruise AA's had some sort of shading (rocks covering over, large trees to shield rain) because they can, because they can fit without looking weird; whereas JPRA has two huge Brachios, there's not much you can do to defend it from outdoor conditions. Plus that's a long-necked AA, all that weight and motion up there was bound to wear it down. Same with the Stegos, which have water fountains blasting off next to them (sure, there's an elephant AA right next to a waterfall that moves less jittery, but again, it's a smaller AA. Electrical components are closer together and it's more lightweight; it's sitting upright/vertical as well, so the head and arms can pivot with more support. The head and tail of the main Stego --- being much larger --- relies on being held and lifted into position by the horizontal body).

Someone tell me if I'm saying stupid stuff again, cause I just kind of blanked out there.

Reactions: marip123
JPland21 "leaked details" video did mention something I found interesting. He said the beginning will have dinosaur bones. Wasn't this something that was mentioned as a possibility from looking inside the tunnel where there is a banner? I could imagine there being fossils and with projections they could make the fossils become alive. This could be a cool opening before the gates open, especially with a great narrator. It is more interesting then the plants and hanging vines in that first section. Of course, I had not been on the retired JP ride in Hollywood since 2004, so I am basically speculating off of youtube videos. There were vines and plants only in that first section right?

JPland21 "leaked details" video did mention something I found interesting. He said the beginning will have dinosaur bones. Wasn't this something that was mentioned as a possibility from looking inside the tunnel where there is a banner? I could imagine there being fossils and with projections they could make the fossils become alive. This could be a cool opening before the gates open, especially with a great narrator. It is more interesting then the plants and hanging vines in that first section. Of course, I had not been on the retired JP ride in Hollywood since 2004, so I am basically speculating off of youtube videos. There were vines and plants only in that first section right?

Here's a still frame from JPland21's video a month ago showing the fossil just after the first lift hill.

JPland21 03-26-19.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.