Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone chimed in on metal detectors and whether or not this ride will have them? Unfortunately I assume it will since the ride clearly goes out over guest areas but I still hate them. In theory this would be the easiest metal detector to theme given all the security checkpoints that would be common place in a real-life Jurassic World. I just hate the TSA vibe that they give off. Even though they are just checking for innocuous things like cell phones I can't shake the feeling that I'm entering one of those obnoxious big city clubs that wand you down and check for guns. It's just not a good look for a theme park in general.

If they have metal detectors because of the overhead of guest, then I wish they would just put in some pouches in front of you or under your seat that zips up like they are or have done to Steel Vengence and Twisted TimBers at KD, could make it a lot easier I would think, because there is always gonna be that one, I am at a theme park and think stupid. So maybe they can go for the pouches under the seat, especially if what I ve heard and such, gonna pack some punch and maybe or hopefully beat out Taron.57710740_866348549539_2574294648650465280_n.jpg

If they have metal detectors because of the overhead of guest, then I wish they would just put in some pouches in front of you or under your seat that zips up like they are or have done to Steel Vengence and Twisted TimBers at KD, could make it a lot easier I would think, because there is always gonna be that one, I am at a theme park and think stupid. So maybe they can go for the pouches under the seat, especially if what I ve heard and such, gonna pack some punch and maybe or hopefully beat out Taron.View attachment 9433
I doubt zipper pockets would work. It doesn't stop guests from opening the pockets mid ride and many people would just not use it at all.

Nice! I'm still confused about the "why" behind IOA getting another big outdoor attraction right after Hagrid instead of USF getting some dark ride love but the good news is, we have another outdoor construction project to follow! Just as Hagrid is winding down we get to look forward to another year or two of VERY visible construction. In fact, the construction on this one will be even more visible. SWEEEEET!!
Honestly, IOA needs a new show and dark ride. Still not enough to do indoors. On the other side of things, Studios is getting a show but could use an outdoor attraction. Still upset they took out the only outdoor/water attraction in the park.

Absolutely zero chance this opens in 2020. This is a 2021 addition. Potter will hold IOA for 2020. I’d also expect the JP coaster to be the last major addition at IOA until after Fantastic Worlds opens.

My "guess” on the timeline has nothing to do with how much theming there will be, how long construction takes, or even what other enhancements are made around the island. They simply will not put a major attraction in right after this Harry Potter one opens. We’re not talking Fallon, Kong etc we’re talking about the face of the franchise. There is zero need for it.

Sooo 2021 is a thing again huh :eek:O:

Well we dont know what is being added theming wise. I think Alicia said this would be less than Hagrid but more than Hulk as far as theming is concerned. Rockwork plus extras I assume

Hoping for a few water falls (maybe with a style to compliment JPRA) and a full replacement of the jungle or other theming elements.

It's a bummer you can't dig deep in FL. Would have been cool to have the coaster themed to the raptor pen with onlookers being able to see the messy bowl section by looking down into the area through gates on the main path.

People also aren’t just going to stop going to Universal. Those rooms are priced competitively and people will be tempted by early park admission and free transportation to the parks. They won’t have a problem filling them
Yeah, I don’t get this idea that there has to be new additions for people to book vacations. Yeah, it helps, but people will also be in to see Disney’s new stuff and last I checked Universal isn’t shutting down anytime soon.

We need to stop pretending that UOR is a regional park that needs new additions every year to attract visitors. People are coming no matter what now.

Well we dont know what is being added theming wise. I think Alicia said this would be less than Hagrid but more than Hulk as far as theming is concerned. Rockwork plus extras I assume

To be fair, that's an incredibly wide gap.

On one end you have Hulk; which was built like a Six Flags ride in regards to theme. "Paint it Purple, its the Joker". Paint it green, it's the Hulk. Obviously maintenance and ops are completely on another level, and we have a relatively decent queue and much better ride vehicle, but the theming itself is absolutely nothing. In particular the back half that goes over back of house.

On the other end you have quite possibly the most intricately themed coaster in North America, if not the world. If it's not top, then it's certainly in the discussion.

So saying it'll be between a bare bones Six Flags theme and the best themed on the continent is so varying that it really doesn't tell us much of anything. :lol:

To be fair, that's an incredibly wide gap.

On one end you have Hulk; which was built like a Six Flags ride in regards to theme. "Paint it Purple, its the Joker". Paint it green, it's the Hulk. Obviously maintenance and ops are completely on another level, and we have a relatively decent queue and much better ride vehicle, but the theming itself is absolutely nothing. In particular the back half that goes over back of house.

On the other end you have quite possibly the most intricately themed coaster in North America, if not the world. If it's not top, then it's certainly in the discussion.

So saying it'll be between a bare bones Six Flags theme and the best themed on the continent is so varying that it really doesn't tell us much of anything. :lol:

Nothing wrong with a bit of variety. I wouldn't mind a little theming, of course.

The only way I see this opening in 2021 is if they do this in two stages. Finish the new waterfront areas and build the new bridge, THEN work on the coaster at another juncture.

Yeah, I don’t get this idea that there has to be new additions for people to book vacations. Yeah, it helps, but people will also be in to see Disney’s new stuff and last I checked Universal isn’t shutting down anytime soon.

We need to stop pretending that UOR is a regional park that needs new additions every year to attract visitors. People are coming no matter what now.
Yep, everyone pretending like Universal is going bankrupt if they don't open a ride in conjunction with Galaxy's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.