Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

They don’t need SeaWorld to build a park. It would be cheaper to just buy land and build it how they see fit without paying the premium for an existing park. They also don’t want to be the company that’s having to deal with the relocation of the animals.

I thought the HP contract had been extended till 2048?
Haven't seen anything, but it makes sense there would have been a recent contract extension, with all of these Potter expansions....and a land in FW. I would doubt Universal would do all that without some type of guaranteed extensions.

Midway Mayhem just did a live stream saying they'll release the 2020 layout in the next week.

They also said:

-Premier Rides
-Multi Launch
-Vertical spike
-Top Hat
-Brake run alongside the lake
-Most of the layout over the education pavillions

In before someone leaks the layout before he does, like what happened with the JP coaster.

If this is a variant on the Skyrocket 3 (Full Throttle), then this could be an awesome ride, especially if they keep the vertical loop doubling as a top hat. Have the first part of the ride that has the vertical loop, then break and trackswitch, backwards launch up on the spike, then forward launch up the the tophat.

Interestingly SeaWorld San Diego has applied for permission to replace their Wild Arctic simulator (not the exhibits) with a new structure that will not exceed 30ft in height. Flying theater anybody?
So Screamscape is now reporting that SeaWorld are looking into replacing their Wild Arctic simulators with flying theaters, but that it may open in San Diego before Orlando.

Anyone know how much flying theaters cost? I presume they would get some sort of discount for buying two (or 3 if they want to put one in San Antonio as well).

Anyone know how much flying theaters cost? I presume they would get some sort of discount for buying two (or 3 if they want to put one in San Antonio as well).
I think its more likely they order 3 (or 4) and the last one (or 2) go the Busch Gardens. Both locations have places they could throw one.

I don't know they'd purchase them en mass for all the parks. There's a good possibility that they flop as attractions. A flying simulator ride is only as good as the film it's running.

I don't know they'd purchase them en mass for all the parks. There's a good possibility that they flop as attractions. A flying simulator ride is only as good as the film it's running.
The could honestly convert it to a 360 dome type attraction like Turtle Trek and hold twice as many people

For the new 2020 attraction, was $7 million the quoted figure for the buildings (not including ride hardware)? If so, it seems quite a lot for just a simple station/transfer track building and perhaps a queue structure.

Could we be looking at a new aquarium to go along with the ride?
We know SeaWorld are still keen on adding aquariums, a brand new one (Turtle Reef) is opening this year in San Antonio and San Diego is doing a major overhaul to one of their existing ones.

For the new 2020 attraction, was $7 million the quoted figure for the buildings (not including ride hardware)? If so, it seems quite a lot for just a simple station/transfer track building and perhaps a queue structure.

Could we be looking at a new aquarium to go along with the ride?
We know SeaWorld are still keen on adding aquariums, a brand new one (Turtle Reef) is opening this year in San Antonio and San Diego is doing a major overhaul to one of their existing ones.

could that cost also include a whole new plaza/area? and they possibly just didnt specify it in the permit as they just grouped it with queue

$7 million sounds right for a queue, station and any other support buildings. Add an additional $23 million for the coaster and you have a $30 mil budget, perfect for SeaWorld.