Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Today's the day! Final guesses?
giphy.gif

I think we got all the mazes we were REALLY sure on. ST, Holidayz and a Classic Monster Maze. Now let's get to the good speculation.

There seems to be a ton of chatter for Ghostbusters now but I am still skeptical. Basically everything speculated on I am skeptical of. Maybe gun shy from last year where I bit on all the speculated mazes.

UPDATE:
- Stranger Things 2 and 3 (Confirmed)
- UCM: Frankenstien meets The Wolfman (Confirmed)
- Holidayz In Hell (Confirmed)
- Ghostbusters
- Mexican Original
- House Of 1000 Corpses
- Creepshow

Last edited:
At one point I heard someone talk about a Hollywood Harry maze, but given that was way before talks about Ghostbusters, Suspiria, and Creepshow basically overshadowed it. Either way, I wonder if today's announcement means we get two May announcements as well or if we get one pushed all the way to the end of next month.

At one point I heard someone talk about a Hollywood Harry maze, but given that was way before talks about Ghostbusters, Suspiria, and Creepshow basically overshadowed it. Either way, I wonder if today's announcement means we get two May announcements as well or if we get one pushed all the way to the end of next month.
Is there still talk about the Mexican original?
Also announments are coming in really early, unlike last year where we had to wait until august for the final two mazes.

UPDATE:
- Stranger Things 2 and 3 (Confirmed)
- UCM: Frankenstien meets The Wolfman (Confirmed)
- Holidayz In Hell (Confirmed)
- Ghostbusters
- Mexican Original
- House Of 1000 Corpses
- Creepshow
Would make for an incredibly weak lineup. I expected there would be some do-overs but seeing them confirmed is starting to feel disappointing. I’m still really hoping we get some stuff along the lines of Us/Halloween 2018/Haunting of Hill House. Also really hoping for some classic/obscure stuff along the lines of Poltergeist/Trick r Treat, like the OG Pet Semetary and even Suspiria, even if it is a huge long shot. Creepshow kinda fits that bill but it’s really not the strongest property, IMO. Hard pass on more originals (that’s what Knotts is for) and I don’t want to see more Zombie stuff — unless it’s Lords of Salem, that is. Ghostbusters is a huge meh.

Would love a final four of Us, Halloween ‘18, Hill House and then something classic.

Reactions: marip123
Would make for an incredibly weak lineup. I expected there would be some do-overs but seeing them confirmed is starting to feel disappointing. I’m still really hoping we get some stuff along the lines of Us/Halloween 2018/Haunting of Hill House. Also really hoping for some classic/obscure stuff along the lines of Poltergeist/Trick r Treat, like the OG Pet Semetary and even Suspiria, even if it is a huge long shot. Creepshow kinda fits that bill but it’s really not the strongest property, IMO. Hard pass on more originals (that’s what Knotts is for) and I don’t want to see more Zombie stuff — unless it’s Lords of Salem, that is. Ghostbusters is a huge meh.

Would love a final four of Us, Halloween ‘18, Hill House and then something classic.

Us is not coming, we just had Blumhouse properties for like the past few years. How many times could you possibly want Halloween to come? At this rate they’re already playing it out.

Us is not coming, we just had Blumhouse properties for like the past few years. How many times could you possibly want Halloween to come? At this rate they’re already playing it out.
Good points, but Us is not a Blumhouse property. Jason Blum was a producer but it’s not a Blumhouse title — Jordan Peele took it under his own banner. That’s actually the only reason I could see it not happening — maybe Monkey Paw isn’t set up for licensing in the same way as Blumhouse. I could see Jordan being much more protective of his stuff than Jason. Other than that, an Us house is an absolute no-brainer. Especially as studios get more and more protective of their intellectual properties. Same goes for Halloween. If getting Freddy/Jason is going to be harder going forward (and it will be), expect Universal to double down on Michael Meyers. The Halloween remake is, again, a no-brainer.

Halloween 2018 won't happen because of who has the rights for it. And besides, Halloween has shown up 3 times in 4 years, why would you want it again.

Also you mention you don't want more zombie stuff, but there's nothing to do with zombies in the rumored lineup unless there's something in creepshow, which I haven't seen, and even if there is, it would just be one section of the house. Unless when you mention zombies you mean house of a 1000 corpses, in that case, that's not what that movie was about.

Last edited:
Who has the rights to Halloween 2018? And I would want it again because I like Halloween???? Lol why does anyone want anything?

Miramax, Blumhouse, Trancas International Films, and Rough House Pictures all produced it, while Universal distributed it.

The problem, lies particularly with the other production groups outside of Blum; primarily Miramax.

__

Loving the lineup so-far, especially with Holidayz and Universal Monsters.