Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

They already kinda did. It wasn't great.

But also - no. :lol:
What was the 'Already kinda did'?
I was trying to think of ways to do a house for Jurassic World but it seems rather complicated.
A velociraptor and T-Rex scare area would be pretty dope but that would kind of duplicate what they do at Islands of Adventure already with the meet anr greet sort of

What was the 'Already kinda did'?
I was trying to think of ways to do a house for Jurassic World but it seems rather complicated.
A velociraptor and T-Rex scare area would be pretty dope but that would kind of duplicate what they do at Islands of Adventure already with the meet anr greet sort of

HHN 12 - EVILution

Basically was half-man, half-dino creatures.

I just saw this a couple days ago. As a huge Jurassic Park fan, I've got a lot of thoughts...

Does anybody remember when these movies were about a theme park?

After watching Fallen Kingdom, that seems like such a foreign concept. This was so far from a Jurassic Park movie. It actively frustrates me. I try not to be an overzealous fanboy (cough Star Wars + Last Jedi cough), but I have no interest in the future of this franchise anymore.

Quick positives - the director did a great job with the tension. The scene before the opening title was really good. There was some legtimately terrifying moments in the mansion. And I really loved how the ending was contained to the mansion with a chase between the gang + the Indoraptor. I'm getting sick of movies where the ending is always some huge world-ending fight filled with destruction and tons of CGI characters everywhere. Claire and Owen were better, even though they're not great characters.

But seriously, these movies have totally lost the thread that made them great. JW 3 is going to be a combination of Planet of the Apes (but with dinosaurs!) and a story of genetic power run amok. None of that interests me at all. Human cloning is a weird place to take Jurassic Park.

And the dinosaurs? When did all of the dinosaurs come straight from Pandora? Every dino looked like an overly colorful CGI creature. The original JP movies used recognizable dinosaurs (there's not that many) and made them a bit grittier. The new movies have introduced too many species with no exposition, so I'm just starring at CGI blobs running across the screen. They're too colorful and they've seem too shiny and new.

Lastly, the trend of JW's forced nostalgia is bad. JW 1 had a small interlude where the kids walk through the remains of the old park. That scene had no purpose other than to evoke nostalgia and get people to associate their positive feelings for JP1 towards JW1. I'm fine with Jeff Goldblum's inclusion because that made sense for the plot of the movie. But, all of the stuff around Hammond was just the same nonsense JW 1 tried to pull.

I just saw this a couple days ago. As a huge Jurassic Park fan, I've got a lot of thoughts...

Does anybody remember when these movies were about a theme park?

After watching Fallen Kingdom, that seems like such a foreign concept. This was so far from a Jurassic Park movie. It actively frustrates me. I try not to be an overzealous fanboy (cough Star Wars + Last Jedi cough), but I have no interest in the future of this franchise anymore.

Quick positives - the director did a great job with the tension. The scene before the opening title was really good. There was some legtimately terrifying moments in the mansion. And I really loved how the ending was contained to the mansion with a chase between the gang + the Indoraptor. I'm getting sick of movies where the ending is always some huge world-ending fight filled with destruction and tons of CGI characters everywhere. Claire and Owen were better, even though they're not great characters.

But seriously, these movies have totally lost the thread that made them great. JW 3 is going to be a combination of Planet of the Apes (but with dinosaurs!) and a story of genetic power run amok. None of that interests me at all. Human cloning is a weird place to take Jurassic Park.

And the dinosaurs? When did all of the dinosaurs come straight from Pandora? Every dino looked like an overly colorful CGI creature. The original JP movies used recognizable dinosaurs (there's not that many) and made them a bit grittier. The new movies have introduced too many species with no exposition, so I'm just starring at CGI blobs running across the screen. They're too colorful and they've seem too shiny and new.

Lastly, the trend of JW's forced nostalgia is bad. JW 1 had a small interlude where the kids walk through the remains of the old park. That scene had no purpose other than to evoke nostalgia and get people to associate their positive feelings for JP1 towards JW1. I'm fine with Jeff Goldblum's inclusion because that made sense for the plot of the movie. But, all of the stuff around Hammond was just the same nonsense JW 1 tried to pull.

Just an FYI - the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are less realistic then in World. Scientists have discovered they were probably very flamoboyant in color. Since JP established what the look was, they couldn’t add feathers, so they went with the next option - colors.

You know, at the beginning of this film I thought I was going to be surprised. It wasn't great, no. But at least on par with the middling to entertaining bar of the first.

But then. My God but then. The back end of this movie.... There are no words. Truly the Supercharged of endings. I feel about this movie how fanboy trolls claim to feel about Last Jedi.

Just. Ugh.

Just an FYI - the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are less realistic then in World. Scientists have discovered they were probably very flamoboyant in color. Since JP established what the look was, they couldn’t add feathers, so they went with the next option - colors.
Thanks for letting me know that! I think part of my issue was the lack of recognizable dinosaurs that I could latch onto. It makes sense that they would want to keep the dinosaurs scientifically acurrate, since these movies provide the basis of how many of us visualize dinosaurs.

Absolutely no surprise there. Did anyone think it wouldn't?
Nope. But that's because people like Dinosaurs and have nostalgia of the Jeff Goldblum days of JP.

I still haven't seen it however and will only see it once it hits Red Box. I don't want to support this trashy trilogy.

Its only been a month and JW: Fallen Kingdom is already on cable here. Kinda wondering why Universal essentially is letting it air on television while its still in theaters...

Its only been a month and JW: Fallen Kingdom is already on cable here. Kinda wondering why Universal essentially is letting it air on television while its still in theaters...
How much is it still playing in theaters in South Korea? Once a movie has been out for a month, especially in international markets, movies tend to fall off.

It's sitting at around $1.1B Worldwide, it likely finishes somewhere in the $1.2B range. For all intents and purposes, the movies run is wrapping up. Still, it is a bit surprising.

How much is it still playing in theaters in South Korea? Once a movie has been out for a month, especially in international markets, movies tend to fall off.

It's sitting at around $1.1B Worldwide, it likely finishes somewhere in the $1.2B range. For all intents and purposes, the movies run is wrapping up. Still, it is a bit surprising.

It still has one to two screens in all the major theaters but I was just shocked when I turned to the movie channel and the film was playing....it like why go to see it in the theater when you can watch it at home with built in subtitles for free.

I ended up watching this last night and think I'd rank it squarely in the middle amongst all the films. Not as good as the first Park or World, but better than JP2 and JP3. The first two acts were surprisingly better than I expected and had some interesting ideas they could have worked with more. But holy crap, did that third act just completely go off the rails and ruin it. Sheesh.

I also think Pratt gave a better performance here compared to the first where some of his deliveries were a little awkward. The rest of the cast was pretty good too, though I agree with others who feel like the villains stepped right out of a James Bond movie.

I actually think the third act is the best part! Aside from the extreme cartoonishness of the villain, I really enjoy how it becomes basically a "monster in a mansion" movie. The series hadn't really tried to be scary since THE LOST WORLD, and I appreciate the attempt.

I liked the first half better than the second half on first viewing. But in subsequent viewings, I now prefer the second half.

I actually think the third act is the best part! Aside from the extreme cartoonishness of the villain, I really enjoy how it becomes basically a "monster in a mansion" movie. The series hadn't really tried to be scary since THE LOST WORLD, and I appreciate the attempt.

I think the problem for me is that the two halves feel so tonally different. Almost as if the director realized that the movie had a pretty light body count for a Jurassic movie and decided to compensate it by going overboard with the deaths in the last 30 minutes.

I liked the whole, she’s a clone thing, but I hated the reason she let the Dinosaurs out, Jurassic world, was great, felt like a Jurassic movie, this felt like.. an x-files episode