Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 270 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just had an idea for Ghostbusters. I know they have enough characters for their maze, but I was wondering if they can throw in some of their spooktacular show ghosts in tribute. Here are some they could bring in:
spook5.jpg

f86b01854a9121d96440df9990da3fd5.jpg

8e265c74478b0f5eb6b8b6540e41e437.png

These look really cool, and they should throw in the clown (Couldnt find a good image for it).

So are you guys content with the speculated line up? I'm really excited for this year and the line up IMO, is looking better than last year's line up.

Most certainly!
This lineup has a ton a variety, be it from the settings, the monsters, a couple horror comedies here, some straight up gore houses there. Not to mention some houses could be very atmospheric a la' Trick r' Treat.

It's got something for everyone, and any of these concepts can get me good.

So are you guys content with the speculated line up? I'm really excited for this year and the line up IMO, is looking better than last year's line up.

Ghostbusters, classic monsters (especially Gilman!) and a return of Nightingales been on my wish list for years. Graveyard sounds like an interesting take on a "traditional" haunted house, Ho1C should be a gross-out gore fest, and the other originals all show potential. Could be an all-time year if even half these houses deliver.

For everyone complaining about Ghostbusters being “too family friendly”, and “not a horror film”, I seem to remember very similar comments when Poltergeist was announced. And I said the same about Poltergeist as I’ll say about Ghostbusters now. It’s a great film, with great imagery and plenty of inspiration for a HHN house. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!

"Pooka see!
Pooka do!
Pooka me!
Pooka you!"

The only rumoured house I’m not overly keen on is HOTC. Any chance we get another Blumhouse based on Into The Dark instead.

Attachments

• 2596A6EF-1FD5-4B11-B0B0-10460B8B9F2C.gif
    2596A6EF-1FD5-4B11-B0B0-10460B8B9F2C.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
I’m not sure if I like this years line up better or last years but I’m extremely excited for this year!
Killer klowns was the reason I came down last year so to see it get a full blown house is really exciting for me!
Stranger things was one of my favorite houses last year. I know a lot of people didn’t like it but I thought the setting and characters were absolutely great!
Ghostbusters I think will be the absolute unexpected hit of the event kind of like poltergeist last year.
The swamp yeti from last year was my absolute favorite scare of the whole event so a whole house based on it would be incredible!
Tooth fairy im kind of iffy on I hope it’s more of it’s own thing and not like scary tales.
House of 1000 corpses is one of my all time favorite horror movies so extremely excited to see captain spaulding in person!
Nightingales has a very cool setting and am excited to see how gory they get with it.
Depths of fear has potential but I need a little more info.
Universal monsters looked amazing in Hollywood last year so I can’t wait to see what orlando does with it!
Hide and seek like depths of fear I’m iffy on but I think it could be very cool!

Reactions: snayberry
Depths of Fear is an easy #1 anticipated for me. Mariana Trench is terrifying and the thought of being that deep is a phobia of mine, plus it could get very scary with the darkness and claustrophobia. House of 1000 Corpses should be really good too, hoping it breaks the curse of Tent 3.

Amazing line-up - to me, it's last year without Blumhouse (thus better than last year, which was high up there for me).

What are people predicting to be the Tomb of the Ancients/Scarecrow: The Reaping/Dead Exposure: Patient Zero this year as the jumpy, "oh s****" house?

I know it's wishful thinking, but I'd love if they added a little art-deco touch (if you catch my drift).

I'd kill for a Bioshock house! The IP must not be popular enough to justify the money to get it because it seems like a great property to turn into a house. Tons of splicers and a couple of Big Daddies/Little Sisters at the bottom of the ocean sounds like a fun house to me!

If we're getting an Appalachian Yeti does that mean we will hear some lovely Dolly Parton, lots of moonshine, and tons of other fun things like that? While I am mostly joking, I do want to see why they chose the Appalachian mountains in specific.

I'd love if it were a more serious spiritual successor to Creatures! Loved that house.

Reactions: Kadath
So I don’t really follow HHN spec anymore, but could I get a rundown of what’s confirmed and heavily rumored?

I heard Ghostbusters going around. Is that a thing? Sounds like a unique challenge and honestly reminds me of the green goo from 2001.

So I don’t really follow HHN spec anymore, but could I get a rundown of what’s confirmed and heavily rumored?

I heard Ghostbusters going around. Is that a thing? Sounds like a unique challenge and honestly reminds me of the green goo from 2001.

CONFIRMED:
3/27--Stranger Things (2 and 3)
4/12--Nightingales: Blood Pit
4/30--Universal Monsters

Strongly rumored:
Ghostbusters
House of 1000 Corpses
Killer Klownz From Outer Space
Tooth Fairy house
Swamp Yeti house
Marianas trench house
Graveyard house (maybe another stab at an open floor plan?)

You know what's funny, is that two and a half of the announcements so far (the other half being ST2) are things I expected for 30.

Stranger Things + Ghostbusters are for sure going to lead the marketing, but anyone else wonder what the 3rd property is gonna be? My bet is House of 1000 Corpses because of Captain Spaulding but it is a pretty cult property.

Speaking of Ho1C, wonder if they’ll “Games of Jigsaw” it and include a room from 3 From Hell to promote the new movie.