Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I noticed that too, so I had a passing hope that they might drop the studio from the name. As copy-cat as it is, just call it "Disney's Hollywood Adventure" or something of that ilk.

Think that was one of the surveyed names at one point.
If they were updating the logo anyway this was the perfect time to change it to Adventure/s and that matches the direction the park is going (if there is indeed a direction! ;))

The font and look of the logo is actually great. If they didn't have the characters...

My thoughts exactly. Quite classy if they took the dodgy clip art imagery off.

The reveal of the logo at the park this morning was a mess, too. In the 20 second clip, they showed 3 or 4 different variations (with/without characters, with/without color, with/without circle for the O’s) and it left me wondering which one was actually the logo.

The posters they were handing out today have the logo without any characters, and I think it looks great. Adding the characters is a really ugly move. Fine as a variation for promotional purposes, but as the official logo? Incredibly short-sighted.

Last edited:
What better way to represent the SW franchise than with an R2-D2 ripoff droid? Lame.

I’d argue BB8 is the most iconic and recognizeable character of the new trilogy next to Kylo Ren. So it makes sense. SW Land is based on the new trilogy, not the OT.

Personally I don’t love or hate the logo. These things don’t make much of a difference to me.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
The regular logo looks fine, problem is that’s not how they’re deploying it. That character one is going up on the arches.

The alternative names were awful but I don’t see how the studios part still applies to this park.
Pixar Studios
Walt Disney Animation Studios
LucasFilm
Muppet Studios
ABC Television
21CF

Don’t think of “studios” in the sense of it being a working studio. Think of all the different “studios” that Disney owns that it can use in its parks and currently does.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
Question for anybody who's watched any of this 30th Anniversary coverage: has the park's history been highlighted at all in the course of this? Backlot Tour, Great Movie Ride, Magic of Disney Animation? Have Indy or the Muppets gotten shout-outs of any worth as the remaining properties that have been in the park the longest?

I ask because it seems to me that Disney's using the anniversary not to celebrate the park's history, but to recalibrate its image going forward.

Reactions: SpyderDan and WAJAS
I was really underwhelmed this morning. The procession was half baked. The best part was seeing the Galaxy’s Edge costumes in person. And then the presentation at the stage was so short and they only mentioned the coming attractions. Definitely seemed like they were trying to shed their history, not play up any nostalgia.

Reactions: belloq87
The past is the past. If you want nostalgia visit Magic Kingdom.
Universal Orlando has gone through even more changes since it opened. Considering all the money they are spending on this park, focusing on stuff long bulldozed seems like a waste of time to me.

The past is the past. If you want nostalgia visit Magic Kingdom.
Universal Orlando has gone through even more changes since it opened. Considering all the money they are spending on this park, focusing on stuff long bulldozed seems like a waste of time to me.
upload_2019-5-2_7-17-47.gif
...kill it if you have to.

Reactions: rhino4evr