MSHI Expansion? | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You could make a case that Doom is an E-ticket.
disneyland-e-ticket-1-750x356.jpg
That was in the 50’s.

Modern Disney still uses the term to describe new rides but it’s reserved for things like what’s coming to Star Wars Land.

That should tell you all you need to know.

I mean you could make a case for just about anything if we're talking about a hypothetical situation where Universal started charging individually for rides.

Ok.

Anyone else expect this to be the first big thing for IoA after the new park opens?
Not to bring up Disney again, but I think Universal will wait and see how the second gen of Marvel does

I know End Game made a ton of money, but after Captain Marvel, I can see the second generation of films being a drag

Reactions: FatalBubbles
Not to bring up Disney again, but I think Universal will wait and see how the second gen of Marvel does

I know End Game made a ton of money, but after Captain Marvel, I can see the second generation of films being a drag
Universal could always use the original characters. They’re not restricted to what’s current in the MCU.

So ignore when MCU is at its hottest, and then not add because you didn’t add just because the big synergy moment is gone? There will be more Avengers movies, I’d bet on it.

Reactions: Mike S
The Doom queue and the alley leading up to the ride is great.

To be blunt, the actual ride experience sucks. It's a ride that should be sold off to Fun Spot. A quick shot up and then a slow bob up and down back to the ground. That's literally the entire ride experience and it's about 30 seconds. The land could be put to so much better use and I can guarantee you that 99% of even the most die hard theme park fans wouldn't miss it if it left.

The themeing is fantastic in the que and the building..., but I actually love the ride itself, I know it's not unique at all and is probably in tons of amusement parks and state fairs around the country, but my local park doesn't have a ride like this and I find the ride, exhilarating and peaceful. Riding doom around sunset... it's a fantastic view... if only it were a bit longer... I understand your take though

I feel like this thread gets bumped around the same time every year, whenever the next big MCU movie comes out. I’ve been wanting some MSHI expansion for years and years.

Besides anything Potter related, Hulk and Spider Man are the resorts 2 biggest rides. Always a massive line during peak season. Universal just must not see Marvel as a priority because of this. The whole contract and what they can/can’t do certainly plays a factor as well.

This decade saw major upgrades to both rides. So I think that’s Universal doing what they can within the contract to bring some things up to date.

I’m thinking there’s a lot more details to this contract we’re not aware of. This site has done a great job of describing what it entails and what Universal can do and what Disney can do. I just can’t fathom why Universal has not tried to capitalize on the success of Iron Man and Captain America, if it’s within the rights of the contract. Even if it’s just a meet and greet with Iron Man. The current comic forms of these characters are very similar to their MCU counterparts. So it’s doable. Just a bummer to see all of these iconic characters in theme park limbo

I just can’t fathom why Universal has not tried to capitalize on the success of Iron Man and Captain America, if it’s within the rights of the contract. Even if it’s just a meet and greet with Iron Man. The current comic forms of these characters are very similar to their MCU counterparts. So it’s doable. Just a bummer to see all of these iconic characters in theme park limbo

They created a character dining experience with the Marvel characters. The big problem is unless it's a huge blockbuster (or an attempt at one) some execs in UC don't want to try and invest in it. So that then leaves food & bev and entertainment holding the bill. UC is improving the rest of the resort, food & bev is catching up to Disney, and entertainment is doing HHN and focusing on Christmas. Marvel is a stable land, why put in a new ride when Dragon Challenge needs to be replaced, there are issues at USF, VB is being built, a third park, etc.

They created a character dining experience with the Marvel characters. The big problem is unless it's a huge blockbuster (or an attempt at one) some execs in UC don't want to try and invest in it. So that then leaves food & bev and entertainment holding the bill. UC is improving the rest of the resort, food & bev is catching up to Disney, and entertainment is doing HHN and focusing on Christmas. Marvel is a stable land, why put in a new ride when Dragon Challenge needs to be replaced, there are issues at USF, VB is being built, a third park, etc.
I’d argue Marvel needed something rather than Jurassic Park.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Marvel just got a hulk redo. Spidey has been upgraded. Jurassic park got an upgrade to what’s basically a meet n greet, but other than that JP really needed something new. Wish we had gotten a nice dark ride with tons of animatronics and what not but a new coaster is a new coaster.

What’s funny is watching all the areas around toon lagoon getting new rides/upgrades or whatever while that amphitheater is just..... ya know

Reactions: natespf
Anyone else expect this to be the first big thing for IoA after the new park opens?

It depends. As Nick said:

No, I think Seuss could use an addition, Toon Lagoon needs to figure itself out and something is obviously going to replace LC.

But JP wasn't really in the most need either right now either. Projects will happen when the time is right.

JP was certainly not the most needed addition. Not even close. But it was certainly the most marketable with their attempt to counter WDWs 50th.

So while LC and Toon Lagoon are the most pressing issues, if they realize they need more marketability, you might see Marvel getting the nod.

Even then, though, If they need a marketing push, expect it to come in the form an addition to the new park. Or possibly USF. And we’re talking a minimum of 6-7 years down the road before they need another major marketing push in the pipeline. Likely to counter SW Land v2 (unless WDW decides to counter FW with SWv2).

In summary:
The good news is that it’s likely they’ll address what actually needs addressed in the park. Namely TL and LC and to a lesser extend Seuss.
The bad news is Marvel likely won’t be touched for well over a decade.
The only way I see anything happening is a miracle to occur in the next 3-4 months and they move JP to 2021 and Marvel for 2022. I’d give that 1/500 odds.

What's your argument for that?
Because a Marvel movie is in talks of possibly hitting $3 billion and becoming the highest grossing movie ever.

If Avatar got a whole land from it becoming the highest grossing movie ever and Marvel is actually way more popular,
giphy.gif

JP would’ve been fine just getting the same update as Hollywood. The Avengers would’ve brought in the huge crowds.