Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TODAY Cafe

I don't necessarily love how beige it is, but it does the job and isn't overbearing. Not sure the exterior is an improvement over the Boulangerie, but it doesn't matter because the interior is a huge improvement and I will say that even though prices are slightly up, the sandwiches are larger (and better) than they used to be.
The floor to ceiling windows are nice too.

Ran in today to grab some desserts to go. Thought they did a really nice job inside, it’s definitely a place I’d stop to grab a cappuccino or Jai Alai and relax for a little while. I’ll report back on how the lemon meringue and fruit tarts were.

Ran in today to grab some desserts to go. Thought they did a really nice job inside, it’s definitely a place I’d stop to grab a cappuccino or Jai Alai and relax for a little while. I’ll report back on how the lemon meringue and fruit tarts were.
That reminds me, what is everyone's favorite dessert there so far? I've only tried the Chocolate Raspberry Bombe, and it was good, but too sweet for me. Thinking of trying either the Key Lime Tart or one of the Cheesecakes on a stick next. Any suggestions?

I don't necessarily love how beige it is, but it does the job and isn't overbearing. Not sure the exterior is an improvement over the Boulangerie, but it doesn't matter because the interior is a huge improvement and I will say that even though prices are slightly up, the sandwiches are larger (and better) than they used to be.
I was expecting more color on the outside...But I think it fits in better with Hollywood, while being more modern looking

That reminds me, what is everyone's favorite dessert there so far? I've only tried the Chocolate Raspberry Bombe, and it was good, but too sweet for me. Thinking of trying either the Key Lime Tart or one of the Cheesecakes on a stick next. Any suggestions?
Ive only had thr Earl They cream puff, which is very good.

Ive only had thr Earl They cream puff, which is very good.
The Lemon Meringue Tart is very delicious I must say & my favorite so far. I also had the "30 Rock Midtowner" and I will be ordering that a lot more, may be a little pricey but it filled me up. My other half enjoyed the Chinatown Chicken salad, and he can be very picky on what he eats. I believe I am gonna have to try one of the Cheesecakes on a stick once we get back from our mini Busch Gardens Williamsburg & Dollywood getaway.

Avocado Toast rocketed to my favorite breakfast item. I’ve never eaten avocado toast before in my life, but I’ve eaten my fair share of guacamole, and the seasoning/dried herbs in the mash really helped this dish in my mind.

And thanks for the suggestions, the Lemon Tart is awesome.

Sadly, no more live audio of Today Show in the morning apparently. Just pop music now.

UPDATE: They’re testing the audio in different ways to be ready for grand opening on the 16th. Just happened to catch it while testing music mode. They had the show playing earlier.

Is the avocado basically a guacamole or does it not have the garlic and other seasonings?
I tasted salt, garlic and oregano in it. Add in the tomato aioli and veggies on top and pickles on the side and it’s a nice dish. I was afraid it was just plain avocado as the menu says “smashed avocado,” but I was pleasantly surprised.

The avocado toast sounds and looks great. Reminds me of breakfasts in Spain... avocado, tomato, and olive oil on toast; simple and perfect. I'm excited to try that and a few other items next time I'm down. I'm curious about the grilled cheese with apple, the dulce de leche dessert, and the lemon meringue tart y'all keep raving about :)

PS: I love Jason Guy [and Big Brother (and all the CBS reality comp shows lol)]. I've seen him at Uni a few times before, too. He's an HHN fan like most of us.

Avocado Toast rocketed to my favorite breakfast item. I’ve never eaten avocado toast before in my life, but I’ve eaten my fair share of guacamole, and the seasoning/dried herbs in the mash really helped this dish in my mind.

And thanks for the suggestions, the Lemon Tart is awesome.

Sadly, no more live audio of Today Show in the morning apparently. Just pop music now.

UPDATE: They’re testing the audio in different ways to be ready for grand opening on the 16th. Just happened to catch it while testing music mode. They had the show playing earlier.

Completely defeats the purpose of a theme park, in which we go to ESCAPE reality. If I needed to see the Today Show, I'd just stay in my hotel room.

Except that the Today Show is mostly fluff with a little news coverage mixed in. It's not like it's the Rachel Maddow Show Cafe. This is focusing on the softer side of the show.
Unless they're covering a mass shooting or some other disaster in the world. Super fun.