Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 574 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, everyone pretending like Universal is going bankrupt if they don't open a ride in conjunction with Galaxy's Edge
Your satirical point is correct. Hagrid's will have long term attendance strength. It's a sure superstar E ticket. Actually, Universal should own the summer and will still be fine when GESWL premiers at the END of summer. It should have continued attendance/revenue strength with the Hagar/Dark Arts Show combo. Potter additions always have legs. They're not 6 month wonders. Remains to be seen what will bridge the gap from 2021 to 2023 when the new park opens. I'm sure they'll come up with more than the JP coaster.

Last edited:
To be fair, that's an incredibly wide gap.

On one end you have Hulk; which was built like a Six Flags ride in regards to theme. "Paint it Purple, its the Joker". Paint it green, it's the Hulk. Obviously maintenance and ops are completely on another level, and we have a relatively decent queue and much better ride vehicle, but the theming itself is absolutely nothing. In particular the back half that goes over back of house.

On the other end you have quite possibly the most intricately themed coaster in North America, if not the world. If it's not top, then it's certainly in the discussion.

So saying it'll be between a bare bones Six Flags theme and the best themed on the continent is so varying that it really doesn't tell us much of anything. :lol:
Very true. At the least im expecting some slight rockwork and fencing/ enclosure styled props

Reactions: truejonas
Im not worried at all about swge affecting universal at all. It will be new and amazing but nothing says game changer about it im sorry. Game changed in 2010 and 2014.

Reactions: tielo
Im not worried at all about swge affecting universal at all. It will be new and amazing but nothing says game changer about it im sorry. Game changed in 2010 and 2014.

If everything I've been reading about Rise of the Resistance attraction are true, that will be a game changing attraction for sure.

But as others have noted, more people coming to Orlando for SWGE I think will only benefit Universal as a portion of Disney goers do end up going to Universal for a bit (and vice versa). "All boats rise with the tide".

If everything I've been reading about Rise of the Resistance attraction are true, that will be a game changing attraction for sure.

But as others have noted, more people coming to Orlando for SWGE I think will only benefit Universal as a portion of Disney goers do end up going to Universal for a bit (and vice versa). "All boats rise with the tide".

Spot on. There's going to be plenty of overflow at Disney and Universal and SeaWorld are more than happy to scoop it up.

They need to be on their A game as they're in a situation to pick up plenty of return guests.

I honestly expect Epcot to be the big loser in this situation...IMO Guardians should already be open

Buuut, how bought that JP Coaster

Reactions: devinp267
I honestly expect Epcot to be the big loser in this situation...IMO Guardians should already be open

Buuut, how bought that JP Coaster

its not Mack Rides correct? i saw a post, and i actually spoke to said person at the busch gardens 60th party, and he seemed incredibly certain that the jp ride would be a Mack, and not an intamin. just need confirmation on this. he also did show me a picture of a mack rides crate behind River Adventure (backstage) but im pretty sure thats for ripsaw. and im also aware of the permit filed a while back stating intamin's contractor being involved with universal

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
its not Mack Rides correct? i saw a post, and i actually spoke to said person at the busch gardens 60th party, and he seemed incredibly certain that the jp ride would be a Mack, and not an intamin. just need confirmation on this. he also did show me a picture of a mack rides crate behind River Adventure (backstage) but im pretty sure thats for ripsaw. and im also aware of the permit filed a while back stating intamin's contractor being involved with universal
Could it be confusion with the Jurassic ride going into Beijing? That's a Mack if I recall...

I really, really hope it isn’t Mack.

Considering the wide breadth of the layout, I would guess Intamin

Long ago I had heard this was going to be a Mack, and that came from someone I know who worked with Mack on the Slinky Dog coaster. They said they were building a coaster for Universal Orlando in the near future.

Long ago I had heard this was going to be a Mack, and that came from someone I know who worked with Mack on the Slinky Dog coaster. They said they were building a coaster for Universal Orlando in the near future.

It would make absolutely no sense to have Intamin build a highly themed coaster and for Mack to build a more traditional, less themed coaster. Like, shouldn't it be the opposite?

Last edited:
Rest in peace, Triceratops Encounter. I'll always treasure my childhood memory of being the one chosen to go up and interact with the Triceratops. It really felt like I was actually in a real Jurassic Park interacting with a real dinosaur. Hopefully this replacement can live up to it for me.
I'll always remember it for being broken down and/or closed

In regards to the Mack versus Intamin speculation: Originally I was staunchly in Intamin's corner, however after riding Copperhead Strike, I would not mind it being a Mack at all. CS was phenomenal, with some of the most intense spurts of ejector airtime I've experienced in a while. Front row was like riding a raging bull. If they can do that but bigger for the JP coaster, we're in for a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.