Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

Pixar Studios
Walt Disney Animation Studios
LucasFilm
Muppet Studios
ABC Television
21CF

Don’t think of “studios” in the sense of it being a working studio. Think of all the different “studios” that Disney owns that it can use in its parks and currently does.

That’s a pretty loose fit. I think at this point they’re just holding onto the name because people know it and changing it won’t really do anything except cost a small fortune.

That’s a pretty loose fit. I think at this point they’re just holding onto the name because people know it and changing it won’t really do anything except cost a small fortune.
I mean yeah, but the name works and simply changing from DHS to Disney’s Hollywood Adventure for example isn’t going to do anything to make it more unique and will only confuse the consumer.

No need to change from something that people know and is working.

I mean yeah, but the name works and simply changing from DHS to Disney’s Hollywood Adventure for example isn’t going to do anything to make it more unique and will only confuse the consumer.

No need to change from something that people know and is working.

Adventure seems to be the most popular name but it would no doubt lead to confusion with Islands of Adventure

I guess I’m in the minority. I like the new logo. It’s simple, modern, and straight to the point.
I mean, your not wrong. And the old logo with the “studio” imagery needed to go.

The problem is the new logo that has characters in it won’t be timeless like the other logos.

I’m fine with simple clean font logos for most businesses, but I like at least a little whimsy in my theme park logo. Imagine if all theme park logos were simple.

It works for something like Disney Springs or CityWalk, but doesn’t sit well with me for a theme park.

I mean, your not wrong. And the old logo with the “studio” imagery needed to go.

The problem is the new logo that has characters in it won’t be timeless like the other logos.
But the current logo has a character on it. Also, the new one has 2 timeless characters. So the real issue is BB-8? I don't really see the problem here.

Edit: I would understand the uproar more if Micky was eliminated. But, he's not. It's basically the same logo as the current one with 2 extra characters.

Last edited:
Both of these are screenshots from their logo announcement video. The plain text feels like it’s missing a little style, and the circles are maybe a bit nondescript, but still, both of them feel so much better than the character iteration, to me. They’re more versatile and timeless and balanced. I really hope they give this new logo some more thought.

And the announcement video for anyone interested:

Both of these are screenshots from their logo announcement video. The plain text feels like it’s missing a little style, and the circles are maybe a bit nondescript, but still, both of them feel so much better than the character iteration, to me. They’re more versatile and timeless and balanced. I really hope they give this new logo some more thought.

aluminum sulfate in deodorant
To be honest I prefer it with the characters.

Without characters it’s just text. And with the colorful Os it’s the Billboard charts logo.
I see the comparison to the billboard logo, but I do actually like the ones with the colors. It’s better than just the text and better than characters. I guess none are great and they’re going for a modern flair with the pastels (reminds me of the Tomorrowland overhaul colors).

Something a bit more unique would’ve been nice, for sure.

I keep thinking about this so I had to take a swing at it :lol: I only had my phone, so had to keep it simple, but I agree: a logo needs some level of iconography, in the font or otherwise.

Boom! Simple, gets the point across and timeless.

I keep thinking about this so I had to take a swing at it :lol: I only had my phone, so had to keep it simple, but I agree: a logo needs some level of iconography, in the font or otherwise.

I had thought about something similar but the lights would make the double o’s. I do like the simplicity of this and I'm really digging the colours.

I think a studio already uses something similar though.

Edit: I'm assuming it was Fox I was thinking of:
1200px-20th_Century_Fox_logo.svg.png

Last edited:
Is it official according to the previous user on another topic who said the Indy show is safe and will be getting an update that means we will never see an Indy Land at Walt Disney World at all? And what about cars, incredibles and monsters inc? Is their possibilities of a larger Pixar presence in the park for the future?