Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

I'm hoping for some cool theming for this..If it's truly themed to the deep ocean 'abyss', they could really do some neat things with undersea creatures...The Angler Fish comes to mind
The entire area could be rethemed to the deepsea, and if the rumor for Wild Arctic being replaced by a flying theater is true, then they can have that as a ride that takes you to the bottom of the ocean.

The entire area could be rethemed to the deepsea, and if the rumor for Wild Arctic being replaced by a flying theater is true, then they can have that as a ride that takes you to the bottom of the ocean.
It would be fun if they tied Sesame in somehow with a deepwater dive dark ride

Oh man, three new rides in that area? Now that's something to get excited about! Especially the flying theater and Sesame Street dark ride-- I was really starting to worry SeaWorld had given up on indoor rides. Hopefully the "sea of power" will be given an actual theme in the process of building all these new additions.

Oh man, three new rides in that area? Now that's something to get excited about! Especially the flying theater and Sesame Street dark ride-- I was really starting to worry SeaWorld had given up on indoor rides. Hopefully the "sea of power" will be given an actual theme in the process of building all these new additions.
That area is honestly a drag, so I'm glad they're attention is on it

It seems they are going clockwise around the park in terms of expansion

We could call it Mission Bermuda Triangle.
A Bermuda area would actually be cool, as it would offer an edge to the deep sea, since face it, it would be odd to have a restaurant in the deep sea lol. Also means it would be easy to keep Mango Joe's without it looking out of place. Have the entire area themed as a shoreline, and the ride entry facades as places where to get an excursion to the bottom of the sea. Only thing is, what to do with the Wild Arctic animals, I mean, walrusses and belugas don't fit the theme.

A Bermuda area would actually be cool, as it would offer an edge to the deep sea, since face it, it would be odd to have a restaurant in the deep sea lol. Also means it would be easy to keep Mango Joe's without it looking out of place. Have the entire area themed as a shoreline, and the ride entry facades as places where to get an excursion to the bottom of the sea. Only thing is, what to do with the Wild Arctic animals, I mean, walrusses and belugas don't fit the theme.
The joke is of course, that’s what Ride was before it was Wild Arctic:

It's probably the worst shape ride in all of Orlando.
This x100. I've dubbed it "Car Crash: The Ride" because you feel like you got in a fender bender after you get off. I'm honestly surprised that the simulators haven't shaken themselves apart yet.

The only time I ride it is if someone I'm with hasn't ridden. When I'm by myself or with friends who have ridden, we walk through the exit to see the animals. The area needs work for sure, but I just don't know about them changing the core theme of the area, given the infrastructure for the arctic animal exhibits. Not really anywhere for them to go, and I doubt SeaWorld is gonna just get rid of two belugas, two walruses, and a bunch of harbor seals.

Sorry to tell you but...it's on it's way out next. Whatever is replacing it will be the 2021 attraction. It needed replacement a decade or so ago. It's long over due for an upgrade. As Alicia mentioned above it's literally held together with duct tape. The animal exhibits will stay, with some upgrades hopefully.
I'm shocked there hasn't been any reported injuries on it... (other than the constantly flapping doors of course).