Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Web Slingers (DCA)

This is such an epic fail of an idea I really just can't believe they have gone this low. Obviously it will be better in real life and sure TSMM is hugely popular but... seriously... what?!?

I think I'd have prefered a well themed Spider-man shop than this.

Last edited:
It has come to my conclusion, and uttermost belief: That Bioreconstruct, has a frigging Tardis.

One moment, he's posting aerials of Hagrids and UFW, and the other; HES POSTING AERIALS OF LA.

There is no proof to go against this, as I have to believe that this is real and fact now.

Or (no proof here just guessing) Attractions is paying him and flew him out for DLR coverage.

100% disney marketing but still cool!
I mean, it was an orchestrated set in the area that they weren't hiding, so yeah :lol:. What this has me most happy about is it shows Disney/Sony's partnership clearly is extending to the parks, meaning Tom Holland hopefully should be the Spider-Man in the ride.

After seeing Far From Home, I actually believe this ride can be tolerable; even with the disappointing blueprint leak. Don't read the spoilers until you've seen far from home.

Yeah, this ride is basically gonna be a TSMM clone, but they can at least redeem it if Mysterio is the villain of the ride. They can use his illusion tech manipulate the riders with his illusions. Some of the imagery for his illusion sequences can be really trippy. They could use so much with the digital mapping tech. If they really want to please the fans, get JJJ to voice his adamant opinions on Spider-man in the queue line.

but alas, if the ride system is minimal, I expect the story to be minimal as well. Most likely nothing more than just webbing up thugs on the streets of NY. If they're really lazy, the whole plot may just be "training" in Stark Laboratories with no scenes of fighting "real" threats....except maybe at the end. But I hope they go for the Far From Home Route.

Just for those who don't view the Disneyland Paris threads, and because these are likely to be almost identical attractions...

Someone posted a 3D model of the Spider-Man ride on Disney Central Plaza. Looks legit and fits the previous layout plans. Bare in mind this is just a planning doc and the real building will have textures/materials, colors and signage not shown here.
upload_2019-7-6_17-24-9-png.10084

If they do go a Mysterio-flavored route, or the all time classic "and then something goes wrong"-style plot, Spidey could be using Stark's BARF technology to show villains or events that happened to him to show us the ropes (or webs!), and then the system gets hacked by Mysterio or Hydra or whoever they want as the villain as everything gets trippy. The possibilities really open up when you think of it that way.