Spider-Man: Far From Home | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man: Far From Home

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No Endgame spoilers at all, but now that Amy Pascal is leaving Sony, does that mean they will eventually let Marvel use the symbiotes?

I think a good question, could be raised when it comes to Venom 2; to where the director and several producers if I recall, desired for Venom 2 to incorporate more of Spidey in some form. And that was before Endgame came out, to just bring that up.

To give a guess, as it does feel a bit of a spoiler..

Part of me thinks Sony and Marvel Studios both want to see success with Spider-Man. And that, I do think we will see more of the Post-Endgame Peter in forms outside of just Far From Home. Part of me even wonders, if they may consider pulling a Ragnarok, and having a Spider-Man/Deadpool oriented road trip film; due to the popularity of the two characters when combined.

So there's a pretty easy explanation...
Peter's friend group all got dusted and they are finishing out high school. I think what will happen is that we will hear of those that DIDN'T get dusted and they kept living their life. Maybe someone that's not that important from the debate team will have gotten dusted and will come back 5 years older, etc. I don't think it's going to be Peter's entire class didn't get dusted, just they'll be very, very selective about who did.

Reactions: CyborgDinosaur
So there's a pretty easy explanation...
Peter's friend group all got dusted and they are finishing out high school. I think what will happen is that we will hear of those that DIDN'T get dusted and they kept living their life. Maybe someone that's not that important from the debate team will have gotten dusted and will come back 5 years older, etc. I don't think it's going to be Peter's entire class didn't get dusted, just they'll be very, very selective about who did.

I would love to see a tv show about this. I know that The Leftovers has a similar premise.

Reactions: Legacy
This is a win for Sony, as it somewhat also gives them..a very unique position.

It allows both the Venomverse and Spider-Verse of animated stories; to co-exist with the MCU. But it also allows them to stand out, as opposed to the MCU. I really wonder how they'll play with that, especially if Venom possibly brings Spider-Man into the mix.

Additionally, it makes me curious to see how Marvel Studios then plays with Deadpool in the case of the Multiverse; as he's a character that can go any particular way.

Reactions: Magic-Man
This looks like a lot of fun. Still doesn’t feel super “Spider-man-ish” and I’m hoping before holland is out of the picture we get a good classic Spider-Man type movie.

What does that mean to you?
Not entirely sure how to describe it, but I guess capturing some of the “magic” from spidey zipping around NYC from the raimi movies just.... in an actually good movie. I love holland as Spider-Man I just feel he hasn’t been able to really be Spider-Man. He felt more like Spider-Man in Civil War than he did in homecoming which is weird.

But I’m not trying to complain or whatever. This looks great and Mysterio is one of my favorite villains and it looks like they nailed him. The elementals look like some lifeless CGI goop we would get from a DC movie but other than that I’m stoked about this movie

See I fee far different. I think he fits Spider-Man perfectly. All his actions have felt like Spider-Man to me. Toby was a good Peter but his spider-man wasn’t great. Garfield was a good Spider-Man but not great Peter. Tom fits both.
Oh no that’s not what I’m saying. Holland is perfect and he is nailing the peter/Spidey thing. I think the movies themselves haven’t handled spidey that well.

See I fee far different. I think he fits Spider-Man perfectly. All his actions have felt like Spider-Man to me. Toby was a good Peter but his spider-man wasn’t great. Garfield was a good Spider-Man but not great Peter. Tom fits both.

Oh no that’s not what I’m saying. Holland is perfect and he is nailing the peter/Spidey thing. I think the movies themselves haven’t handled spidey that well.
I personally think they handled Spidey's character very well, but the world around Spider-man is a little rough. It pains me to admit this because this is the MCU Spidey; the Spidey we've wanted for a very long time to be with all of the other characters. It's mainly how they took a lot of liberties with the characters in Peter's life (Looking at Aunt May and MJ) and there's a lack of characters that played a big role in Peter's life in everything else (Harry Osbourne, JJJ, Dr. Conors, etc.)

Reactions: jseal777
I personally think they handled Spidey's character very well, but the world around Spider-man is a little rough. It pains me to admit this because this is the MCU Spidey; the Spidey we've wanted for a very long time to be with all of the other characters. It's mainly how they took a lot of liberties with the characters in Peter's life (Looking at Aunt May and MJ) and there's a lack of characters that played a big role in Peter's life in everything else (Harry Osbourne, JJJ, Dr. Conors, etc.)

I get the problems people have with main Spider-Man characters not being in the MCU, but why does everyone have a problem with MJ and Aunt May in the MCU? They're good characters, who cares if they're not exactly comic book accurate? We've already seen them multiple times like that.