Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 599 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image0.jpg
I like how colorful it is but I have never seen this kind of glass or the nonsensical design of the glass in buildings.
The glass looks Tiffany like, church windows are more translucent and Gothic churches have always a clear design. But again, it looks colorful and I hope it's lit behind.

Reactions: greendude33
The stained glass reminds me of the post war modernism that sprung up in rebuilt cathedrals. I believe Coventry Cathedral has such abstract patterns. I personally do not care for the choice they made here.

I like how colorful it is but I have never seen this kind of glass or the nonsensical design of the glass in buildings.
The glass looks Tiffany like, church windows are more translucent and Gothic churches have always a clear design. But again, it looks colorful and I hope it's lit behind.

This is the wizarding world though remember, which generally means it’s real life made a bit more “whacky.”

Reactions: natespf and youhow2
The stained glass reminds me of the post war modernism that sprung up in rebuilt cathedrals. I believe Coventry Cathedral has such abstract patterns. I personally do not care for the choice they made here.

It is definitely more modern than the examples in the films. These are the two colored representations we saw on screen.

Attachments

• BDD75B77-755E-46C4-878A-E895590A21EE.jpeg
    BDD75B77-755E-46C4-878A-E895590A21EE.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 3CFE5D81-F5DC-4E94-9ED7-80A70A64DF6D.png
    3CFE5D81-F5DC-4E94-9ED7-80A70A64DF6D.png
    269.8 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Andysol
I don’t see why they would. Kong is easily a top three figure in Orlando.
Let's hope so. Ive always felt when it comes to human face AAs small inconsistencies are a little less forgiving, its different than an animal imo. Fyi I want it to be the best one in Orlando(to date), just a lil nervous.

If I am correct, there's a deliberate reason for the randomness of the glass here. If you look at the window panes in Hagrid's hut in the 3rd film onward, he has taken seemingly recyled broken pieces of gothic stained glass and combined them at random to create windows for his hut. I will say the Tiffany-look of the glass here doesn't work, but the film setwork does tell a story that he recycled old glass and installed it clumsily at random. Because this is his ride, I think it's fitting.

Isn’t it interesting that JKR said no actual characters in the parks but went ahead with this addition. Perhaps she was convinced that Hagrid is a more timeless character?
I believe she said no face characters in the park. After all, characters are already present in the rides in films.

Only 38 more days left!
It feels so close, but still so far.
Have they even tested with more than one train yet? We don't want a Gringotts opening repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.