Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 602 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Bioreconstruct will post new aerials as soon as I decide to go on a Twitter hiatus lol :shifty:

I like that we can see the ride vehicle seats better on these latest pics. The unicorns look cool, too, although I don't see a horn on the unicorn pony. Whatever is the name for a baby unicorn? lol

as soon as I decide to go on a Twitter hiatus

You're better off for it.

The unicorns look cool, too, although I don't see a horn on the unicorn pony. Whatever is the name for a baby unicorn?

Could be anything. You call male horses Stallions or Geldings depending on if they are castrated or not. Females are Mares. Fillys are young females. Colts are young Males. Foals are babies. Then they have yearlings, weanlings and all sorts of other names.
A pony is a size of horse.

TDLR; It's all confusing as hell, so let's just use "Baby Unicorn".

RIP @Alicia 5/6/2019 No way she survives this level of excitement. Off to the In Memoriam thread.

c732z.gif
Funny you should say that, lol...

I was offline and missed it for a bit, but it did in fact murder me when I saw it, thanks lol.

The restraints on that vehicles bikes are not final, the finals ones will look like the side cars.
I take it that means the other trains already have the final T bar installed? No way they let the test riders on that train with that temporary restraint.

Reactions: Andysol
They've now covered up the sign slightly.

They didn't cover it up, they took off the premolded section and that was behind it. So now they'll remove the board or (more likely) cut out portions for the lettering.

They're moving fast and in the process of filling the roofline gaps.

You know- in analyzing that pic more, I wouldn't be completely shocked to see them block the lettering in glass (possibly even stained glass).
The next step will be filling in the gaps on the roofline as well as lines where the pre-molded portions were installed - In Progress
Then painting prior to the cutting of the thin hardyboard
Then it's a matter of filling in the lettering with something transparent since it will be backlit.

So the Hagrid AA video didn’t impress me that much. I’m thinking it will look amazing in person, but the video they showed wasn’t all that “mind blowing”. Seems like keeping it a secret may have worked better.

And why focus on the slow umbrella, and not show any of his facial functions? His movement in the video looked like a Dept store Santa Claus robot

Last edited:
So the Hagrid AA video didn’t impress me that much. I’m thinking it will look amazing in person, but the video they showed wasn’t all that “mind blowing”. Seems like keeping it a secret may have worked better.

And why focus on the slow umbrella, and not show any of his facial functions? His movement in the video looked like a Dept Santa Claus robot
Yeah they’re saying it’s advanced but barely showed any motion. Maybe it’s just not quite ready, but by not showing the actual range of motion for the figure, they’re giving people more things to be negative about. I’m seeing comments about how pathetic it is, and how it must not actually be all that advanced.

Reactions: Mike S
They didn't cover it up, they took off the premolded section and that was behind it. So now they'll remove the board or (more likely) cut out portions for the lettering.

They're moving fast and in the process of filling the roofline gaps.

I believe bio's is a photo from this weekend, IU is more recent.

Guys, have we not learned our lesson here? :lol:

But will the water still be brown?

Reactions: Joel
They've now covered up the sign slightly.

Did a little Sign fab myself. Most likely the brown you see is just protective cover that is on white translucent plastic. There is probably now LEDs behind inside e the brown protective plastic. The Hagrid sign is then placed over the sign and the light now shines through the cutouts of the lettering on the Hargrid part, or the letters are going to be pop-out 1 inch acrylic pieces. Either way this is backlit

I don't understand the point of touting Hagrid as the most advance AA at Universal, then showcasing a video of it standing still. I hate making this comparison but Disney and Universal but Disney doesn't hesitate showing their AA's fully moving in mid production. (example: the Shaman from NRJ, TDL's BATB, and SWL's Hondo AA, the list goes on).

From 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.