Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 603 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the point of touting Hagrid as the most advance AA at Universal, then showcasing a video of it standing still. I hate making this comparison but Disney and Universal but Disney doesn't hesitate showing their AA's fully moving in mid production. (example: the Shaman from NRJ, TDL's BATB, and SWL's Hondo AA, the list goes on).

From 2016

Oh yeah i remember seeing this video in 2016.

Bio's definitely looks more recent. The edges are partially covered up, and on Sunday they only had the stained glass installed.

Huh yeah you're right, now I'm not sure. But IU's photos are from TODAY, so either that much was done in a few hours or they've been adding and removing elements for test.

Huh yeah you're right, now I'm not sure. But IU's photos are from TODAY, so either that much was done in a few hours or they've been adding and removing elements for test.
Perhaps it was just a test fitting to see if it all lined up correctly? Who knows

I dont think there will be any less people piling in to experience this. They can have some exclusiveness still.

I believe bio's is a photo from this weekend, IU is more recent.

Bio's definitely looks more recent. The edges are partially covered up, and on Sunday they only had the stained glass installed.

Bios is newer. They have done that much in just a few hours.

You can see that they added the trim out at the top of bios most recent pics vs IUs.

They put up the cardboard/thin hardy board (or possibly an acrylic cover with a paper cover?) a couple days ago after painting the inside white to protect the white paint for the test fitting. Then they fitted it, then they took it down to finish the trim work.

I’d keep an eye on it because it might be done with the entrance in a couple days. They’re moving fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Bios is newer. They have done that much in just a few hours.

You can see that they added the trim out at the top of bios most recent pics vs IUs.

They put up the cardboard/thin hardy board a couple days ago after painting the inside white to protect the white paint for the test fitting. Then they fitted it, then they took it down to finish the trim work.

I’d keep an eye on it because it might be done with the entrance in a couple days. They’re moving fast.
Yes i've noticed a picking up of things lately, i wonder if all trains are onsite??

As we know by now Universal's marketing team has a different perspective on promotion than say Disney.
Nothing of the material they showed up until now did in any way reflect my excitement for this ride.
But the general public is inviting friends to return to Universal to see this ride so it does work.
In the end I trust Universal enough to deliver on this ride.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I like that we can see the ride vehicle seats better on these latest pics. The unicorns look cool, too, although I don't see a horn on the unicorn pony. Whatever is the name for a baby unicorn? lol

TDLR; It's all confusing as hell, so let's just use "Baby Unicorn".

Just a bit of Potter Magical Creatures knowledge comin your way:

According to at least one Care of Magical Creatures Professor and a certain Magizoologist - a baby unicorn is called a foal. Looks like they're not born with horns:

From Goblet of Fire:

"Today he had managed to capture two unicorn foals. Unlike full-grown unicorns, they were pure gold. Parvati and Lavender went into transports of delight at the sight of them, and even Pansy Parkinson had to work hard to conceal how much she liked them.

‘Easier ter spot than the adults,' Hagrid told the class. ‘They turn silver when they’re abou' two years old, an' they grow horns at aroun' four. Don' go pure white 'til they’re full-grown, round about seven. They’re a bit more trustin' when they’re babies ... don' mind boys so much ... c’mon, move in a bit, yeh can pat 'em if yeh want ... give 'em a few o' these sugar lumps ..."

And from Fantastis Beasts and Where to Find them
upload_2019-5-7_10-4-20.png

Status
Not open for further replies.