Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 604 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's had a roof since the land was built. Here's an aerial view from 2015:

upteqyY.png

I believe the space was used as merch and ops storage. Not sure if they're going to repurpose the space for Hagrid, but it's definitely not new.

It's had a roof since the land was built. Here's an aerial view from 2015:

upteqyY.png

I believe the space was used as merch and ops storage. Not sure if they're going to repurpose the space for Hagrid, but it's definitely not new.

Thank you! I think the extra doors look new. Or not.

The sound barrier wall looks SO much better painted green!

This is a technical/engineering marvel that Universal has built. If the ride is anywhere near was entertaining as it has been watching this construction progress....it will be an absolute hit!

The little shed to the left of the ride entrance has been there since Potter took over. It was an unfinished storage room for overflow merch, until recently. The roof was re-done when they started tearing down the arch. There are also new utilities running into it. My guess has been it will be the new ride's merch "kiosk".

I mean, if they can turn the closet under the owls in Diagon into a package wrapping service, they can turn this much larger space into a tiny gift shop.

Was there not recently a permit for a small stall/shop?

Thank you! I think the extra doors look new. Or not.

Just did a quick check through the recent permit bot tweets and came across this one:

8hUAOov.png

So that *might* be for this small building, and if so, this related electrical permit seems to indicate they're putting lockers in there:

TwfwrfA.png

Am I the only one not sure about this? My concern is if its too stop start you don't get the roller-coaster thrills but if its too fast you won't be able to notice the AAs and special effects.
Still think this ride would have been better indoors but it's a huge improvement over dragon challenge.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Am I the only one not sure about this? My concern is if its too stop start you don't get the roller-coaster thrills but if its too fast you won't be able to notice the AAs and special effects.
Still think this ride would have been better indoors but it's a huge improvement over dragon challenge.

From the recent aerial testing footage, its honestly not as stop-start as you think as far as I am aware the current stops are;

The hut - which is actually just a slow down
The spike - which does not hold and drops you straight back
The devils snare - which is a...

Drop track for any of those who do not already know

Last edited:
Just a bit of Potter Magical Creatures knowledge comin your way:

According to at least one Care of Magical Creatures Professor and a certain Magizoologist - a baby unicorn is called a foal. Looks like they're not born with horns:

From Goblet of Fire:

"Today he had managed to capture two unicorn foals. Unlike full-grown unicorns, they were pure gold. Parvati and Lavender went into transports of delight at the sight of them, and even Pansy Parkinson had to work hard to conceal how much she liked them.

‘Easier ter spot than the adults,' Hagrid told the class. ‘They turn silver when they’re abou' two years old, an' they grow horns at aroun' four. Don' go pure white 'til they’re full-grown, round about seven. They’re a bit more trustin' when they’re babies ... don' mind boys so much ... c’mon, move in a bit, yeh can pat 'em if yeh want ... give 'em a few o' these sugar lumps ..."

And from Fantastis Beasts and Where to Find them
View attachment 9516

Fascinating! I certainly didn't remember that. I really need to re-read the books...

Loving the new aerials! So many new details! Happy to see the pathways being stained and blending in better. All pics below are from @bioreconstruct, I've just cropped them to make my points:

Still a bit worried about those buildings in the middle of the ride, but seems they've covered them in some new leafy green fabric of sorts. Hopefully they'll also blend in and won't stand out too much on the ride.

kx4SrYr.jpg

This might be the most inconsequential detail on there, but I'm still obsessively trying to figure out what it'll be. There seems to be a circular concrete base, so probably one of the statues of magical creatures they mentioned we'll also see around?

i7fV1dc.jpg

Can we appreciate not just paint but the TEXTURE on the sound barrier?!

ypzH7Oc.jpg

AXJwe33.jpg

Last edited:
Fascinating! I certainly didn't remember that. I really need to re-read the books...

Loving the new aerials! So many new details! Happy to see the pathways being stained and blending in better. All pics below are from @bioreconstruct, I've just cropped them to make my points:

Still a bit worried about those buildings in the middle of the ride, but seems they've covered them in some new leafy green fabric of sorts. Hopefully they'll also blend in and won't stand out too much on the ride.

kx4SrYr.jpg

This might be the most inconsequential detail on there, but I'm still obsessively trying to figure out what it'll be. There seems to be a circular concrete base, so probably one of the statues of magical creatures they mentioned we'll also see around?

i7fV1dc.jpg

Can we appreciate not just paint but the TEXTURE on the sound barrier?!

ypzH7Oc.jpg

AXJwe33.jpg
Yes. The texture on the sound wall makes it. Great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.