Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Haven't AVATAR 2 and 3 been shot (to the extent these things can be "shot") already? It feels like the casting announcement was about two full years ago at this point.

And now still another 2+ years before release? I wonder if this is something Cameron asked for or something imposed on him by Fox's new ownership.

I remember a time when AVATAR 2 had an announced release date of 2015.

Haven't AVATAR 2 and 3 been shot (to the extent these things can be "shot") already? It feels like the casting announcement was about two full years ago at this point.

And now still another 2+ years before release? I wonder if this is something Cameron asked for or something imposed on him by Fox's new ownership.

I remember a time when AVATAR 2 had an announced release date of 2015.

Nope! Reportedly motion capture has but none of the live action (let alone CGI).

There was 12 years between Titanic and Avatar. Now 12 years between Avatar and Avatar 2. Cameron seems to be creating a pattern.

Yeah, I kind of remember it was supposed to synergy with a much earlier opening of Pandora. Both pushed back considerably and nowhere near in synergy.

The fact that live action hasn’t been done is pretty crazy, but they did make casting announcements for Avatar 2 recently so I guess that makes sense now.

Basically looks like Disney wants to own December, alternating between Star Wars and Avatar. Problem is, I’m not sure exactly how much audiences are gonna care about a Star Wars fan fiction trilogy or Avatar sequels. I think Avatar 2 will do well, but after that, if the movies aren’t good, they could be in a world of hurt.

Placing bets now that after Avatar 2 the rest are a miniseries on Disney+
I think they’ll at least finish out the trilogy, since, ya know, they’ll have made the movie. Gotta recoup the investment in whatever way possible.

The fact that live action hasn’t been done is pretty crazy, but they did make casting announcements for Avatar 2 recently so I guess that makes sense now.

Basically looks like Disney wants to own December, alternating between Star Wars and Avatar. Problem is, I’m not sure exactly how much audiences are gonna care about a Star Wars fan fiction trilogy or Avatar sequels. I think Avatar 2 will do well, but after that, if the movies aren’t good, they could be in a world of hurt.

What makes you think Star Wars will be fab fiction? And I think people will care either way.

What makes you think Star Wars will be fab fiction? And I think people will care either way.
I was being facetious mostly about the fan fiction thing, but it won’t have the nostalgia built into it that the Skywalker saga has.

I think the Rian Johnson trilogy could be interesting though. I’d be more worried about Avatar if I was Disney, certainly.

Of course the key phrase there was "last day of filming in 2019". The account clarified in the replies that they will be back in New Zealand in 2020 for more filming.

Last edited:
If it were a game and these were new levels you could unlock, sure. But this..