Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Stunning. Wow.

Lets say one doesn't want to go to WDWM, what's the Reader's Digest of it?

These are a few things I’ve read over there. Ymmv on whether certain things are good or bad re: the queue and points system

Good:

Pilot, Gunner, and Engineer are all fun and engaging
The Falcon looks amazing
Queue is detailed but not interactive
Line moves very fast w/o fastpass
Ride ignores empty seats
Exit hallway feels seamless

Neutral/Bad:

Less physically thrilling than Star Tours, but more exciting (idk, it’s how they put it)
Only one Hondo leading to two interior corridors
Visible on-ride points system
Engineer seats don’t have great sightlines when not doing their tasks

Whoa, that's looking real good. I also appreciate how wide the pathways are, too. Since I've got a good feeling they'll be needed.

Big miss then. That's one of the reasons Pandora fall short of Diagon, since it's entertainment & streetsmosphere is sparse & lackluster.

Agreed, it's why I feel this land will be a "game changer" for Disney...but not exactly all of theme parks. Diagon Alley really set the bar, and a couple things which helped that is both the shows, and the interactive wands. Both of which help bring the whole land to life not only through the actors, but the guests themselves. I think the play app will be a nice addition for G.E., but that's more of a personal thing and not something that's going to make the land pop.

As for news of Smuggler's Run, I'm glad to hear the Engineer role is fun. Since I feel that's a role that's going to make or break the attraction. We all know everyone wants to be the pilot or gunner, but we're not all gonna' land that every time. If the Engineer is a fun role to do, I think they've got something here and I'm more optimistic about this ride.

You could literally say this about every theme park attraction. If you have a fear of germs bring hand sanitizer or wear a glove.

Don’t get smart.
2419698583402d271005106f2b91ed23.jpg

Here’s what bshah365 had to say about Smugglers Run on the WDWM Galaxy’s Edge @ DL thread:

Gee what happened to those panels that were to disappear on the roof giving the back row a great view? Oh, they don't exist, or don't help. Big surprise. SOmeone said the third row was going to be horrendous. Even the PR pic has the people in it lurching around the seats in front of them.

These are a few things I’ve read over there. Ymmv on whether certain things are good or bad re: the queue and points system

Good:

Pilot, Gunner, and Engineer are all fun and engaging
The Falcon looks amazing
Queue is detailed but not interactive
Line moves very fast w/o fastpass
Ride ignores empty seats
Exit hallway feels seamless

Neutral/Bad:

Less physically thrilling than Star Tours, but more exciting (idk, it’s how they put it)
Only one Hondo leading to two interior corridors
Visible on-ride points system
Engineer seats don’t have great sightlines when not doing their tasks

I can't believe there is a HUD. Surely they'll get rid of that. I mean, spend millions of extra dollars to totally immerse folks, to convince them it's THE Falcon, then put a HUD on the screen? WOW!

So, rumors that I knew were stupidly wrong:

Panels on the top will move away and make the view much better. Does anyone even mention these?
You'll be in the Falcon before the ride with ONLY your small group.
It will have tons of motion, more-so than Star Tours
Screen is not bright enough. BUt, it has like 8 super awesome MegaHD projectors?

And remember, these CMs probably are waiting 30 minutes tops, maybe practically no minutes. So they will be MUCH easier to impress. Plus there are probably plants spreading positive reviews.

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Last edited:
I can’t wait to have an ESL person as the engineer while some 70 year old is piloting the plane with me and a couple 6 year olds are rockin the gunner positions.

Hondo is gonna hate us.

This pic from bioreconstruct is just beautiful and it's probably the thing i'm most jealous of Disneyland having over DHS. Somehow, they made SWGE feel like it belonged in Disneyland more than DHS and made it totally secluded. Everything blends so well together. Out here in Orlando, we can see the damn land from a coaster.

D6AKG2mUYAEBNTi.jpg:large

I imagine the point score ($3000) will be located along where the buttons and toggles are, not as a HUD.

Last edited:
In the aerial photo are those barricades around the falcon permanent? I thought you’d be able to walk underneath the Falcon.

In the aerial photo are those barricades around the falcon permanent? I thought you’d be able to walk underneath the Falcon.
Def permanent. I imagine that was all marketing talk or the plan was altered by legal. However, there’ll be a clear view of the Falcon on the raised walkway to the left of the Smugglers Run entrance, in front of Docking Bay 7. Gonna be longgggg lines for that shot.

This pic from bioreconstruct is just beautiful and it's probably the thing i'm most jealous of Disneyland having over DHS. Somehow, they made SWGE feel like it belonged in Disneyland more than DHS and made it totally secluded. Everything blends so well together. Out here in Orlando, we can see the damn land from a coaster.

D6AKG2mUYAEBNTi.jpg:large

Agreed! This land was certainly designed for Disneyland first.

Yeah I was disappointed too, I guess my expectations were id be able to walk all around it and underneath it.

I mean it makes sense. I’m sure they don’t want a million hands touching it every day. Just again reminds me I’m in a theme park with limitations and not in a completely interactive environment

You can practically see the back of Star Wars land from Osceola parkway. Can you see it from the road in CA?

I can't believe there is a HUD. Surely they'll get rid of that. I mean, spend millions of extra dollars to totally immerse folks, to convince them it's THE Falcon, then put a HUD on the screen? WOW!

I can’t speak to how well it’s integrated, but the presence of a HUD itself doesn’t bother me on its own. They’ve gotta give us some help, and it’s either in a pre-show that no one’s gonna pay attention to or on the ride itself. I would just prefer that it were a little less specific than a points system.

Yeah I was disappointed too, I guess my expectations were id be able to walk all around it and underneath it.

I mean it makes sense. I’m sure they don’t want a million hands touching it every day. Just again reminds me I’m in a theme park with limitations and not in a completely interactive environment

To be fair, though, if this were a *real* environment, you wouldn’t be able to get up close and touch them anyways. Everything on the planet is either somebody’s car or belongs to the military, so taking pictures with and touching them would be a no go.

Theme Park Insider just put up an in depth story on how the queue system will work to get in GESWL once it's open to the general public. They'll be using a virtual queue when the land is filled....Sounds like something DHS will probably also use....

Last edited: