Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Mike's defense he has said he's super excited about the ride before, some of ya'll just come down hard on him because he's got questions and concerns. A lot of them are good valid questions and I appreciate some of you (like Alicia) who always respond with info or good contrary opinion. That's how it should be.

Moving along, the stained glass entrance is a nice homage to Dueling Dragons.

I thought my likes on all the updates and other people’s praise are enough. I’m not on here all the time and when I am I don’t always post unless there’s something different I can add from what others are already saying.

Or if I’m drawn into something.

Well what I was talking about were the planters around Fluffy which still seem a bit off. The concrete looks better even if I was hoping for some kind of dirt or mulch color.

Mike, I remember your posts on kong, nothing negative there. I understand your concerns and read your posts with that understanding of your style. Not bad imo, lots of other posters are worse

Mike, I remember your posts on kong, nothing negative there. I understand your concerns and read your posts with that understanding of your style. Not bad imo, lots of other posters are worse
Nothing I can recall really came up about Kong since it’s mostly inside. I do remember some things I said would’ve been better after riding it concerning the story and pacing but that’s about it. Would take a lot of digging to find that one.

I'm guessing Dueling Dragons had stained glass somewhere? Forgive my youth, I only remember it as Dragon Challenge...

Stained glass foyer that played a video explaining the story of the ride.

Dueling-Dragons-windows-Islands-of-Adventure.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DD queue was something truly special. Side note, with DD being a very similar concept originally intended for Beastly kingdom and now Hagrid's has us looking for a unicorn this plot of land is basically a tribute to the abandon concepts for BK.

Merlin’s Wood and Beastley Kingdome are not connected in any way.

I thought some Disney people went to Universal and adapted the Dragon Tower coaster into Dueling Dragons and the Unicorn maze somehow became Flight of the Unicorn?

I've been hearing that for years but the timelines don't match up.

IIRC, the reason the Disney people left is that when Animal Kingdom was being built, a land had to be dropped and Michael Eisner decided to drop Beastly Kingdom with the intention of adding it to the park later. The Beastly Kingdom team are the ones who left and I'm not sure when they did but by the time Beastly Kingdom was dropped, IOA had already started construction and The Lost Continent was already a lock in.

You know- in analyzing that pic more, I wouldn't be completely shocked to see them block the lettering in glass (possibly even stained glass).
The next step will be filling in the gaps on the roofline as well as lines where the pre-molded portions were installed. - Gaps and Molding Complete
Then painting prior to the cutting of the thin hardyboard - Painting Complete
Then it's a matter of filling in the lettering with something transparent since it will be backlit.

There is still some demo'd gap between the new molding/edging they just put on.

They're either overlooking it, which means they'd need to fill and then repaint; or they're going to go over it with a faux stone facade. I know @Alicia was thinking they may do flagstone, similar to that on the left of this picture.

I still don't know if that flagstone look will work. I'm guessing they'll do the same type of stone that is on the Abbey.

The other option would be that when they put the pre-molded section back up and fill in the gaps there, they will also fill in the gaps on the edging and hand-paint at that point. That seems less likely though.

Last edited:
I thought some Disney people went to Universal and adapted the Dragon Tower coaster into Dueling Dragons and the Unicorn maze somehow became Flight of the Unicorn?
This was my understanding of the story. Then again this might be one of those story’s like the Michale Eisner Paramount Meeting. I’m just happy that we are getting a unicorn AA

There is still some demo'd gap between the new molding/edging they just put on.

They're either overlooking it, which means they'd need to fill and then repaint; or they're going to go over it with a faux stone facade. I know @Alicia was thinking they may do flagstone, similar to that on the left of this picture.

I still don't know if that flagstone look will work. I'm guessing they'll do the same type of stone that is on the Abbey.

The other option would be that when they put the pre-molded section back up and fill in the gaps there, they will also fill in the gaps on the edging and hand-paint at that point. That seems less likely though.
Different stone style, but I was told similar browns and natural tones. Could’ve changed though. Hoping the triangle is bronze personally.

The picture of the DD stained glass screens brought back feelings I wasn't ready for. Miss those coasters and that queue immensely. :'(

Sadness aside, we're in the home stretch! Can't believe we're so close to riding it. Fun times, gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.