Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 608 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting really excited to see the que on opening day. I am also gonna be one of the people looking for all the Cornish Pixies too. What is it like 20 of them to find? From start to almost to the final home stretch this project was an absolute Magical Creature itself.
Yeah. This is going to be Universal Creative's savior after a somewhat recent lackluster period.

I've been hearing that for years but the timelines don't match up.

IIRC, the reason the Disney people left is that when Animal Kingdom was being built, a land had to be dropped and Michael Eisner decided to drop Beastly Kingdom with the intention of adding it to the park later. The Beastly Kingdom team are the ones who left and I'm not sure when they did but by the time Beastly Kingdom was dropped, IOA had already started construction and The Lost Continent was already a lock in.
If it’s true it must’ve been dropped before construction began and things were locked in but BK was already off which would make sense and could potentially fit. Maybe somewhere around 95? Idk.
Sorry to bring back the path debate and I know I've been vocal about it but looking at this angle:

D598pp6W0AEeICT.jpg:large

Image from Bio.

You can't really see any pathways.
I could barely find Fluffy at first but I got him. And a sliver of path lol.

This was my understanding of the story. Then again this might be one of those story’s like the Michale Eisner Paramount Meeting. I’m just happy that we are getting a unicorn AA

Not to take this more off rails but that story has a little more water than Disney fans assuming that anything good Universal does must be stolen from Disney in some aspect. I'd like to point to the group of Disney fans who think the Hogsmeade plans were stolen by Dynamic Attractions and brought to UC? Yeah. Plus concepts for Beastley Kingdomme were around and presented to DAK/TDO up until around 2008.

Not to take this more off rails but that story has a little more water than Disney fans assuming that anything good Universal does must be stolen from Disney in some aspect. I'd like to point to the group of Disney fans who think the Hogsmeade plans were stolen by Dynamic Attractions and brought to UC? Yeah. Plus concepts for Beastley Kingdomme were around and presented to DAK/TDO up until around 2008.
To me it sounded believable because it was never painted as “Universal stole it.” It was more like the workers who really wanted to build it adapted it and kind of payed homage when they went to Universal.

So this ride has to be the single largest attraction by footprint on Universal property right?

Also I was never a fan of why Hogsmead had to be snowy and winterized, to me it just never felt right in Florida. Now it looks even more weird from above with the lush dark forest next to it.

So this ride has to be the single largest attraction by footprint on Universal property right?

Also I was never a fan of why Hogsmead had to be snowy and winterized, to me it just never felt right in Florida. Now it looks even more weird from above with the lush dark forest next to it.

I like the snow and it's in keeping with the theme.

Animal Kingdom has a massive snow covered mountain and that works despite being in Florida. Blizzard Beach too!

Where I agree is that it feels more weird with the lush forest next to it.

I like the snow and it's in keeping with the theme.

Animal Kingdom has a massive snow covered mountain and that works despite being in Florida. Blizzard Beach too!

Where I agree is that it feels more weird with the lush forest next to it.
No matter where a mountain is if it’s tall enough it’ll have snow on top. Also that’s supposed to be a village in Nepal and even then there’s no snow in the village.

Blizzard Beach’s story is that a freak Blizzard hit Florida. The ice gator guy made a ski resort and now that the snow is melting it’s a water park.

Hogsmeade does seem weird with the constant snow only in the village but it does look nice even if it’s not at all realistic.

traditionally in the movie hogsmeade is shown in winter, if you can make the conceit that you’re walking into a magical village in Scotland, you can make the conceit that it’s winter time.

It’s a film adaptation, the designers determined that Hogsmeade is above the snow line and always covered in snow. Since the film people worked on the land thus the village is always covered in snow. Rumor has it there were snow machines planned for use in the land but the soap and cobblestone caused slip hazards.

It’s a film adaptation, the designers determined that Hogsmeade is above the snow line and always covered in snow. Since the film people worked on the land thus the village is always covered in snow. Rumor has it there were snow machines planned for use in the land but the soap and cobblestone caused slip hazards.

I didn’t know that, makes even more sense now then. Definitely not a legitimate complaint.

Reactions: Mike S
What makes it work for me is the framing when coming in from LC/soon to be Hyrule. The snow makes Hogwarts pop.
I never bought the snow line bit because Hogwarts would be covered too. And snow would be on the floor. And on the trees in the new ride.

I just go with it looks nicer as an aesthetic lol.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
I never bought the snow line bit because Hogwarts would be covered too. And snow would be on the floor. And on the trees in the new ride.

I just go with it looks nicer as an aesthetic lol.

Because they're not actually next to each other in the films? I mean I don't know what to tell you besides the people designing the area (UC, WB, etc) all design to the movies: Hogsmeade is in perpetual snow and Hogwarts isn't.

Strange question: will squirrels and other critters take residence in this 'forest'?

Is this something theme parks actively try to avoid for safety reasons? And if they do have to take active measures, what do they do? I know about spikes and decoy owls to keep seagulls away, but are there more advanced techniques used by the parks to keep unwanted animals away?

Because they're not actually next to each other in the films? I mean I don't know what to tell you besides the people designing the area (UC, WB, etc) all design to the movies: Hogsmeade is in perpetual snow and Hogwarts isn't.
I like how it looks in the park but even in the movies they had to go “down” to Hogsmeade from Hogwarts. If Hogsmeade is in perpetual snow because it’s above the snow line, why isn’t Hogwarts? I really think it’s as simple as they just happen to only go there when it’s winter.

Strange question: will squirrels and other critters take residence in this 'forest'?

Is this something theme parks actively try to avoid for safety reasons? And if they do have to take active measures, what do they do? I know about spikes and decoy owls to keep seagulls away, but are there more advanced techniques used by the parks to keep unwanted animals away?
Maybe Wolfmen. ;):lol:.....Actually, that's an interesting question. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.