Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I agree my experience is probably not typical! I don't know how I avoided it for so long. I actually thought I had seen it before, but when I watched it last year I realized I never did. I think the movie I saw must have been Ghostbusters II, but I think that was only one time in the early 90s. I do know it was pretty big at the time though I remember the cartoon, the song, and slimer being on my HiC Juice boxes.

I was a kid in the 90’s but also hadn’t seen Ghostbusters until a few years ago. I didn’t even know they turned it into a cartoon. So while I appreciate how iconic it is, the nostalgia factor is lost on me. But I did know the song!

N8Uxwp9.gif

I saw Ghostbusters for the first time last year and I wasn't particularly smitten with it. I know lots of folks around my age are huge fans, but I think this is the kind of movie you have to experience during the 80s or 90s. Watching now for the first time was a pretty lackluster experience. I still think it would be a fun house... but I could be biased, but I can't fathom this would have half the pull of Stranger Things.

If it makes you feel any better, I am 32 and first saw GB when I was about 11 years old. It's a good film, but I don't consider it great by any means. I never found it particularly funny, and the only character I liked was Dan Aykroyd's. That said the cartoon was awesome, and I do think the film will translate well to HHN.

Confession time. A video of Ghostbusters spooktacular show is what introduced to me to the Ghostbusters movies as a kid. Almost all of the Universal attractions introduced me to some movies like Terminator, Twister, Men In Black, and Jurassic Park

Universal Monsters, Ghostbusters, Stranger Things: Something crazy popular for every generation. If you thought last year was busy, brace yourselves. Probably going to surrender to express for the first time ever this year.

Have to agree with Robert on this one.

For some perspective in the mid 80s Ghostbusters was massive not unlike Stranger Things is now. It was the highest grossing film in 1984. If you walked into a classroom at Halloween in the mid 80s there were more Peter Venkman’s etc than any other property. It’s soundtrack was (and for many of us still is) instantly recognizable and played virtually everywhere.

It’s cast was a who’s who of 80s film featuring Aykroyd, Murray and Sigourney Weaver.

Ok, I know too much about Ghostbusters ... but I am simply agreeing with Robert. This is going to be huge. It will draw a massive segment of Boomers who have lots of money to spend. Crowds are going to be massive this year ... and i can’t wait!

I’m getting express this year. I have less days than last year because of school and I don’t think I’ll have a choice but to get express and stay and scream

I’m getting express this year. I have less days than last year because of school and I don’t think I’ll have a choice but to get express and stay and scream

S&S is additional? I thought if you had a ticket you could just stay in one of the holding areas. Did that change recently?

Not sure if anyone here does the Scareactor Dinner, but I’m curious what IP characters will be in attendance. I think the two obvious ones would be a Ghostbuster and a classic monster. I’d like to see Captain Spaulding...but seeing as he swears A LOT I think he might be a reach. Any thoughts?

Not sure if anyone here does the Scareactor Dinner, but I’m curious what IP characters will be in attendance. I think the two obvious ones would be a Ghostbuster and a classic monster. I’d like to see Captain Spaulding...but seeing as he swears A LOT I think he might be a reach. Any thoughts?

No idea who they might use, but it would be worth using Captain Spaulding solely for him to comment on your choice of ice cream flavour...

Haha Id love to see Ray at the diner just walking around with a PKE meter with his goggles on. Captain Spaulding would be funny too.
For a monster, why not the main 3, Dracula, Frankenstien and the Wolf man?

Maybe Tiny from Corpses, he doesn’t really talk. If I had to bet:

- Steve Harrington in Tunnel Mask
- Ghostbuster
- Baby or Tiny
- Klown(s)
- Monsters
- Tooth Fairy & Henchmen
- Sea Creature
- Nightingale
- Zombie

Edit - Forgot the Yeti

Last edited:
Id love to see some of the characters interact each other. I wonder what they'll say each other? Any dialogue ideas?
Captain Spaulding meets The Klowns
Ghostbusters meet The Monsters
Anything else?

Maybe Tiny from Corpses, he doesn’t really talk. If I had to bet:

- Steve Harrington in Tunnel Mask
- Ghostbuster
- Baby or Tiny
- Klown(s)
- Monsters
- Tooth Fairy & Henchmen
- Sea Creature
- Nightingale
- Zombie
baby fits because she is very similar to chance in 26's dining event.
Id love to see some of the characters interact each other. I wonder what they'll say each other? Any dialogue ideas?
Captain Spaulding meets The Klowns
Ghostbusters meet The Monsters
Anything else?
wolfman - yeti
dracula - nightingale
frankenstein - zombie
stranger things kid - ghostbusters

Do they normally have IP characters in character dining? A UCM would make sense, but I feel like it would be difficult to get the rights to have an interactive IP character in a dining environment? I would love to see a Stranger Things character, but I feel like that would be unlikely to happen...

baby fits because she is very similar to chance in 26's dining event.

wolfman - yeti
dracula - nightingale
frankenstein - zombie
stranger things kid - ghostbusters
I can imagine what would happen if the Stranger Things kids meet The Ghostbusters. They'd probably be fanboying everywhere. Now what if they met Captain Spaulding? That would be hilarious.

Do they normally have IP characters in character dining? A UCM would make sense, but I feel like it would be difficult to get the rights to have an interactive IP character in a dining environment? I would love to see a Stranger Things character, but I feel like that would be unlikely to happen...
They have in the past. I believe for the past couple of years they’ve included the Purge characters and Sam.

I went to a character dining last year. They had Sam from Trick R Treat, The witch from Scary Tales, a vampire from the 80s scarezone, a woman from the purge and an evil doctor that was just for that event.

There were no characters from Poltergeist, Halloween or Stranger Things. I love trick r treat, so I was happy to get a pick with Sam, but I could see how others could have been disappointed.

The witch did have some cool interactions with Sam though. And the food was pretty good for buffet. I would probably do it again.

Last edited:
I've mentioned this on Nightmares before, but I don't think I have here. You were all talking a few pages back about shows. I've said FOREVER that my dream would be a special HHN only version of the Horror Make-up Show. It astounds me that it isn't already a thing at HHN. I mean it is "HORROR" Make-up Show! Further, they could customize the part where they show clips to include whatever that year's IPs are, they could make it more PG with the humor.. oh, it would be so awesome. I realize it's a small theater.. but come on! They have good writers. I'm sure they would have a lot of fun writing a different show each year and still including some kind of FX education/history.