Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Have to agree with Robert on this one.

For some perspective in the mid 80s Ghostbusters was massive not unlike Stranger Things is now. It was the highest grossing film in 1984. If you walked into a classroom at Halloween in the mid 80s there were more Peter Venkman’s etc than any other property. It’s soundtrack was (and for many of us still is) instantly recognizable and played virtually everywhere.

It’s cast was a who’s who of 80s film featuring Aykroyd, Murray and Sigourney Weaver.

Ok, I know too much about Ghostbusters ... but I am simply agreeing with Robert. This is going to be huge. It will draw a massive segment of Boomers who have lots of money to spend. Crowds are going to be massive this year ... and i can’t wait!

All very, very true.. As a GenXer myself, I can attest to this. I was 17 in 1984 when this came out, and I probably saw it six times in the theater. It was a BIG deal. It is one of my fondest childhood movie memories. I really, really hope this is coming. Also, you nailed it... it will draw a massive segment of those with money to spend. I'd say GenX more than Boomers.. but probably a combo platter.

They have in the past. I believe for the past couple of years they’ve included the Purge characters and Sam.
Makes sense! I don’t believe Sam would have talked, and I don’t know if the Purge characters talked, but where I can see issues with the rights and IP characters like I mentioned with the “face characters”, especially ones that they work so hard to find lookalikes for. (I.e. the ST kids and Joyce and Steve and hopper and etc.) I think they’d be more inclined to use IP characters in dining if they didn’t speak?

All very, very true.. As a GenXer myself, I can attest to this. I was 17 in 1984 when this came out, and I probably saw it six times in the theater. It was a BIG deal. It is one of my fondest childhood movie memories. I really, really hope this is coming. Also, you nailed it... it will draw a massive segment of those with money to spend. I'd say GenX more than Boomers.. but probably a combo platter.

Random, but a good generational guide would be--roughly:

Second term of Harding/Coolidge through Roosevelt: Silent Generation

Truman through first term of Kennedy/Johnson: Baby Boomers

Second term of Kennedy/Johnson through Carter: Gen X

Reagan through first term of Clinton: Gen Y (sorry, I refuse to use Millennial, I just hate the term so goddamn much)

Second term of Clinton through first term of Obama: Gen Z

Last edited:
I will be 21 by the time hhn comes around this year but I remember when I was like 5 or 6 I was absolute ghostbusters crazy! Me and my friends at school would be blasting ghostbusters all over the playground (almost got suspended because they thought we were playing guns) I had all kinds of action figures from the animated show and the thought of HHN getting a ghostbusters house is incredibly exciting and a dream come true! It’s not the perfect movie but it’s fun movie and I think that’s why everybody loves it!

I was listening to the Park Stop Podcast, and they brought up Hellraiser as a potential Scare Zone. That might be interesting and could be the next trick r treatment if so.

Hellraiser has had plots in later films about “Hell On Earth”. Would be a little odd to me personally, but hey, what works potentially works.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but was Hellraiser ever really a rumor or was it just sorta common conjecture of “Yeah, that seems like a thing they would do”? I always thought the latter.

It was an early game pre "actual confirmation" rumor.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but was Hellraiser ever really a rumor or was it just sorta common conjecture of “Yeah, that seems like a thing they would do”? I always thought the latter.
Well @Legacy post a clue about it and he said he has to be like 80% sure its coming before he post the clue.