Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

Smuggler’s Run sounds fun and about exactly what I was hoping/expecting. Not sure what others were but I’m surprised by the amount of disappointment from those gathering info from the reports.

Smuggler’s Run sounds fun and about exactly what I was hoping/expecting. Not sure what others were but I’m surprised by the amount of disappointment from those gathering info from the reports.

I think some people’s expectations are so sky high that unless they somehow become Han and ride with Chewie, they were always going to be disappointed.

I think some people’s expectations are so sky high that unless they somehow become Han and ride with Chewie, they were always going to be disappointed.
Here’s my issue from what little I’ve read so far:

If you’re not the pilot, or if your pilot isn’t good, you’re gonna have a bad time. The back 2 positions don’t get a good view, and are too busy to really enjoy themselves

I think the SWGE hype has gotten so intense nothing can live up to expectations. We have people thinking you won’t be able to access the land for years and parents will sacrifice their kids for a new coke bottle.

I think the SWGE hype has gotten so intense nothing can live up to expectations. We have people thinking you won’t be able to access the land for years and parents will sacrifice their kids for a new coke bottle.

I mean. It looks absolutely amazing, hyper realized and I can’t wait. But it’s still a land in an expensive theme park... just as is Hogsmeade or Diagon. People need to remember that whatever high expectations you create can never truly be matched, doesn’t mean any of these lands aren’t absolutely amazing.

I’m really holding out for RotR... now that’s the ride that’s going to blow people away I think.

Is there/will there eventually be a single rider queue for Smuggler's Run? I wonder how they'll incorporate that with roles. Selfishly, I hope it's not always backfilling Engineer positions for families of 4/5.

As before, I expect ROR to be the superior ride of the two. Falcon seems that it could have good experiences, or so so experiences, depending on the seating and the makeup of your crew.

Here’s my issue from what little I’ve read so far:

If you’re not the pilot, or if your pilot isn’t good, you’re gonna have a bad time. The back 2 positions don’t get a good view, and are too busy to really enjoy themselves

And the odds you'll ride with your companion are very small. 20% to start. Then you MAY be able to swap cards. But no one is swapping a pilot card. And no one would swap FOR an engineer card (too bad son, dad has the Han seat, have fun back there).

I saw this issue coming months ago, and see no easy way out. What they are doing is the best way, really. Pure luck. But CMs who can just ride again, don't really care. Someone who know this is the ONE chance to ride in perhaps years is going to be FURIOUS if they get stuck in the back.

Is there/will there eventually be a single rider queue for Smuggler's Run? I wonder how they'll incorporate that with roles. Selfishly, I hope it's not always backfilling Engineer positions for families of 4/5.

I think they've said there will be one from the beginning. I'm sure they will want EVERY seat filled. And seats are completely random, so I really think single rider is the way to go. You will most likely not ride next to a family member, if you have just one with you, so might as well skip the wait. Although once folks realize this, single rider will be clogged up.

I think the hype is over inflated. People are excited about it but I don't think it's going to be as crazy as expected, especially with the way the opening is being planned.

My concern with the seats at the back is that if my wife is there, she's not the tallest and will struggle to see anything but then again, she probably doesn't want to be at the front and risk doing a crappy job of piloting it.

What I can make out, when the tickets are handed out, the TMs don't know what they're handing out as the seating position is face down. I also wonder if this means that groups of two can be split up and not sitting across or behind each other.

My other concern is that I'm sure my opinion of Smuggler's Run will be effected if RotM is also open. I'm still holding back on going to DL in September if both rides aren't open by then.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the land itself way more than Smugglers Run. That's more the key for me, at least. ROR, though, should be the icing on the cake. ROR looks like it's really something special.

Looks like Bio has provided touringplans blog with some exclusive pics of the Disneyland resort.

Galaxy's Edge looks amazing - what would we do without Bio?!?

Last edited:
I get to go to CM previews on the 21st, but unfortunately we aren't allowed to take pictures. A few of my friends are opening day crew and have placed bets that I'll cry when I walk in there. So maybe it's better that nobody can snap pics. :look:

I go through phases with this land almost daily. From being overly excited to not all that bothered about it and then I see how it looks in the land...

I'm mostly looking forward to the land itself. While ROR seems like it will be excellent, I'm real unsure on whether I'll care much for the interactivity crew for the Falcon. The land seems pretty damn great.