Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hogwarts is in the Loch and Hogsmeade in the mountains.

From Pottermore:
So the movie got it wrong? I distinctly remember them going down and when in Hogsmeade the views of the castle were of it above the town overlooking it, not below.
It's not like Deer are going to populate it. So you're just talking about small animals like Rabbits, Squirrels, Cats and at worst, Raccoon.

They're fine in there. If, by some fluke chance, they're on the coaster track when the coaster is going over it, they'll simply get flattened and know one will no any different.

The only issue on a roller coaster is a bird. Just ask Fabio.

56fbdf77c6a37.image.jpg
Lol

So the movie got it wrong? I distinctly remember them going down and when in Hogsmeade the views of the castle were of it above the town overlooking it, not below.

Gotta give a bit of suspension of disbelief here. :lol:

One of the most puzzling mysteries of Hogsmeade is that it is always snowy in the village, despite being just a short walk away from Hogwarts, which clearly experiences all four seasons in both the films and in the books.

In most of the films, Harry, Ron, and Hermione’s visits to Hogsmeade usually occurred in the wintertime, which explains why there would be snow in the village. However, during the Deathly Hallows Part II, fans aptly noticed that despite it being springtime and there being no snow at Hogwarts, Hogsmeade remained snowy during their visit there.

According to the filmmakers, Hogsmeade is above the snow line. This means that there is snow in the area 365 days of the year, despite it being so close to Hogwarts. This is not a feature in the books, although it’s hard to deny how picturesque Hogsmeade is with snowy rooftops.

It's not like Deer are going to populate it. So you're just talking about small animals like Rabbits, Squirrels, Cats and at worst, Raccoon.

They're fine in there. If, by some fluke chance, they're on the coaster track when the coaster is going over it, they'll simply get flattened and know one will no any different.

56fbdf77c6a37.image.jpg

IDK, a raccoon getting squished into the coaster wheels, could cause issues.

56fbdf77c6a37.image.jpg
And that is why you need to empty your pockets.
A goose can always drop out of it and hurt a guest.

Gotta give a bit of suspension of disbelief here. :lol:
Sounds like someone on the production team made a mistake and is trying to cover their butt to me :lol:

I love finding these kind of small things in movies btw. They are right about the snowy roofs though. It would probably look a bit drab without them. All that dark colored wood.

The app/new brochure maps are... so disappointing to me. This ride really just looks pretty ridiculous. I’m a huge fan of hand drafted cartography, so when I see all these new maps, it just hurts. I liked the maps we had before they went all “digital” — when can Universal actually just commission some illustrators to get really well-designed and intricate maps? i.e., When will Universal commission ME to make them new maps? Sigh.

The app/new brochure maps are... so disappointing to me. This ride really just looks pretty ridiculous. I’m a huge fan of hand drafted cartography, so when I see all these new maps, it just hurts. I liked the maps we had before they went all “digital” — when can Universal actually just commission some illustrators to get really well-designed and intricate maps? i.e., When will Universal commission ME to make them new maps? Sigh.
Do it. I'm sure if you posted it on here someone would see it.

The grand opening of Apollo's Chariot at BG Williamsburg. A goose flew into Fabio's face on the first drop and broke his nose.[/QU
Totally agree with you there!

It's probably the same person who made the concept art for this ride and had a "Photoshop for dummies" book to get started. You are right, it looks bad, prove them wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.