Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Love the second park shrouded in darkness off to the left. Hype!!! :)
It'll really be immersive when the thick industrial Smog rolls in and you can't see the person in front of you, let alone any buildings or landscaping. . ;):lol:
Ah, maybe just the smog covering park #2 then. ;)

This arguably will be the most picturesque Universal park with all the landscaping and waterways they are adding to make it seem isolated and an oasis in the middle of the city.
^ You mean just like the one here in Orlando.
It does look more isolated/picturesque than Orlando... Same idea but just even further advancing it. But this is just a model, we'll see what it looks like when built.

Love the second park shrouded in darkness off to the left. Hype!!! :)

Ah, maybe just the smog covering park #2 then. ;)

It does look more isolated/picturesque than Orlando... Same idea but just even further advancing it. But this is just a model, we'll see what it looks like when built.
That darkness is just normal everyday Noon Smog.................................Just kidding. ;):lol:

Reactions: RFRees
From Guohua, we have some pictures of the model for the park.

Looks amazing, love a park model!

Can't spot much that wasn't in the previous park layouts, but confirms the 'mountains' next to the JW dome as seen in previous artwork and it looks like Beijing will get a version of the USH Universal Box Office for their city walk (in the artwork above the model)

It'll really be immersive when the thick industrial Smog rolls in and you can't see the person in front of you, let alone any buildings or landscaping. . ;):lol:

Will save money for the dark arts at hogwarts show - no need for smoke machines or death eaters ;)

Reactions: Mad Dog

The pollution in Beijing isn't really industrial based smog but more so yellow dust, vehicle fumes and usage of everyday products. That's the PPM 2.5 that actually gets people sick. PPM2.5 are the pollutiants small enough to get into your lungs whereas PPM10 is what causes more so just a burn in your throat and significantly less problematic. Industry based pollution tends to be PPM10 vs PPM2.5 which is more dust/spray can based.

As for the smog, its a seasonal thing. As someone who has experienced it, I prefer that smog way more as its my daily reminder to grab my face mask for protection than having to make sure I check online the pollution levels before I go out on a non hazy/smoggy day with pollution high and end up sick as heck because things looked normal.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The pollution in Beijing isn't really industrial based smog but more so yellow dust, vehicle fumes and usage of everyday products. That's the PPM 2.5 that actually gets people sick. PPM2.5 are the pollutiants small enough to get into your lungs whereas PPM10 is what causes more so just a burn in your throat and significantly less problematic. Industry based pollution tends to be PPM10 vs PPM2.5 which is more dust/spray can based.

As for the smog, its a seasonal thing. As someone who has experienced it, I prefer that smog way more as its my daily reminder to grab my face mask for protection than having to make sure I check online the pollution levels before I go out on a non hazy/smoggy day with pollution high and end up sick as heck because things looked normal.
Sounds like a place I wouldn't want to live.....Downtown Pittsburgh was similar up until the late 1940's/early 1950's when they finally cleared the air up. High noon, in old Pittsburgh photos, is often as dark as twilight. Our parents told us cars always had a film of dust on them, even after washing. White shirts got gritty yellow by the end of the day. And cancer death rates at all ages were among the highest in the nation.

Last edited:
Our first artwork showing Kung Fu Panda indoor land (from Themeparkx)

Doesn't give too much away (or look amazing from that angle IMO)
upload_2019-5-2_21-2-16.png

Reactions: Magic-Man
It seems as if, the ride path of Kung Fu Panda, could theoretically go within the area, almost similar to the canals of TDS.

Curious to see if that's actually the case.

It seems as if, the ride path of Kung Fu Panda, could theoretically go within the area, almost similar to the canals of TDS.

Curious to see if that's actually the case.

Yeah that would be nice, has the potential to be amazing if done right.

I suspect though, that it will just be a river as most of the ride takes place in another area behind the wall at the top of the artwork.

Using the above image of Kung Fu Panda + earlier pics of the whole shopping/theme park area, I'm wondering if they could potentially connect the river for park to park transportation for park hoppers (if / when a second park is built). I may be mistaken but it seems they're planning the river to wind throughout the park, through the shopping area, and over to the shrouded park 2.

This could be similar to Orlando, which has the HP train. Orlando does not have a park connecting river, as the river only connects hotels to City Walk and not the parks.

It appears based on statements by Tom Mehrmann, GM and President of USB, Universal is having to work on a new process of greenlighting IPs and expansions faster and at a rapid speed which means they may already be looking at expansions to start even before the park opens. Additionally, he highlighted the only way for this park to succeed was to be culturally relevant to the local populace so this park may turn out in a way that no one quite expects in the final product.

Additionally, Nintendo Investor Q&A seem to put a squash on Nintendo coming to Beijing in the near future.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
It appears based on statements by Tom Mehrmann, GM and President of USB, Universal is having to work on a new process of greenlighting IPs and expansions faster and at a rapid speed which means they may already be looking at expansions to start even before the park opens. Additionally, he highlighted the only way for this park to succeed was to be culturally relevant to the local populace so this park may turn out in a way that no one quite expects in the final product.

Additionally, Nintendo Investor Q&A seem to put a squash on Nintendo coming to Beijing in the near future.

Interesting.

I wonder what other IP's they could use if not Nintendo?

Makes sense... Americans might think it's obvious to bring Nintendo to China since they're both "Asian", but China and Japan have a long standing rivalry (hatred?) for each other.

Makes sense... Americans might think it's obvious to bring Nintendo to China since they're both "Asian", but China and Japan have a long standing rivalry (hatred?) for each other.
And yet they partnered with a Chinese company to sell the Switch there.

Go figure.

img_3097.jpg

Transformers coaster track is already being installed.

Reactions: Jamesh22
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a floorless version of Hulk.
That would add an extra 'element' to the ride with no additional cost.
The only problem is that the heartline would be far off. It’s easy to go from stand-up to floorless as they’re relatively close, but sit-down to floorless could cause some issues. Also, the floor combs would increase maintenance and reduce reliability, so I don’t think they’d go for that.