Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the entire attraction (including loading/unload) is 4 minutes long and operates with at least 10 trains, it has an hourly capacity of 2100 riders. Not bad.

I mean. We won’t really be able to tell until my we can determine how often they dispatch trains, right? Even if it’s constant load, capacity is based on launches of vehicles.

Hulk is 1:15 on average , so assume with a moving platform and easier restraints my guess would be 30/45 seconds .

Ooh! That would be great. I was hoping in the 30 second range but thought it may be too good to be true.

When is the first block? After the hut? I assume they have to wait until a train clears that block to launch?

Ooh! That would be great. I was hoping in the 30 second range but thought it may be too good to be true.

When is the first block? After the hut? I assume they have to wait until a train clears that block to launch?
The first block is in the straight stretch between the queue building and the Abby.

So it technically can clear that and then another train could dispatch?
Technically, the block brake/LSM (a LSM can be used to stop a train as well as launch it) is at the end of a block. The first block is from where the train leaves the queue building to the LSM between the queue building and the Abby. So yes, a train can be dispatched from the station as soon as the previous train launches out of the LSM between the queue building and the Abby.

Technically, yes but for the most efficient and smoothest guest experience, the dispatch time should not be shorter than the maximum time to pass through any block.

This. With several trains constantly in unloading and loading they should be able to push em out as fast as the block brakes can take.

I'm sure 12 includes at least 4 trains going through unload/load at any given moment.

No way there are 8 trains outside at the same time. Not enough track, and only one stopping point. if there are more than 4 outside at a time I'll be surprised.

I think it'll take a total minute for the train to enter unload and exit load. Each block segment seems to take :20 seconds, so a train should leave the station every :20-25 seconds.

The station isn't the issue. It's the drop track. The block prior to that is the spike. So the train has to leave the spike, roll all the way back into the building, drop, shoot out, then reset the drop. All before the next train can hit the spike. There will also be some sort of show scene there too with the Devil's Snare. There might be somewhere in there they can shave a few seconds if theres a set of brakes by the spike, but no way that block is only 20 seconds.

No way there are 8 trains outside at the same time. Not enough track, and only one stopping point. if there are more than 4 outside at a time I'll be surprised.

The station isn't the issue. It's the drop track. The block prior to that is the spike. So the train has to leave the spike, roll all the way back into the building, drop, shoot out, then reset the drop. All before the next train can hit the spike. There will also be some sort of show scene there too with the Devil's Snare. There might be somewhere in there they can shave a few seconds if theres a set of brakes by the spike, but no way that block is only 20 seconds.
There’s two drop chambers, though.

As proof that I learn new things on here, I grew up with this piece of furniture (a tudor style oak bench) as a child and yet never knew the term Green Man. In this case, it is an evil green man but I believe it fits the bill. ;)

xxRF401.jpg

(If I have posted this before then forgive me)
Now the question is what interpretations of Green man is presented in your childhood. This can be good or evil.

"The Green Man with vegetation coming out his mouth is almost always interpreted as disgorging or creating vegetation, a positive and creative force. However, as with Ourobouros (the circular snake biting its own tail), there is also an element of ambivalence in the image, and a compelling argument can be made that the Green Man might in fact be swallowing or devouring all of nature, rather than creating it."
Source: The Enigma of the Green Man - Theories and Interpretations

Last edited:
Wow 12 trains ..:people eater
Universal actually needs to make new rides have high capacity because they need the actual parks still to be a primary profit center and have to compete with offsite hotels. Disney world is rewarded for creating exclusivity on rides to drive longer stays/on site/Dvc. Anaheim is a superior experience if you are just going for rides for this reason. This is an easy advantage for universal to get ahead just by doing what any popular park should on capacity with the new rides they make.

Universal actually needs to make new rides have high capacity because they need the actual parks still to be a primary profit center and have to compete with offsite hotels. Disney world is rewarded for creating exclusivity on rides to drive longer stays/on site/Dvc. Anaheim is a superior experience if you are just going for rides for this reason. This is an easy advantage for universal to get ahead just by doing what any popular park should on capacity with the new rides they make.

I’d Argue all parks should make capacity a priority when designing rides. Unfortunately, ambitions and innovations can sometimes get in the way of practicality.

Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you always should.

You mean give your regular guests a quality experience without charging extra, we can't do that *monocle falls out of eye*

Status
Not open for further replies.