Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

No More Dishes at Florean Fortescue

truejonas

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2018
Nashville
Not sure when this went into effect, but you can no longer get a dish of ice cream at Florean Fortescue’s, only waffle cones or souvenir glasses. Had to have happened in the last month.

Okay, I thought I was losing it :lol: I went May 4th for the first time, and paper cups weren’t an option. I could’ve sworn I’d seen people with cups in the past, but chalked it up to bad memory lol.

As someone who isn’t a huge fan of ice cream cones or souvenir cup upcharges, I was definitely a little miffed. Just felt like a weird ploy to force guests to buy the souvenir cups. As if Diagon Alley isn’t already raking in cash on every front.

I saw a response from Universal on the FB group that they do still have the paper cups, but only offer them if they are requested. Sounds like a push to upsell the souvenir cups, if so that's pretty petty on their part.

If that's the case, then that's the whole "recycle" push everyone is doing lately (i.e. Paper Straws)

They're replacing the cups for beer and making guests do keg stands instead.
Upside Down Margaritas at Chez Alcatraz.

hqdefault.jpg

If that's the case, then that's the whole "recycle" push everyone is doing lately (i.e. Paper Straws)
Oh I have no doubt they could use that as an excuse to justify it, but it’s cleatly an easy way to get revenue numbers up. Not to mention if they’re forcing plastic bowls on people who don’t want them a large portion of those will end up in the trash and it will have a more negative environmental impact than the paper bowls.

Waffle cones are fine...I think they are more than cups though, could be wrong though
I believe waffle cones were a dollar more than the now removed paper cup option and a couple dollars less than the souvenir cup.

Waffle cones are great, my only issue is in the Florida heat within a few minutes you’re holding a melting puddle of ice cream in your hands. Now if they had like a small indoor air conditioned area to sit and enjoy them I would probably go for the waffle cone more often.