Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (DHS) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That was one of the initial things that seemed so odd to me about opening the land incomplete. If you're opening both headliners at once, neither one has to shoulder the responsibility of being a focal point or a centerpiece. They'd compliment each other.

Now, however, the initial first impression of the land most have will be entirely dependent on Smuggler's Run.

What would early reactions to Pandora have been if only Na'vi River Journey was open?

Comparing this to the Navi River Journey is a bit of a stretch...this is definitely an “E ticket” attraction. Wether it delivers on all the hype is yet to be seen.

The ride is almost designed to have mixed reactions based on the different “job” you take. What’s positive is that no experience will be exactly the same as the one before due to the variables of your crew. So I have a feeling a lot of people will want to re-ride it.

Really not a fan of the splitting up at all, that's definitely not gonna go over well for lot's of people. It was a really bold decision and i hope it works for them but most People wanna ride with their families, and i hope whether good or bad pilot the experience is worth the hours waiting.
?? Splitting up? Each cockpit will hold 6 guests. The only splitting up there would be is if you have a party size greater than 6.

The truth is the fanboys and skeptics will never be happy!

It needs to be more interactive!!!
Oh wait...it’s too interactive and my ride experience is ruined!
We need to be able to push lots of buttons!
Oh wait...pushing buttons actually distracts from watching the ride film!

Literally there is no “win” when it comes to our current culture of over expectations and entitlement.

Disney made an interactive Falcon ride in an extremely detailed ride vehicle. Is that not enough?

When you try to cater to everybody, it never turns out as good as it could.

Reactions: tielo and rhino4evr
Now that the first videos are coming out from Media in Disney Land, does anyone know how this ride is setup logistically? From construction we know there are 4 simulator complexes. Are there 4 pre-show rooms and 4 millennium falcon chess rooms? Or does one feed all 4 areas? I find the setup more interesting than the ride itself. Especially with the ship sitting out front and creating the illusion of boarding it indoors.

Now that the first videos are coming out from Media in Disney Land, does anyone know how this ride is setup logistically? From construction we know there are 4 simulator complexes. Are there 4 pre-show rooms and 4 millennium falcon chess rooms? Or does one feed all 4 areas? I find the setup more interesting than the ride itself. Especially with the ship sitting out front and creating the illusion of boarding it indoors.
One pre-show -- it feeds off into tunnels that split

Especially after Disney flew him out to California and put him up in the Grand Californian to vlog about Galaxy's Edge. This is only a few weeks after they sent the Trackers to Hawaii to stay at Aulani. I love Tim but doubt he can be fully objective with the mouse throwing so much his way.
Yes.. say what you want this is true, its the way of the world.

Especially after Disney flew him out to California and put him up in the Grand Californian to vlog about Galaxy's Edge. This is only a few weeks after they sent the Trackers to Hawaii to stay at Aulani. I love Tim but doubt he can be fully objective with the mouse throwing so much his way.
Bloggers & Vloggers are the reviews I'm least likely to pay attention to. Impartiality is almost always a concern. The views and opinions I consider most important are the regular posters on this site who write about their actual experience and opinions of the ride after they've rode it. They're real people with no financial stakes. We've had a couple of really good breakdowns of the ride & land on the Disneyland GESWL thread. Hopefully more will soon be coming in. Those are the 'valued' reviews, at least in my opinion.

Reactions: tielo
A not-so-brief spoiler-free review where I talk about the overall experience and crew member roles:

Entrance with the falcon is stunning. Queue is very well done and reminded me of a more immersive Star Tours (this is not the only time I felt this about this ride lol). Hondo AA was not operating at the time I went, so he was replaced by “cargo” and there’s a Plan B video. Preshow was short, simple, effective: exactly what it needed to be, and I won’t get super tired of it (ahem .. FoP). Second preshow (pre-boarding) was also pretty solid, but more likely to get old quickly lol.

For the ride, I had a great view no matter where I sat! Granted, I’m 6’, but I didn’t notice anybody else having issues. Looked for screen edges and couldn’t find any. Graphics were real solid, though there was the occasional phasing as it was rendering, and one time a very, very short stutter.

It’s a lot of fun! I rode gunner, then engineer, then pilot, which wound up being how I’d rank them worst to best (and also the order i’d recommend to new riders).

Gunner was too simple for my liking, but let me watch the mission the whole time without really taking my eyes off the screen.

Engineer had more button pushing, which was fun, but required you to look away more, so I was happy I’d already been through the mission.

Pilot was the most immersive and immediate and allowed you to be very active while never taking your eyes off the screen. The steering certainly felt a little guided, but that I still had some control.

That being said, I did enjoy all three roles and didn’t feel my enjoyment of the ride was based too much on the role I was assigned.

Oh, and we didn’t do so hot on one of our missions, which made leaving the cockpit a little more fun.

It’s a real solid attraction! It’s unique and interactive and ambitious and people are gonna really enjoy it. And I really hope they add another mission ASAP. There’s not a ton of variety within the one mission, so people are going to be clamoring for more, I think.

Not sure if most people have noticed yet, but the number of times you've ridden as well as how many missions you have completed for Hondo in the Disney Play app change the ride experience - once my friend did the crates on his phone, and on his next ride there was an additional asteroid field scene - and from the sound of what a few other people have said, that's a direct connection. Anybody have more info?

ALSO: There is a bonus scene if the Falcon is waiting extra time for unload, which involves a Wrathtar (from Force Awakens) biting the back of your ship. There is additional dialogue from Hondo as well as button pressing that gets it off

Not sure if most people have noticed yet, but the number of times you've ridden as well as how many missions you have completed for Hondo in the Disney Play app change the ride experience - once my friend did the crates on his phone, and on his next ride there was an additional asteroid field scene - and from the sound of what a few other people have said, that's a direct connection. Anybody have more info?

ALSO: There is a bonus scene if the Falcon is waiting extra time for unload, which involves a Wrathtar (from Force Awakens) biting the back of your ship. There is additional dialogue from Hondo as well as button pressing that gets it off
There were some posts concerning this on the Disneyland threads. Those posts though said it was an operations factor, depending on how long loading was taking.