Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D6e8ocDVUAA7xil.jpg

4d4.jpg

I'm more worried how those unwieldy costumes are going to function in a tight, constricted maze, especially with a maze location as challenging to navigate as Mummy. I'm worried they (once again) won't design with performers in mind, leading to dramatically altered-from-concept show executions by the second weekend.

Really excited for this to come, however..... this is such a poor location choice. If anything, Creepshow would've fit better there. Mummy is too tight for a maze with huge wacky settings like this.

EDIT: Also its May, and their first facade is already up? Zoinks! They're really starting early.

Reactions: chris.g and Clive
Really excited for this to come, however..... this is such a poor location choice. If anything, Creepshow would've fit better there. Mummy is too tight for a maze with huge wacky settings like this.

EDIT: Also its May, and their first facade is already up? Zoinks! They're really starting early.

This is an educated guess, but that "facade" looks like it's a custom print over the usual tent... meaning it's all or nothing when installing the tent itself.

I mean I'm sure this one didn't take too long to put up, as its likely just a custom ordered tent without much else needed

This is an educated guess, but that "facade" looks like it's a custom print over the usual tent... meaning it's all or nothing when installing the tent itself.

Ours is supposedly going in the Shrek theatre. Surprised it's not in a sprung, since they could either project on or paint it.

Likewise, I'm sure there's tons of lights and stuff that haven't been installed yet. But still, it's nice to have early confirmation of a maze now rather than July.

I think it’s The Conjuring. The boy’s spinning thing from the original looks barely reminiscent of that and it would be synergy with Annabelle.

Jk; happy it’s Killer Klowns but that Tent facade is a little... narrow; hopefully it’s bigger in person. Curious to see the layout since it seems like it’ll go Circus->Streets->maybe JoJo and the Funhouse?

I think it’s The Conjuring. The boy’s spinning thing from the original looks barely reminiscent of that and it would be synergy with Annabelle.

Jk; happy it’s Killer Klowns but that Tent facade is a little... narrow; hopefully it’s bigger in person. Curious to see the layout since it seems like it’ll go Circus->Streets->maybe JoJo and the Funhouse?

Probably it's gonna have a little forest set dressing out front, like how the Trick R Treat house had a frontyard and the Shining maze had a little atrium area before you entered. This one might have a cotton-candied car or two out front and a farmer actor hamming it up.

So what’s everyone’s predictions of the facades? From what it seems like:

Confirmed:
- New Year’s Card: Holidayz in Hell
- Gypsy Camp: Frankenstein vs Wolfman
- Circus Tent: Killer Klowns

Guesses:
- Fire Station: Ghostbusters
- None or Arcade: Stranger Things 2&3
- Comic Book: Creepshow
- Museum of Monsters & Madness: HO1C

Curious to see if they’ll reuse the Corpses facade from 2010 and 2011 in Waterworld, that thing looked huge and Halloween 4’s didn’t look as big

Reactions: hhnlover
So what’s everyone’s predictions of the facades? From what it seems like:

Confirmed:
- New Year’s Card: Holidayz in Hell
- Gypsy Camp: Frankenstein vs Wolfman
- Circus Tent: Killer Klowns

Guesses:
- Fire Station: Ghostbusters
- None or Arcade: Stranger Things 2&3
- Comic Book: Creepshow
- Museum of Monsters & Madness: HO1C
You are forgetting the Mexican Original which could be anything in terms of facade. And the Creepshow could also be the Little Boy's House with a intro scene similar to Titans.

Reactions: rageofthegods
You are forgetting the Mexican Original which could be anything in terms of facade. And the Creepshow could also be the Little Boy's House with a intro scene similar to Titans.

Sorry I completely forgot we’re upping a maze. Honestly I’m glad they’re reusing Corpses in that case since that one can be a budget maze

Yes! The boy's house with the pumpkin, and then into the room with the Dracula posters and the hanging spiders and the Creep outside the window as a scare! The dad shouting "I don't want this crap around," plus a garbage truck and trash can out front with the comic book, and then the kid just saying "I hope you rot in hell" over and over. Plus the music! Lightning flashes! Oh my God this mazeeeeee.

For the Mexican Original, of course it could be anything, but if it has anything to do with the Quincenera celebration, I'd love for it to take place in a modern Latin American house, with something that looks like these:

the-cave-mexican-architecture-pinterest-dezeen-hero-852x479.jpg

47204809-merida-mexico-colonial-house-mexican-architecture.jpg

palace-for-mexican-music-architecture-merida-mexico_dezeen_slideshow-a-852x633.jpg

IDK, think it would be a nice change of pace from the abbeys and churches.

Yes! The boy's house with the pumpkin, and then into the room with the Dracula posters and the hanging spiders and the Creep outside the window as a scare! The dad shouting "I don't want this crap around," plus a garbage truck and trash can out front with the comic book, and then the kid just saying "I hope you rot in hell" over and over. Plus the music! Lightning flashes! Oh my God this mazeeeeee.

For the Mexican Original, of course it could be anything, but if it has anything to do with the Quincenera celebration, I'd love for it to take place in a modern Latin American house, with something that looks like these:

the-cave-mexican-architecture-pinterest-dezeen-hero-852x479.jpg

47204809-merida-mexico-colonial-house-mexican-architecture.jpg

palace-for-mexican-music-architecture-merida-mexico_dezeen_slideshow-a-852x633.jpg

IDK, think it would be a nice change of pace from the abbeys and churches.
Yeah, this post just made me even more excited for creepshow

Well, with construction starting early, and an amazing lineup, I guess I could say they're really going all out this year.
Every update just makes me more excited and hopeful for this year.

Well, with construction starting early, and an amazing lineup, I guess I could say they're really going all out this year.
Every update just makes me more excited and hopeful for this year.
hope hollywood makes a comeback after 2017-2018's "eh" years.

This would be the perfect opening scene! And hopefully we'll also get comic book mini-facades/transitions between stories. No excuse for black walls this time!

Last edited: