Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I might be in the minority here but I thought 2018 was a good year held back by synergy(even though Blumhouse 2 was good) and the budget problem from 2017. H4, Monsters, and Poltergeist were great and the only maze I genuinely disliked was Purge
I think most people liked 2018 overall, it just had a few issues compared to 2016 prior

Yeah, this post just made me even more excited for creepshow

Imagine if they reuse the Quarry set for the ending of "The Crate." Instead of a bus, maybe there are some big, jagged, JW-queue rocks with giant monkeys hiding among them.

And then the return of the Evil Dead cabin and ghili suits for "Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" Kinda like Freak Show, where there's a short forest walk with the meteor and then into the cabin.

Some reused Cemetery stuff for Father's Day with the Bicycle Lady gag reused for the evil dad.

And there could be a short little section in a living room with the recordings of the drownings for "Something to Tide you Over" before the zombies come in, plus a short section in the cockroach room for "They're Creeping up On You" with the cockroach-covered CEO as a scare.

I was kinda hoping they would do this scene similar to the "He's got your baby" Scene from Insidious 2015 where it's not a Scare and just purely a audio/show scene. Would love to see the scene done like that.

I was thinking the Ash vs Evil Dead hitchhikers for that scene, or maybe make Moonie a face actor and the clown a dummy.

Alright now some announcment video ideas.
Idea 1: The camera moves up to the Universal archway and the klowns spaceship lands, and the klowns pop out.
Idea 2: Instead of a spaceship, the ice cream truck arrives and brings in a klown parade headed to Universal.

Alright now some announcment video ideas.
Idea 1: The camera moves up to the Universal archway and the klowns spaceship lands, and the klowns pop out.
Idea 2: Instead of a spaceship, the ice cream truck arrives and brings in a klown parade headed to Universal.
I have a feeling it will be a more simple compilation of film footage and footage of orlandos scarezone, they tend to use the more elaborate announcements pretty sparingly.

I have a feeling it will be a more simple compilation of film footage and footage of orlandos scarezone, they tend to use the more elaborate announcements pretty sparingly.

Yeah the elaborate stuff is probably only gonna be done for the headliners. Ghostbusters I presume is getting something fancy.

I was about to ask if there was a year where there was more than one announcement with actual footage attached, and then I remembered 2018 had tons of filmed announcements (Halloween, Poltergeist, Stranger Things, and Universal Classic Monsters all had trailers with footage, while First Purge had the Universal Arche with the teddy bear and Blumhouse sort of just cut something together out of archival footage). Basically, anything that would show up on the travel ads.

With that in mind, we know that Stranger Things, Holidayz and Frankenstein v. Wolfman both had filmed announcements and the Tram original is probably going to have one by necessity.

Presumably, the other IPs they'll heavily market are Ghostbusters and Creepshow, so expect a simple announcement video for those two (Like, literally just a boot and a containment unit and maybe Slimer lunging at the camera for Ghostbusters, and Creepshow with a comic book on the sidewalk rapidly flipping through the pages).

HoTC will probably use legacy footage from the old maze.

I'm assuming that Klownz will use footage, just because last year the cult classic maze was the odd one out in terms of stuff filmed. Plus, it might make more sense to "pitch" a weird movie like Klownz to the audience with footage from the movie rather than do a short "teaser" like they did with more popular IPs like Poltergeist and H4 last year.

Is Killer Klownz one of the more viable rumors?

As viable as we're gonna get at this stage. Reliable sources like Legacy are saying it's coming, and we've seen pictures of a giant Circus Tent set up near the Mummy Queue.

Most years, we have an educated understanding of the lineup by now. Right now, our best guess is Killer Klownz from Outer Space, House of a Thousand Corpses, Creepshow, Ghostbusters, and some kind of Mexican Folklore Original.

EDIT: That doesn't preclude something going wrong! We were supposed to get Scream one year, but rights holders pulled out at the last minute when it was revealed that HHN had gone with the OG movies instead of the (terrible) MTV series. But for now, the betting man goes for those properties.

As personally weird as it is to me, we are probably not going to get US or Hill House this year, given what we know from the insiders. Again, anything can change, and practically the entire lineup last year got rejiggered.

Last edited:
I'm still not sold on Ghostbusters or Creepshow or HOTC.
All the movies on the lineup would be OLLLDDDDD. Y'all really think they gonna let Stranger Things be the only thing to pull in the 20-somethings?
Klownz is our last weird, wild card. Everything else will be current, new or popular.
Ghostbusters kinda falls into that, but everything else? Nah. And even that I have strong doubts for.

Where the advertisements going to go? The corporate synergy? What are they going to sell using all of these old properties? What upcoming movie or DVD release can they plug? HOTC could plug Three From Hell, but does it even have a release date yet?! Which of these properties appeal to the 13-18 demographic? Or the 18-25? Most of my friends, close to their 30s, only want to go if it's properties they KNOW. Originals don't excite them, they'll go to Knotts for that.

The eggs I'm putting into my speculation basket are IT, Conjuring/Anabelle/Nun, Hill House, Us, Insidious, Halloween, Happy Death Day, and as much as I hate to say it, The Purge. No way they ain't gonna have Jordan Peele at this event, he's too hot right now. Either he gets an original, US, or the Twilight Zone. WB owns half of this stuff and most of them have been already done, yet I still think they're more viable speculation options.

What happened to the fun crazy ideas like an US Terror Tram?! I'd love to see that AND it's possible. That's the best type of speculation! We got UCM right-ish/wrong-ish, but there's still more to explore!

Reactions: marip123
All the movies on the lineup would be OLLLDDDDD. Y'all really think they gonna let Stranger Things be the only thing to pull in the 20-somethings?
Klownz is our last weird, wild card. Everything else will be current, new or popular.
Ghostbusters kinda falls into that, but everything else? Nah. And even that I have strong doubts for.

Where the advertisements going to go? The corporate synergy? What are they going to sell using all of these old properties? What upcoming movie or DVD release can they plug? HOTC could plug Three From Hell, but does it even have a release date yet?! Which of these properties appeal to the 13-18 demographic? Or the 18-25? Most of my friends, close to their 30s, only want to go if it's properties they KNOW. Originals don't excite them, they'll go to Knotts for that.

The eggs I'm putting into my speculation basket are IT, Conjuring/Anabelle/Nun, Hill House, Us, Insidious, Halloween, Happy Death Day, and as much as I hate to say it, The Purge. No way they ain't gonna have Jordan Peele at this event, he's too hot right now. Either he gets an original, US, or the Twilight Zone. WB owns half of this stuff and most of them have been already done, yet I still think they're more viable speculation options.

What happened to the fun crazy ideas like an US Terror Tram?! I'd love to see that AND it's possible. That's the best type of speculation! We got UCM right-ish/wrong-ish, but there's still more to explore!
The exorcist was really old, and you said it was the best maze in 2016.

Reactions: Dr. Herbert West

Yikes... So there's a lot to dive into here that I'll have to dissect but let m break it down easy. They aren't doing any of those properties you listed for many reasons. IT and Conjuring/Other Conjuring Films due to WB. Even though WB has a off year they wouldn't let HHN come near their most popular IPs. Halloween due to Miramax. The Purge Murdy already confirmed not to be happening. Us, HDD, and Insidious will definitely definitely not be happening. Which I don't know why you would want Insidious again seeing as the last maze was literally 99% black walls and they didn't even put it on the top 3 advertisements of that year. They would have announced Hill House by now if it was happening as well

They seem like they will be treating Monsters as a advertisement in a way. Hollywood this year is done with Corporate Synergy. They finally realized how BS it is due to the last 2 years and are actually trying with actual good IPs. If you want those properties and a lack of creativity then yuck... There is literally wood panels also spotted near the Tram meaning that they are ready to begin construction soon there. And also on the Universal HHN Website it doesn't even state Terror Tram anymore.
Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Studios Hollywood
20190514_060427.jpg

The point is that we are done with Corporate Synergy. All of these properties are also rumored for Orlando as well. Your argument about what they can promote is ST, Ghostbusters (Which they marketed Poltergeist last year), and Monsters/FMWM (Just have Frankenstein in the Commercial). You have a lot of crow to eat if you believe this all to be false and last year you had crow to eat when you said you didn't believe HOB2 with Unfriended and Truth or Dare.

So I would pretty much say sit back and enjoy the ride really.

Last edited:
I agree with DTH about this lineup being skewed on older properties, but the more I think about it so was last year. The Purge was the really the only current property that was used, outside of ST. If you compare the spec line up for this year VS last year they line up pretty much the same. Only real difference would be two from the early 80's (GB and Creepshow) VS one last year.

No way are we getting any of the Warner IP's this year. I am not on the gloom and doom "they are never coming" train, but not this year.