Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

What would that look like? Indy to me was always more about the character and attitude than the locations.

I'd say Indy has just as much in the way of iconic locations as Star Wars.

The way I see it is like Galaxys edge - a land you enter and then are totally immersed in. A new Indy E-Ticket (not the Disneyland version) and maybe a coaster or D ticket.
Tokyo Disneysea already has what is effectively an Indy land but I'd imagine something much bolder. Jungle/Temples etc is more likely as Cairo etc might be too similar a look/feel to Black Spire Outpost.

I'm not referring to Indy specifically. But Spielberg is known to go to theme parks before every big movie project he works on to talk possibilities. He's done this with Universal and Disney since E.T.

He needs to spend less time visiting theme parks and more time getting a true to character Indy made, it's already been delayed like 3 times! ;)

Back to topic...
Those 'in land' pics really show just how MASSIVE everything in Galaxys edge is. Seeing all the aerial pics just doesn't show how huge the place is - WOW!

What would that look like? Indy to me was always more about the character and attitude than the locations.

Well, since this land isn't based on the movies (stupidly), they could just make a generic Jungle area. With a HUGE indoor mine cart ride, or course.

Yes but it doesn’t open without a reservation until June 24th. I’m sure a lot of people are going to show up on the 31st thinking they can access the land.

THANK YOU!!! I said the exact same thing in another forum. It shows nothing that you need a reservation and guest relations is going to be overrun by irate guests who traveled there and couldn't get in.

I am also of the opinion that it will not be as bad crowd wise as Disney is making it out to be.

Also, what is Disney going to do if 100s if not 1000s just decide to rush into Star Wars without a reservation ticket?

THANK YOU!!! I said the exact same thing in another forum. It shows nothing that you need a reservation and guest relations is going to be overrun by irate guests who traveled there and couldn't get in.

I am also of the opinion that it will not be as bad crowd wise as Disney is making it out to be.

Also, what is Disney going to do if 100s if not 1000s just decide to rush into Star Wars without a reservation ticket?
Ah, another person shares my opinion. While I do think some descent crowds will show up at first, I think Disney is really overestimating how popular this will be in a few months.

I’ve said this previously, and I’ll say this again: The Star Wars IP is in a really rough spot right now from the backlash from the Last Jedi and Solo. So many fans are rejecting the sequel trilogy hard. What are they going to think when they realize it’s 100% the new trilogy? Yeah, you had the new trailer attempt to get people interested again, but that’s been totally drowned out by the Avengers/Marvel hype.

Yes, it’s a new immersive land that will be jaw-dropping for DL and theme park fans, but this is Star Wars. People see this as a freaking religion. A lot of SW purists aren’t digging the new movies. Do you think they will want to support it?

Ah, another person shares my opinion. While I do think some descent crowds will show up at first, I think Disney is really overestimating how popular this will be in a few months.

I’ve said this previously, and I’ll say this again: The Star Wars IP is in a really rough spot right now from the backlash from the Last Jedi and Solo. So many fans are rejecting the sequel trilogy hard. What are they going to think when they realize it’s 100% the new trilogy? Yeah, you had the new trailer attempt to get people interested again, but that’s been totally drowned out by the Avengers/Marvel hype.

Yes, it’s a new immersive land that will be jaw-dropping for DL and theme park fans, but this is Star Wars. People see this as a freaking religion. A lot of SW purists aren’t digging the new movies. Do you think they will want to support it?

Yes. If Star Wars could survive the prequels it can survive the Last Jedi.

Yes. If Star Wars could survive the prequels it can survive the Last Jedi.

Despite their reviews people appreciate the prequels now because they FEEL like Star Wars. While I don't believe it will be the extent Freak is saying... yeah I expect the Star Wars hardcores to not visit anytime soon. In fact i know of two people who read that it was based off the sequels and automatically had 0 interest. There is ENVY for the Last Jedi. Disney had potential spinoffs cancelled because of the low attention Solo got due to TLJ's poor fan reception. While I stand it's an okay movie, it's creative choices were at times ridiculous and non-sensical to what Star Wars fans have come to expect.