Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh Universal should be more like Disney who just opened a kiddy coaster and a flat ride and are building a coaster in a box and one with a roof. And the rest are screen rides (Mouse, Rat, Falcon, Rise).

giphy.gif

Really surprised to see a wooden bridge going in. I dunno why my mind went to concrete when I heard the word we were getting a more permanent bridge.

Don’t you think if they ever added a Jurassic World gyrosphere ride it would work better on tracks than have the ride trackless with VR? I wish their was room for one more Jurassic Park/world attraction at IOA I guess if not we won’t be seeing a gyrosphere ride that will be over at Universal Studios Bejing.

SeaWorld's numbers fell in the past, but we technically don't know what the 2018 numbers look like... And they're suggesting they're going up. Keep in mind that SeaWorld's numbers largely fell because of the poor press they've had year after year, not because of the rides/IPs.
Seaworld is having layoffs during a busy season. Something has to be wrong. Combined with certain executives and shareholders leaving. It was in the news recently.

If no new attraction is added to Jurassic Park land in IOA besides the new roller coaster when can we expect a makeover of the river adventure to Jurassic World that’s if the new coaster is themed to JW after the new coaster opens or will it open with the makeover next year 2020?

If no new attraction is added to Jurassic Park land in IOA besides the new roller coaster when can we expect a makeover of the river adventure to Jurassic World that’s if the new coaster is themed to JW after the new coaster opens or will it open with the makeover next year 2020?
I'm sure they're gonna wait and see the reaction to the USH version before they make any decisions. All they have to do is have LifeFormations make them some durable outdoor herbivores, and have Creature Tech do all of the indoor carnivores and we've got ourselves a fixed ride.

I'm sure they're gonna wait and see the reaction to the USH version before they make any decisions. All they have to do is have LifeFormations make them some durable outdoor herbivores, and have Creature Tech do all of the indoor carnivores and we've got ourselves a fixed ride.

If it happens, JPRA is going to be down for about 9 months and they'll want to do it in the colder quieter period. To get it open again for summer next year, I don't think they'll have enough time to gauge a proper reaction from USH. Waiting a year gives them all the feedback they need and also allows for JPRA to reopen in early 2021 when this coaster is rumoured to open. A huge double hit for the land.

If it happens, JPRA is going to be down for about 9 months and they'll want to do it in the colder quieter period. To get it open again for summer next year, I don't think they'll have enough time to gauge a proper reaction from USH. Waiting a year gives them all the feedback they need and also allows for JPRA to reopen in early 2021 when this coaster is rumoured to open. A huge double hit for the land.
Really curious in seeing how Universal handles the Jurassic area the next few years. If one chooses to listen to the rumors of Universal's limited upcoming attractions, it might be very clever to market 2021 as a total new immersive land of Jurassic World. Then lets say the rumor about this coaster opening in 2021 is true. How are they going to close off the area? I do think that if they decide to wait to do the JPRA renovation to see the reviews of Hollywood, it would be best to close the ride in January 2020. This means that most of the jurassic area will be closed. They may have no choice but to close the whole area to renovate the kids area and Discovery Center. Do you think this is something Universal would do or would they open the coaster area and then close the JPRA and have the park represent both trilogies for a while?

Last edited:

I'm guessing they would wait until the new coaster opens before they take JPRA offline so they don't take the hit of having the land without a major attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.