Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s not just The Last Jedi, The Force Awakens from what I’ve seen has gained way more hate from when it first came out due to it being A New Hope reskin. I think people are just done with the whole Disney sequel trilogy. To make it even worse, it was revealed that Disney has 3 more movies planned after The Rise of Skywalker. They’re really running this franchise dry! Galaxy’s Edge will be neat for sure, but it will still disappoint fans due to the era it’s based on.

They have had an attraction based on the OT for years...

I watched Phantom Menace again a couple of weeks ago and it has aged very poorly. Id watch any of the new films over it any day of the week.

Last Jedi is still in like the 12th highest gross film EVER so they're fine.

Really jealous my cousin is going the first day its open. She's hoping to camp out all morning with Star Wars fans and such. Hoping at DL and WDW they have some sort of way to entertain guests waiting on the first day.

The parks charge crazy prices, open expensive lands, and execs make millions but the idea of being forced to pay some park employees an actual decent wage pisses them off so much that they just cut those people out. I've seen this kind of behavior from execs in the theme park industry. Dudes like that are such a huge morale drag to employees they interact with.

Some of what's posted is accurate. Entertainment wasn't fully cut, it was pushed back to debut later next year. Entertainment is pooling their resources for two big Marvel shows to open next year. That's why things got jumbled.

The closest thing to entertainment we'll get in GE at opening is the Cantina band, that's about it.

Massive grain of salted accounted for, that post's depiction of Chapek feels extraordinarily believable. This particular quote -- "According to Ent. management, Chapek likes to lower the bar as much as he can and then raise it later if enough people complain." -- is particularly upsetting (but not at all surprising).

I'm far more skeptical about the few words about ROTR, which I'd been led to believe has had its technical problems sorted out for a while and the delay is much more a strategic and/or workforce thing.

Massive grain of salted accounted for, that post's depiction of Chapek feels extraordinarily believable. This particular quote -- "According to Ent. management, Chapek likes to lower the bar as much as he can and then raise it later if enough people complain." -- is particularly upsetting (but not at all surprising).

I'm far more skeptical about the few words about ROTR, which I'd been led to believe has had its technical problems sorted out for a while and the delay is much more a strategic and/or workforce thing.

Well... This chat took a depressing turn. I came for a fun chat about a exciting new land coming to the parks but instead, i received a unfortunate reminder of my country's income inequality and lack of accountability for business executives. Now if you'll excuse me, i need a good cry.

I would have to imagine that entertainment may also be getting pushed back because of limitations of size. How practical is it to add more things to keep people in Galaxy's Edge when they're trying to push people out as quickly as possible to get more in. Entertainment can be added (if it's even necessary) when they need something new to bring people back for another visit. In the short term it's got to be get them in, show them the attractions, sell them some food and merchandise, then don't let the turnstile hit you on the way out so we can get another thousand people in.

Besides the stage in Hogsmede and Diagon, what entertainment is in the HP lands?

Besides the stage in Hogsmede and Diagon, what entertainment is in the HP lands?

I don’t really care about UOR. Galaxy edge was designed for walk around characters (on the various alcoves and catwalks above guest areas) it was also heavily promoted to have droids.

Once again Disney builds An extremely immersive doll house and leaves out the actual dolls.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
I don’t really care about UOR. Galaxy edge was designed for walk around characters (on the various alcoves and catwalks above guest areas) it was also heavily promoted to have droids.

Once again Disney builds An extremely immersive doll house and leaves out the actual dolls.

I was asking a legit question. But thanks for adding your useful comment...

Olivanders. The wand assistants in the lands. All are part of entertainments budget. Even then you’re missing the point.

No, I was really just trying to see if there was other entertainment in HP. This discussion got me thinking about HP as theres natural comparisons. It was for my own curiosity. Don't assume everyone has ulterior motives.

Lack of entertainment sucks but it doesn't need it and it's going to be that busy, you wouldn't really get to enjoy it anyway.

I can see how people can think this is a sinister move, the headline attraction isn't opening with the land but it doesn't matter, it's still going to be crazy busy and Disney are in a position to not really have to push for those extra guests.

It's an easy thing to introduce later to encourage people to return.

Reactions: alomar
No, I was really just trying to see if there was other entertainment in HP. This discussion got me thinking about HP as theres natural comparisons. It was for my own curiosity. Don't assume everyone has ulterior motives.

My apologies then, it was worded in a way like “well excluding....”. My bad.

Lack of entertainment sucks but it doesn't need it and it's going to be that busy, you wouldn't really get to enjoy it anyway.

I can see how people can think this is a sinister move, the headline attraction isn't opening with the land but it doesn't matter, it's still going to be crazy busy and Disney are in a position to not really have to push for those extra guests.

It's an easy thing to introduce later to encourage people to return.

Entertainment adds to a land, even new fantasyland had it when it opened. If this is true it shows more about Chapek and his philosophy seems to be corrupted.

Reactions: Jones14