Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, they'll have two other water attractions that can keep those who want to get wet, wet.

And thankfully with Kong, it also helps for ensuring that it's a high capacity attraction that can also hold people until JWRA coming online.

Yea, they can say that all they want, but it's part of JP.:lol:

My point is, that part of the park would still have a main attraction if they closed JPRA before the coaster was done

Whether you consider Skull Island as a part of Jurassic Park or not, I'd still put my money on them not doing both projects at the same time (finishing the coaster and re-doing JPRA).

Stragegically it would likely make more sense to do one after the other:
- maximize overall attraction capacity. Once Coaster opens it will take the capacity (and then some likely) that JPRA would lose if it shuts down for an extended period.
- Give them another "new" attraction on their calendar in a year there doesn't appear to be one if the plan still is:
  • Hagrid's 2019
  • Bourne 2020
  • JP Coaster 2021
  • Nothing major rumored for 2022 other than perhaps a new parade, so put JPRA re-do here
  • New Park 2023

I wish they would have made skull island a land, but I don't think anyone can get on board with that.
Whether you consider Skull Island as a part of Jurassic Park or not, I'd still put my money on them not doing both projects at the same time (finishing the coaster and re-doing JPRA).

Stragegically it would likely make more sense to do one after the other:
- maximize overall attraction capacity. Once Coaster opens it will take the capacity (and then some likely) that JPRA would lose if it shuts down for an extended period.
- Give them another "new" attraction on their calendar in a year there doesn't appear to be one if the plan still is:
  • Hagrid's 2019
  • Bourne 2020
  • JP Coaster 2021
  • Nothing major rumored for 2022 other than perhaps a new parade, so put JPRA re-do here
  • New Park 2023
Agreed.

Though I'm personally hoping for JP coaster to still be on "track" for 2020, with JPRA redo for 2021, and something else to fill the 2022 space (like SLOP). But overall I agree with the premise - they'll be fine doing this in phases and not forcing an entire JW rebrand in one year.

Looks like their out of options in terms of making Jurassic Park into Jurassic World with 1-2 new attractions since Reign Of Kong is their to stay it is weird that the land only has 1 attraction what was Universal thinking when they did this? To me this forced Universal Orlando to build an all new Jurassic World land at Fantastic Worlds since they have very little room to work with for future Jurassic Park/world attractions at IOA. I think the new franchise deserves a few new rides IMO.

Looks like their out of options in terms of making Jurassic Park into Jurassic World with 1-2 new attractions since Reign Of Kong is their to stay it is weird that the land only has 1 attraction what was Universal thinking when they did this?
That Skull Island is an Island and King Kong is an adventure ride that would fit well in their Islands of Adventure park.

Even losing its expansion pads, Jurassic Park is still a massive theme park land.

A gyrosphere ride would be nice but they don’t have the room for that either. They could’ve simply used the scene from Fallen Kingdom where the volcano erupts and as your gyrosphere ball is moving you encounter the dinosaurs that are escaping the volcano destruction of the land.

A gyrosphere ride would be nice but they don’t have the room for that either.
From what it sounds like, even Beijing isn’t getting a gyrosphere ride. Instead, rumors have their new Jurassic World ride as a Spider-Man ride system.

While I would have loved to see s gyrosphere Ride personally, it seems to me at least, that they weren’t able to ever crack it.

From what it sounds like, even Beijing isn’t getting a gyrosphere ride. Instead, rumors have their new Jurassic World ride as a Spider-Man ride system.

While I would have loved to see s gyrosphere Ride personally, it seems to me at least, that they weren’t able to ever crack it.

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if they did not find the way to make the Gyrosphere attraction realistically (And legally) possible.

Outside of it being somewhat of a trackless attraction as seen in the films, it's essentially a giant hamster ball. And outside of a few scenes, there isn't that much that I could see play out as well on a realistic level.

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if they did not find the way to make the Gyrosphere attraction realistically (And legally) possible.

Outside of it being somewhat of a trackless attraction as seen in the films, it's essentially a giant hamster ball. And outside of a few scenes, there isn't that much that I could see play out as well on a realistic level.
Lets speak more on "legally", im interested?

A gyrosphere ride just isn’t really feasible. Unless you’re paying for tons of giant Dino AAs, what’s the point?

A gyrosphere ride just isn’t really feasible. Unless you’re paying for tons of giant Dino AAs, what’s the point?
The only way i see it kind of working would be with a very high end projector in every sphere, that may just be too pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.