Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Batman

Unless Variety or another higher source comes in, I'll take it with salt.

But, I think I am very interested to see if anything is talked about at SDCC (besides Justice League) or even Cinemacon for any clues to the future of the filmverse.

If nothing else is brought up by then, I think the rest can be explained as easy as saying that word of which, @BriMan brought up--rushed.

I believe the Idea when they brought him in was that Ben was going to take over and save the DC universe as director/batman. This is going downhill fast.

Matt Reeves back as Director of The Batman. Reasons for him walking were due to the fact he was not getting paid enough and could make more doing another film so WB renegotiated.

It's very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale. It's told very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it's going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It's more Batman in his detective mode than we've seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He's supposed to be the world's greatest detective, and that's not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I'd love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it's going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation.

'The Passage' Producer on Netflix's Theatrical Plans, "Noir Batman" | Hollywood Reporter

I love this. He looks like a younger Ben and I'm eager to see how they will incorporate his storyline (since it's reportedly set in the 90's) into the modern timeline. I can only hope Ezra/ Morrison's Flashpoint script was approved and he shows up at the end as the "modern" Batman. Great choice, great actor, and I know he'll do Ben justice (no pun intended). IM SO EXCITED!

I love this. He looks like a younger Ben and I'm eager to see how they will incorporate his storyline (since it's reportedly set in the 90's) into the modern timeline. I can only hope Ezra/ Morrison's Flashpoint script was approved and he shows up at the end as the "modern" Batman. Great choice, great actor, and I know he'll do Ben justice (no pun intended). IM SO EXCITED!

I honestly agree with this.

Robert's really turned it around for himself from his more independant works, and is finally getting slowly back into Hollywood; so it pleases me to see WB and Reeves wanting him on for the ride as Bruce Wayne. Especially with his age, there is a lot to work with now for him.

If High Life and Good Time are any indication of Robert's acting abilities this will be amazing. It's perfect IMO and people will eat their words.

EDIT: I hope Irons and Simmons are carried over in their respective roles.

Ugh Hoult has such a punchable face. Please let it be Pattison. Aaron Taylor Johnson was on the shortlist at one point too.