Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Dear lord Satan no. When I'm watching a movie, I have zero interest in crowd participation.
I don’t want ‘crowd participation’, but I like the whole opening night vibe and hearing people gasp at the big moments when they see the movie for the first time.

It’s a theater going experience I love for big blockbusters.

Not gonna lie, I'm there just about every week, but ONLY in the daytime. Safety first!! :thumbsup:
If I lived a little closer still I’d be there more, but I moved from one side of Winter Garden to the other so I’m really closer to the Disney Springs AMC or the new Cineopolis, although that’s a pretty expensive theater.

All that said, I usually see movies at the Universal Cinemark though :lol: It’s a good middle spot for my friend group to meet.

I don’t want ‘crowd participation’, but I like the whole opening night vibe and hearing people gasp at the big moments when they see the movie for the first time.

It’s a theater going experience I love for big blockbusters.

Maybe it's just me getting old, but I don't enjoy the "room full of fanboys" screening anymore. I went to a midnight screening for the first Iron Man, and hated the experience so much I didn't do it again until Guardians 1, which wasn't any better. I'd go to like one of the Disney Park Blog previews, but that's about it.

BigFire opening soon, and down at USF the Today Show has opened. Any word on what's next for restaurants/CW?

More creative places like Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. I do believe it was a good addition, and always a wait. But can never go without my Red Velvet Milkshake. Burger King & Panda can go, they are like everywhere really.

Also, something than StarBuck's, there is a place up north I went to when was helping a friend who worked at CP, and the coffee was much better, so was my Caramel Macchiato was better. I wanna say something like Tom Horton's. Yeah Starbucks is everywhere. Would be nice if a very unique coffee shop would go in that was by UC.

More creative places like Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. I do believe it was a good addition, and always a wait. But can never go without my Red Velvet Milkshake. Burger King & Panda can go, they are like everywhere really.

Also, something than StarBuck's, there is a place up north I went to when was helping a friend who worked at CP, and the coffee was much better, so was my Caramel Macchiato was better. I wanna say something like Tom Horton's. Yeah Starbucks is everywhere. Would be nice if a very unique coffee shop would go in that was by UC.

Tim Horton’s. It’s the Dunkin’ Donuts of our northern neighbors. I think they are trying to get people to see the Today Cafe as the go-to place for a good cup of non-Starbucks coffee. I’ll have to try it next time.

BigFire opening soon, and down at USF the Today Show has opened. Any word on what's next for restaurants/CW?

No clue, but if I had to guess they might want to work on a replacement for Margaritaville if that ends up closing due to the new resort and something to replace The Groove. I'd love to see them totally replace the fast food section and add some more unique shops (remember that CityWalk has a tattoo parlor!?!!)

No clue, but if I had to guess they might want to work on a replacement for Margaritaville if that ends up closing due to the new resort and something to replace The Groove. I'd love to see them totally replace the fast food section and add some more unique shops (remember that CityWalk has a tattoo parlor!?!!)

If you don't mind me asking, why do you think The Groove is on the chopping block? I haven't heard any news or rumors suggesting any potential closure of the nightclub or is that you personally want it to be replaced?

If you don't mind me asking, why do you think The Groove is on the chopping block? I haven't heard any news or rumors suggesting any potential closure of the nightclub or is that you personally want it to be replaced?

There’s no rumors but I keep hearing it’s not well rated. It’s just my speculation.

What about a replacement for Bubba Gumps ?

Yes please.

Part of me is actually skeptical of Margaritaville, considering they are still seemingly on good enough of relations to finally open a second Margaritaville location in a Universal Citywalk spot.

Part of me wonders, if they could've made a contract deal with UPR to ensure that the locations stay, similar to that of the Hard Rock deal.

Earliest rumors, before ground-breaking, said the resort was having to develop a new name/concept for its casual restaurant because the name was off the table. Would probably be the most difficult outlet to replace in CityWalk, still hugely popular at all hours of the day and basically owns that corner with the airplane bar.

There’s no rumors but I keep hearing it’s not well rated. It’s just my speculation.

It's bumping up on 20 years old, same name, more or less same theme. That's a year longer than anything at Pleasure Island lasted. I imagine there are spaces downtown that have seen half a dozen clubs come and go in that timeframe.

Tim Horton’s. It’s the Dunkin’ Donuts of our northern neighbors. I think they are trying to get people to see the Today Cafe as the go-to place for a good cup of non-Starbucks coffee. I’ll have to try it next time.
It's good coffee, but not good enough to be the most expensive at either resort.

I would still kill for a Jekyll and Hyde Club at CityWalk.
One thousand percent. Do a Jekyll and hyde club themed to UCM. Print money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve said it before, but Universal should take advantage of the MIB franchise and open up a Worm Guy boutique and specialty coffee shop next to MIB at Universal Studios :)