Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Batman

Now cast Anna Kendrick as Selina Kyle.
large.jpg

Seymour Hoffman was always my pick for a new modern Penguin. Shame he's gone.
I agree with that.

I hope the subvert the Riddler casting, though. Like Anthony Mackie or Christina Ricci. Someone really unexpected.

Pattinson is a talented actor who has been making interesting choices so this is a surprise, if a little too safe a choice of WB's part to get me really excited. I've seen a lot of talk online of him being too young which made me want to run some numbers, so assuming it is Pattinson and they stick to their release date here are the ages of the live action Batmen when they first premiered.

Robert Pattinson - The Batman - 35 Years, 1 Month, and 13 Days Old
Ben Affleck - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - 43 Years, 7 Months, and 11 Days Old
Christian Bale - Batman Begins - 31 Years, 4 Months, and 17 Days Old
George Clooney - Batman & Robin - 36 Years, 1 Month, and 15 Days Old
Val Kilmer - Batman Forever - 35 Years, 5 Months, and 17 Days Old
Michael Keaton - Batman - 37 Years, 9 Months, and 19 Days Old
Adam West - Hi Diddle Riddle - 37 Years, 3 Months, and 25 Days Old

What a weird world we live in where Robert Pattinson is Batman and Vanessa Hudgens (maybe) is Catwoman...

I think both can pull off the performance, but my biggest concern is that Pattinson doesn't have the build most envision Bruce Wayne to have. He's rather scrawny.

I think both can pull off the performance, but my biggest concern is that Pattinson doesn't have the build most envision Bruce Wayne to have. He's rather scrawny.

He's spoken out about this, it has to do with the fact that for a while, he had anxiety/ depression and din't eat in order to make a better self image. But he did reveal in recent interviews for most movies he was dieting better and he wants to move past that stage of his life. I'm sure accepting the role of Batman will be the motivation he needs to push forward.