Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked for spiderman. But now some of the rides just feel like spiderman with a paint job (transformers 3d)
Interestingly, Spiderman rarely actually comes to a stop - its almost always gliding by the screen or backing away. Transformers can't do that with many of their screens because they are deeply curved, where Spiderman's are flat until the finale.

IU has media credentials with Universal Orland and Universal Hollywood. We do not work "with" them more than any other site. The nature of our discussions tend to rumors and breaking news, as such at times information that is shared on this site needs to be removed to protect itself. It is not removed to protect Universal information as it is to protect the site from Universal's legal team.

Wasn't there a time when this site didn't get credentials and there was more of a, for lack of a better term, "screw them" attitude about the leaks? I remember it being a running joke about how the site never got invited to media events. Was it the carrot or the stick that changed the relationship?

Interestingly, Spiderman rarely actually comes to a stop - its almost always gliding by the screen or backing away.

I think this is one of the reasons that Spidey's screens integration has yet to be topped for me. The almost constant motion of the vehicle helps sell the screens as part of the environment we're traveling through better than just being (primarily) locked into a stop in front of them.

Interestingly, Spiderman rarely actually comes to a stop - its almost always gliding by the screen or backing away. Transformers can't do that with many of their screens because they are deeply curved, where Spiderman's are flat until the finale.

I don’t know if this is back to front with Transformers. I think it has deeply curved screens because it has to stop for the elevators not that it has to stop for the deeply curved screens.

I don’t know if this is back to front with Transformers. I think it has deeply curved screens because it has to stop for the elevators not that it has to stop for the deeply curved screens.

Transformers stops approximately three times during its cycle: once in both of the VTUs, and once with Optimus at the end. Aside from that it's always moving along the buss bar.

Everyone has bashed Universal the last couple of years for the "stop, go" pacing as seen on Gringotts, Kong and F&F....I think going by the scenes slowly will be a welcomed change while adding in a ton of re-ridability

Bemused by this comment.

If you just want a fast roller coaster from A to B without any stops, show scenes, anamatronics, storyline, etc then you are really looking for the lowest denominator Six Flags type coaster.

There are more than just the elevators that are curved. The majority of them are. Transformers uses them because its trying to sell a forward motion, and a curved screen does that (see: Cinerama in the 1950s). Spiderman doesn't actually use a simulated forward motion until the end, and those two screens are curved as well - and Spiderman slows to a crawl at that point as well (the cars swivel a bit in front of the screen, using some fancy optics). Its one of those they seem similar because they use the same system and tricks, but actually the story each tells requires a different kind of cinema illusion. (Sorry but is the cinematographer nerd coming out)

There are more than just the elevators that are curved. The majority of them are. Transformers uses them because its trying to sell a forward motion, and a curved screen does that (see: Cinerama in the 1950s). Spiderman doesn't actually use a simulated forward motion until the end, and those two screens are curved as well - and Spiderman slows to a crawl at that point as well (the cars swivel a bit in front of the screen, using some fancy optics). Its one of those they seem similar because they use the same system and tricks, but actually the story each tells requires a different kind of cinema illusion. (Sorry but is the cinematographer nerd coming out)

This is true. There are three scenes on floor two that use concave screens.

Bemused by this comment.

If you just want a fast roller coaster from A to B without any stops, show scenes, anamatronics, storyline, etc then you are really looking for the lowest denominator Six Flags type coaster.
K. So let's try this:

You do realize that both preeminent "amusement" park chains(Six Flags, Cedar Fair) do not have parks in Florida, right? So because of that, there is a huge market for the type of experience they can offer(i.e. a traditional roller coaster). Hence why they had THREE traditional roller coaster in IOA when it opened. So get out of here with this lowest denominator crap, it's tiring

K. So let's try this:

You do realize that both preeminent "amusement" park chains(Six Flags, Cedar Fair) do not have parks in Florida, right? So because of that, there is a huge market for the type of experience they can offer(i.e. a traditional roller coaster). Hence why they had THREE traditional roller coaster in IOA when it opened. So get out of here with this lowest denominator crap, it's tiring

Not to mention SeaWorld, Fun Spot. The market is there.

K. So let's try this:

Amen.

I've lived in South Florida all my life... there are no "amusement parks" down here. Orlando is our go-to for coasters.

I’m going to islands today and can’t wait to actually see it in person! Where’s the best places to sneak some views of the coaster?

There’s not much view anywhere, honestly. The entrance to hogwarts express on the IoA side can see the launch out of Hagrid’s hut. The exit can see the hut a bit more clearly and hear inside the hut.
And the lift on Hippogriff can see a bit of the outside queue but again, not much.

So don’t go thinking you’ll see a bunch, although you’ll see a little. The scale is pretty massive and I can’t wait to go through that entrance wall to really see it up close. It’s going to be very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.