Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there a time when this site didn't get credentials and there was more of a, for lack of a better term, "screw them" attitude about the leaks? I remember it being a running joke about how the site never got invited to media events. Was it the carrot or the stick that changed the relationship?

One rule was always constant - We never allowed leaked, or backstage, photos or artwork.

Amen.

I've lived in South Florida all my life... there are no "amusement parks" down here. Orlando is our go-to for coasters.

As a tourist from the UK, we have many crappy Six Flag type parks local to us with crappy fast A - B roller coasters, no theming, branded something ridiculous like 'Batman rollercoaster' and painted black.

Millions of tourists flock to Orlando from all over the world for something more immersive, cutting edge attractions. They don't go for Six Flag attractions - because if the market was that huge for Six Flag-esq cheap coasters then they'd be challenging Disney and Universal - there's a reason why they get low visitors.

As a tourist from the UK, we have many crappy Six Flag type parks local to us with crappy fast A - B roller coasters, no theming, branded something ridiculous like 'Batman rollercoaster' and painted black.

Millions of tourists flock to Orlando from all over the world for something more immersive, cutting edge attractions. They don't go for Six Flag attractions - because if the market was that huge for Six Flag-esq cheap coasters then they'd be challenging Disney and Universal - there's a reason why they get low visitors.

Do you really need people to spell out the difference as to why people visit Disney/Universal vs Six Flags?

That's not strictly true either. I've been to Magic Mountain several times and never been to Universal Hollywood :shrug:

Ok. Noted.

Question- what the hell does any of that have to do with this ride?

At this point do we know if there is any screens at all either at the start or the very end of the ride? Also any guesses of how big the show building will be compared to mummies?

At this point do we know if there is any screens at all either at the start or the very end of the ride? Also any guesses of how big the show building will be compared to mummies?
The show building is essentially 2 scenes long. I’m pretty confident there are no screens on the ride.

And anyone expecting a scene inside the queue building before going outside or after coming in for the end is going to be disappointed.

I've actually assumed all along this was going to be some sort of longer Universal suped 'Mine Train' type coaster with some show scenes.

I am a tad gutted it just goes from A to B and that's that.

Universal looking at the budget again and giving us a filler, whilst they go and spend money on Beijing?

#ThanksBeijing

I've actually assumed all along this was going to be some sort of longer Universal suped 'Mine Train' type coaster with some show scenes.

I am a tad gutted it just goes from A to B and that's that.

Universal looking at the budget again?
WTF?

EDIT: Probably a better comparison I’ve made is Expedition Everest, but with a forest instead of a mountain. This is not a kiddie coaster. It’s not a slow moving dark ride. It’s an immersive thrill ride. And Universal’s most highly themed roller coaster to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.