Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

Don't get me wrong, I want a headliner attraction at the front of the park...but I just feel something quicker will be done to Shrek...I hope I'm wrong
Heck, they might tear it down and put a park or restaurant, or Tangled Restrooms, in :lol:. I just don't see a screen replacement.

Small thought-

Shrek into two story SLoP with a walkway over to where monster Cafe is now for the exit.
Have a nice two story restaurant/gift shop over there as well. Could be anything food-wise but also get some good views for concerts as a bar on second floor (for parties) as well as the gift shop (think Coca Cola in disney springs bar area).

Not only do we get our ride we want, we’d be able to keep Hello Kitty’s store, and add a gift shop as well as a larger and more flexible dining venue to boot.
And a 2nd level bar that can watch the entrance during the day and holiday parades or concerts at night? Sign me up.

Essentially start “New York” from SLoP and continue up.

Small thought-

Shrek into two story SLoP with a walkway over to where monster Cafe is now for the exit.
Have a nice two story restaurant/gift shop over there as well. Could be anything food-wise but also get some good views for concerts as a bar on second floor (for parties) as well as the gift shop (think Coca Cola in disney springs bar area).
Sign me up.
Not only do we get our ride we want, we’d be able to keep Hello Kitty’s store, and add a gift shop as well as a larger and more flexible dining venue to boot.
And a 2nd level bar that can watch the entrance during the day and holiday parades or concerts at night? Sign me up.

Sign me up indeed.

Few months ago i rode the Shrek attraction at Dubai Motion Gate. It's a dark ride, full of anamatronics, and very good scenery.

Go youtube it. Whilst the anamotronics of it aren't world class, the themeing and scope of the attraction was rather good.

And wait for it : it would address the screen issues, especially in that bottle neck.

Few months ago i rode the Shrek attraction at Dubai Motion Gate. It's a dark ride, full of anamatronics, and very good scenery.

Go youtube it. Whilst the anamotronics of it aren't world class, the themeing and scope of the attraction was rather good.

And wait for it : it would address the screen issues, especially in that bottle neck.
I love that idea to have a legit dark ride at the front of the park

I would rather have a new story with animatronics. Also the ride in Dubai is too slow. I don't think anybody wants Shrek to stay at Universal, but I would not want to see that kind of ride at Universal. I dislike it when a ride is just reliving the movie. The only ride I can stand at Fantasyland is the Little Mermaid ride and that is because I like the music, but I find it to be a lazy ride. There was no creativity in the story of the ride.

I really want the SLOP ride going to Universal Hollywood to replace Shrek. It would extend the New York facade, it will have animatronics, and it will have a new story about saving pets from the shelter.

I would rather have a new story with animatronics. Also the ride in Dubai is too slow. I don't think anybody wants Shrek to stay at Universal, but I would not want to see that kind of ride at Universal. I dislike it when a ride is just reliving the movie. The only ride I can stand at Fantasyland is the Little Mermaid ride and that is because I like the music, but I find it to be a lazy ride. There was no creativity in the story of the ride.

I really want the SLOP ride going to Universal Hollywood to replace Shrek. It would extend the New York facade, it will have animatronics, and it will have a new story about saving pets from the shelter.

I believe they are going to revive the Shrek franchise soon ... so it's still a franchise with legs.

I don't understand what you mean by the Dubai Shrek attraction being 'too slow'. It's your standard indoor dark ride - be it Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Pirates Caribbean etc. Perhaps you want it to race through, which of course makes little sense.

I believe they are going to revive the Shrek franchise soon ... so it's still a franchise with legs.

I don't understand what you mean by the Dubai Shrek attraction being 'too slow'. It's your standard indoor dark ride - be it Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Pirates Caribbean etc. Perhaps you want it to race through, which of course makes little sense.

The pacing is too slow. There is too much space in between the animatronics. Cat in the Hat or MIB might be the same speed but there isn't wasted space. There is something constantly going on. I also like it when the cars turn very quickly to the next thing to see.

I also despise the Peter Pan ride. You wait forever and it is nothing but seeing the movie again. Pirates is Ok. Without the song, it is also too slow. The Pirates at Shanghai is amazing!! Haunted Mansion is great but there is also always something to see rather than waiting for the next scene to appear around the corner. The technology used in the ride is what makes the Haunted Mansion!

Small thought-

I've been thinking a two story restaurant/store replacing the Monsters Cafe would be perfect, exactly for what you're talking about as well (extra viewing area for concerts). I do worry about people camping out on the seats waiting for the concert, but I'm sure they could make it work (maybe sell them as a premium viewing area).

I've never had a problem with Shrek as an IP having an attraction at Universal. I'd actually be excited for a full dark ride of some sort featuring those characters.

4D's issues do not include the source material.

In my statement, I didn't mean to imply that people don't want Shrek even though rereading it may read like that. I meant that people don't want this 4D ride.

I would rather Shrek head to FW and I would rather the ride expand on the material. I would not want to see a recap of the movie's contents. The great thing about the Shrek film is that it created this land that revisions the fairy tale characters in a comedic way. This is the true charm of the film, in addition to its soundtrack. A new adventure of Shrek and donkey mixing it up with the local fairy tale characters would be a great ride. I would not mind the use of screens to fill in the spaces between the animatronics and the use of a trackless ride would be preferable. I also think a comedic script, that is appropriate for kids but adds something for the adults could really make a Shrek ride incredible and a classic.

Odd timing, considering Hollywood was already announced.

Why is it odd timing? Hagrid didn’t get trademarked until after the name was announced as well. Given the trademark contains words from another mark, I’m sure they weren’t too worried about it.

Why is it odd timing? Hagrid didn’t get trademarked until after the name was announced as well. Given the trademark contains words from another mark, I’m sure they weren’t too worried about it.
I didn't recall the timing on Hagrid. The Hollywood announcement feels so long ago.