Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

I think that's the only option open to them at the moment, but that will limit the amount of growth in visitors the park can make. Maybe the future for USJ is more multi level areas like SNW, then they can do more with less.
:thumbsup:There you go. Yep, build up if you can't build around. Makes good business sense to accentuate the use of limited acreage.....like all the skyscrapers surrounding the park.

I noticed it on several videos last year, but I wondered if anyone familiar with USJ would shed some light on what's happened to the trees from Jaws? It was never as densely covered and forested as the Orlando version, but with the Nintendo Land construction right behind, I wonder if they're grabbing them all for that.

phDbXuJ.jpg

I noticed it on several videos last year, but I wondered if anyone familiar with USJ would shed some light on what's happened to the trees from Jaws? It was never as densely covered and forested as the Orlando version, but with the Nintendo Land construction right behind, I wonder if they're grabbing them all for that.

phDbXuJ.jpg

Typhoons last year destroyed a lot.

THE BEST USJ AD EVER....i nearly died laughing

Essentially the cast must get to USJ to fight the titans but I lost it once the theme park passes ended up in the horses mouth and the apcolyptic Universal globe. In regards to Attack on Titan, on the world's largest 3D screen (Universal's world not mine) catch a show that is a combination of live action meeting screen elements to showcase attack on titan like never before.

World street festival has been a huge success as stated earlier.

And Universal Studios Japan is preparing for an even more awesome summer with Extra Cool Summer with a brand new extremely wet parade and the come back of the show with a 99% GSAT rate: One Piece Premier show (78 minutes long)

I wish there is a way Universal Studios Hollywood & Orlando could do a anime event in there parks even if they have to negotiate with both anime studios, and the english dub companies to bring them to the US.

I wish there is a way Universal Studios Hollywood & Orlando could do a anime event in there parks even if they have to negotiate with both anime studios, and the english dub companies to bring them to the US.

In a way, you'd have to deal with similar parties (like Toei, Sony, IG Port, and a few others), and if you bring in dubbing talents from the US; it varies on who'd be involved.

The only place that I could actually see a Universal Cool in the domestic work, is surprisingly Hollywood; due to the diverse groups and audiences that do watch or read Anime/Manga's. Hell, NBCUniversal Japan is starting to try to get serious somewhat; so I don't think it's as..impossible.

But in some ways, you also have to take account that they already have a large event for Asian audiences/locals, with the Lunar New Year.

Last edited:
Easily they could negotiate with Funimation to use the Dragon Ball cast, and Viz Media to use the Sailor Moon cast. Not sure which Universal attractions would be temporarily replaced with animes for Universal Cool. Well Sailor Moon most likely in Dreamworks theater.

Easily they could negotiate with Funimation to use the Dragon Ball cast, and Viz Media to use the Sailor Moon cast. Not sure which Universal attractions would be temporarily replaced with animes for Universal Cool. Well Sailor Moon most likely in Dreamworks theater.
Dragon Ball uses talent from both their Funi location in Dallas, alongside the likes of using LA Dubbing facilities (although, that depends on who's involved).

And for Viz Media, I have actually not that much of a clear picture on who's responsible for what, due to that they keep a lot of their things internally.

The only two prime locations that could work, is primarily DreamWorks Theater (which, from what I've heard in the past; would be very easy to do), and then Waterworld (As Osaka has actually used the venue for shows with Universal Cool).

The only other location outside of Stage 29 (for something more "experience" based, ala the Escape Rooms), might be DMMM; but you'd have to deal with the nature of theming inside and outside the attraction.

__

To pose a question, Do people think that Comcast might sit and wait after SNW hits, to make any larger moves for expanding or replacing things in the park?

Last edited:
There’s also Evangelion or Gundam Wing for Transformers the ride. The Walking Dead attraction could be given a temporary overlay.

Last edited:
Godzilla vs. Evan looks..weird. I feel like there should be a lot more movement in the film, as opposed to what they do.

Nonetheless, it still is crazy that they thought of pairing the two together the way they did.

God Japan is so weird and I love it.

True. They have one of the highest life expectancy rates, yet feature a sport of morbidly obese men in diapers? Definitely weird, but they're also one of the most culturally-rich countries. Some of my most favorite cuisines consisting of sushi, sashimi, shabu-shabu, ramen, omakase meals, kobe beef, yakitori, etc. What's not to like about Japan, other than them bombing Pearl Harbor.

True. They have one of the highest life expectancy rates, yet feature a sport of morbidly obese men in diapers? Definitely weird, but they're also one of the most culturally-rich countries. Some of my most favorite cuisines consisting of sushi, sashimi, shabu-shabu, ramen, omakase meals, kobe beef, yakitori, etc. What's not to like about Japan, other than them bombing Pearl Harbor.

For cultural fun fact, Ramen is technically Chinese as it was brought to Japan by Chinese immigrants and then later made popularized by the regional adaptations of it. Shabu Shabu is actually Mongolian and become popular due to US enjoyment after WWII. The rest is authentic Japanese though :)

For cultural fun fact, Ramen is technically Chinese as it was brought to Japan by Chinese immigrants and then later made popularized by the regional adaptations of it. Shabu Shabu is actually Mongolian and become popular due to US enjoyment after WWII. The rest is authentic Japanese though :)

I know, but it was the Japanese that made those things famous. A lot of Asia was influenced by China. I was born in Vietnam, which has a lot of Chinese influences, as well as the French. It's like how the fortune cookie is not part of Chinese tradition, but is generally associated with Chinese food. :)

Of Course they get a Resident Evil Maze....not like here in the States we could get one even after the New Game Selling so well.

Well good for them but man do I wish we got some Video Game Mazes for once.

It has to beat the last one they did where they gave everyone laser guns and was interactive....

Recently found a couple of USJ related items I haven't seen before so thought I'd share them here:

Great drone video flyover from Andy Yang Films - not often you see drone footage of USJ:

Original planning designs for Freeze Ray sliders from Team Mobius designs - gives us a proper idea of the kind of footprint this ride takes up, should we see it come stateside...
team M O B I U S - Universal Studios Japan: Freeze Ray Sliders
team-mobius-2017-06-14-frs-graphics-plan-r1.jpg

team-mobius-2017-05-24-frs-mini-ride-poolconceptsketch-sk2.jpg

#YangGang

Seriously though, super jealous of Japan for still having Jaws plus getting Nintendo first, as well as having a B&M flying coaster in their JP. On the other hand, we have Mummy and a supersized Potter compared to the others. Sooo you win some, you lose some.