Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 632 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sneaky.

Absorbing all this, my conclusion is that no matter how much you think you know about a ride before hand or how you think it will look and feel, being inside the ride or ground level is always a completely different and better experience and this is only the second quarter that's even being shown in that POV.

I'd be very surprised if this isn't the best ride in Orlando in 2019.

The pathways also don't look that bad....

For once being based over here works in our favour!

I for one, can't wait to see it in person in September. The aerial shots from bio were great and showed the size of the forest but that clip really shows how immersive it will be zipping through it. This is going to be awesome!

Last edited:
I know this might be tempting fate and I shouldn't judge a ride before I get to actually sit on it, but HOLY COW!
Sorry Spidey, looks like it might be time to step down from that throne you have held for 20 years. There's a new GOAT in the yard. (Maybe)

And I'm not even a Potter fan

Restraints on the bike are installed.

IMG_5184.jpg

I assume the painters tape “7” is temporary. :lol:

Sneaky.

Absorbing all this, my conclusion is that no matter how much you think you know about a ride before hand or how you think it will look and feel, being inside the ride or ground level is always a completely different and better experience and this is only the second quarter that's even being shown in that POV.

I'd be very surprised if this isn't the best ride in Orlando in 2019.

The pathways also don't look that bad....
I noticed like one pathway lol

Reactions: HPFred
I kind of find that POV to be underwhelming... the coaster should've been completely indoors, because it just isn't as immersive as I thought outside (probably better at night). It just doesn't feel like a forest. :/

I'm still very much looking forward to riding though.

This POV is taking place in the grounds around the ruins and is only a 1/4 of the ride. Later in the ride is when you're really in the forest. I think the final launch will look like something special.

In before someone complains about seeing HRRR. No, idc, but we all know who is going to say something.

“family thrill story coaster” could use some tweaking.

Otherwise, pretty bad assed. The level of theming is unreal.

I was going to mention it but decided against it. I think this is more of an argument for demolishing HRRR.

Stunning. The outdoor queue section is just incredible.

And we haven’t even gotten to see the inside loading portion which will even be better.

This is going to make up in spades for that other attraction we shan’t speak of across the park that barely draws a crowd.

Remember everyone: it’s the ruins area AND the Forbidden Forest. They aren’t combined. They’re two separate areas.

Edit: so it’s officially the “black lake”? Is that what they told you on the tour @Brian G. ?

Last edited:
It's funny, I edited my last post as I had commented along the lines of wondering how long it would take for someone to criticise the POV, but thought it too negative.

@Scott W. Put it best, this is only a small part of the ride being shown. I like the fact that they aren't giving it all away.

My only criticism here is that 3/4th of the ride is clearly visible from the queue and that the foliage doesn’t really give you the sense that you are traveling anywhere because you can see everything. That’s always been my biggest gripe. Queue pics and pov clips confirm this. I’ll give it a few years to grow in but this looks similar to how BGT landscapes their coasters as it stands right now.

This is gonna be so much damn fun. God, idk when Im even going to get the chance to ride this thing but boy could my anitcipation not be any higher.

I did not look at the POV.....I need to save something for my actual experience on the ride! Looks incredible....and this ride will age really well. How many other attractions out there actually have an evolving experience over a period of years? 3 or 4 years from now......this will seem like a different coaster. Excellent!

Reactions: Ryno27
Brian, could you see any of the creatures from where you were?

Edit: Wasn't sure if you were allowed to include them in your article or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.