Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Does anyone know how Bioreconstruct gets these photos and so often?

Bio was in California (which, is sometimes rare) for what I presume covering Running Universal for Attractions; as people can request the use of private choppers for tours. Depending on FAA clearance and other things, he'd be able to take pics from a myriad of places.

That was one of the ideas I brought up earlier about having transformers just becoming a new experience for Nintendo world. Transformers could be upgraded to the new franchise as well because the last 5 movies they made are complete ass.

I completely agree with you. I feel like Transformers as a franchise has pretty much dwindled. I mean, sure, the Bumblebee movie did well but it really didn't have the staying power for me. Besides, I can't get over how incredibly half-assed the show building looks, it really infuriates me how ugly it is lol

I completely agree with you. I feel like Transformers as a franchise has pretty much dwindled. I mean, sure, the Bumblebee movie did well but it really didn't have the staying power for me. Besides, I can't get over how incredibly half-assed the show building looks, it really infuriates me how ugly it is lol

I keep saying this. Box Office has NOTHING to do with which IP's get picked for attractions. Companies look at merch sales before anything else. Transformers (much like Cars and Star Wars and HP) sell toys and merch like crazy, even today.

I keep saying this. Box Office has NOTHING to do with which IP's get picked for attractions. Companies look at merch sales before anything else. Transformers (much like Cars and Star Wars and HP) sell toys and merch like crazy, even today.

^^ Exactly!

Plus Transformers is still pulling in the crowds and I'd bet it still gets really good guest survey results.

The only thing wrong with Transformers Hollywood is the location they built it in. (I guess some people would say the mural too but I have no problem with it)

Universal Scoop is reporting that Mario Kart, will be made with the teams over at Dynamic Attractions (Who previously have helped with UC on the endeavor of FJ as-well for the West Coast park).

Also to note, if Secret Life and Yoshi are indeed the same system; it is being done by Oceaneering as opposed to Mack. Which in a sense..wouldn't change that actual manufacturer.

Last edited:
Universal Scoop is reporting that Mario Kart, will be made with the teams over at Dynamic Attractions (Who previously have helped with UC on the endeavor of FJ as-well for the West Coast park).

Also to note, if Secret Life and Yoshi are indeed the same system; it is being done by Oceaneering as opposed to Mack. Which in a sense..wouldn't change that actual manufacturer.

Yea, I’ve been reporting that Dynamic is doing Mario Kart for awhile... but I want to stress that it will not be the Dual Power Coaster system. It’s a busbar dark ride. (At least as far as I know.)

Yea, I’ve been reporting that Dynamic is doing Mario Kart for awhile... but I want to stress that it will not be the Dual Power Coaster system. It’s a busbar dark ride. (At least as far as I know.)

Wow, that's pretty amazing. I think they're already done and get to work on these three attractions already enough, it seems like if they can do that within a year, it would be hella fantastic.

Hold up japan is getting three rides? I thought they were getting two.

I think they posted it more with the intent of clearing up on who's being involved, regardless of locations.

Setpoint has been responsible for a lot of things at Universal. They've helped with the motion bases (and even ride systems for a few) for several experiences. And as far as coasters, they actually built the Singapore flyers attraction in The Lost World.

Hold up japan is getting three rides? I thought they were getting two.

Who knows. Maybe DK will be a quick expansion.

I think they posted it more with the intent of clearing up on who's being involved, regardless of locations.

Setpoint has been responsible for a lot of things at Universal. They've helped with the motion bases (and even ride systems for a few) for several experiences. And as far as coasters, they actually built the Singapore flyers attraction in The Lost World.

Setpoint also built Pteradon Flyers

Who knows. Maybe DK will be a quick expansion.

Setpoint also built Pteradon Flyers

And that's also not mentioning that they're currently contracted for the RWM Park that was formerly Fox Malaysia, their inverted suspended coaster.

__
A guess in the dark for me, is that DK has always been in the cards for Osaka, and it's a matter of them wanting to make sure that they can profit off of Nintendo, on a multi-year basis. Albeit, similar to how Freezers at Osaka was made one year after DMMM/Minion Park's opening. Considering the Utah plant of Setpoint seemingly testing for that system, I am starting to imagine that they're getting closer to being more properly real for that to get off the ground.

I understand, you're absolutely right. Still, I really wish they would have paid a little more attention to the cheap-ass looking show building. :/

My only hope is that they will add those cute looking hills (from Super Mario Bros. 3) to cover up the outside areas, would be great if it looked as though we were immersed in SNW without seeing the outside world lol (though, I'm sure they'll do this)

Still puzzled as to why they built the stairways when they don’t seem to be anywhere near ready to build walls/ go vertical. I’m sure there is a reason as to why.