Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Brian G. and team - thanks for the article and video! :thumbsup:

This looks like it has the re-ridability to it of Revenge of the Mummy which is certainly a good thing.

I know the reason for the motorbike and sidecar design is to mimic Hagrid's but it's actually added a very clever marketing spin to the whole attraction which will make people want to try it twice to see how both sides feel.

I can't wait to ride this in the dark!

straightish-821x500.jpg

dueling_dragons_002_322.jpg

Just a comparison of Dueling Dragon's entrance to Hagrid's.

Funny that remnances of the old castle still remain, namely the large turret on the left. Wonder what the inside's gonna look like now.

Brian, did you happen to get a closeup of that really fuzzy moss near the castle entrance?

Never mind, I found it! Thanks for taking it! What in hell is that stuff they have pasted on? It isn’t just stippled concrete at all.

IMG_5245.jpg

Photo: Brian IU

Can everyone in this chat just admit we have a problem? When the thing we're talking about in a conversation centered around a world-class highly immersive thrill ride is the glue used to stick down fake moss onto stone bricks, that's a red flag that we've all become a bit too obsessed with the details.

I mean yeah... But like Devin threatened bodily harm to someone if they messed with some fuzzy moss. Moss, for god's sake!

Am i the only one here who sees that as overkill? I can't be.
joke
noun
\ ˈjōk \
Definition of joke
(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: something said or done to provoke laughterespecially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist
b(1): the humorous or ridiculous element in something
(2): an instance of jesting : KIDDINGcan't take a joke
c: PRACTICAL JOKE
d: LAUGHINGSTOCK
2: something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter consider his skiing a joke— Harold Callender—often used in negative constructionsit is no joke to be lost in the desert

This looks great and I think it will be awesome! That being said... I will say I could spot all of the maintenance huts/buildings painted "go away" green in the POV... like, clear as day they stick out like sore thumbs (the drop building mural as well). Still cant understand the placement and lack of theming on those parts, but besides that it really does look great. Just find it frustrating that Universals tactic a lot of the time is to really knock it out of the park and then have things like FJ's visible show building right next to truly masterpiece work.

joke
noun
\ ˈjōk \
Definition of joke
(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: something said or done to provoke laughterespecially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist
b(1): the humorous or ridiculous element in something
(2): an instance of jesting : KIDDINGcan't take a joke
c: PRACTICAL JOKE
d: LAUGHINGSTOCK
2: something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter consider his skiing a joke— Harold Callender—often used in negative constructionsit is no joke to be lost in the desert

Welp.... If you need me, i'm gonna go put myself in time-out for spoiling a joke and being a joy killer. See you two pages from now when hopefully everyone has forgotten about this! Bye!

This looks great and I think it will be awesome! That being said... I will say I could spot all of the maintenance huts/buildings painted "go away" green in the POV... like, clear as day they stick out like sore thumbs (the drop building mural as well). Still cant understand the placement and lack of theming on those parts, but besides that it really does look great. Just find it frustrating that Universals tactic a lot of the time is to really knock it out of the park and then have things like FJ's visible show building right next to truly masterpiece work.
I feel the exact same way and think this 100% should’ve been indoors. I still have hope that the foliage will grow in nicely and make everything look better. Night rides are definitely going to be where this thing shines though.

For anyone concerned about the tree coverage immersion factor(disclaimer- I'm no botanist, just a lifelong Floridian):

The majority of the trees appear to be longleaf pines. In my experience, they grow pretty quickly, and are native so they stay pretty healthy most of the year. The area where I was born has a state forest that's mostly slash and longleaf pines, and the longleafs are regularly 60+ feet tall. For an example, I found this picture of the Withlacoochee State Forest.
WithlacoocheeStateForest.jpg

While it's no Forbidden Forest, eventually the pine trees will get taller, and the other trees will fill in. Another thing to consider is that there's gonna be a significant amount of tree debris dirtying and staining the area around the coaster that will only further the immersion in my opinion.

Now I am really excited for the ride, and glad there is gonna be a single rider line. Plus, now not only looking for these Cornish Pixies, I will be looking for all the DD/DC Easter eggs. From all the snippets and the POV, I am ready to ride the side car besides it looks the side cars are closer to the Magical Creatures.

So, now that we are getting down to the opening, I think its a good time to thank everyone who has been on this Magical Adventure itself like @Alicia @Brian G. everyone at Inside Universal from the start, and especially @Bioreconstruct for his many helicopter journeys. Also, Midway Mayhem. Thank you guys for all you have kept us in the loop, I know I greatly appreciate it and can't wait to be there opening day. Thanks everyone

Now I am really excited for the ride, and glad there is gonna be a single rider line. Plus, now not only looking for these Cornish Pixies, I will be looking for all the DD/DC Easter eggs. From all the snippets and the POV, I am ready to ride the side car besides it looks the side cars are closer to the Magical Creatures.

So, now that we are getting down to the opening, I think its a good time to thank everyone who has been on this Magical Adventure itself like @Alicia @Brian G. everyone at Inside Universal from the start, and especially @Bioreconstruct for his many helicopter journeys. Also, Midway Mayhem. Thank you guys for all you have kept us in the loop, I know I greatly appreciate it and can't wait to be there opening day. Thanks everyone

The real MVPs.

Here’s to you! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.