Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

I think Chapek is horrible for the parks... but I don't think he's wrong here. SWL will be very busy this year, making it difficult to do anything in this land. Especially with the 4 hour time slot, what's the point of distracting people with entertainment when they more than likely will spend half their time waiting and riding Falcon, eating at Cantina and exploring the shops?

But I do hope that in a year they start to roll in those entertainment offerings.

My apologies then, it was worded in a way like “well excluding....”. My bad.

No big deal. I was just listing off what I knew was there. I forgot about Ollivanders. I just wasn't sure if there were any kind of street performances I might have been forgetting.

Besides the stage in Hogsmede and Diagon, what entertainment is in the HP lands?

23837904083_c9ff2aa4c6_b.jpg

Interesting that when Hogsmeade opened, both the Frog Choir and Triwizard Spirit Rally were performed many times per day. And I was there multiple times the first week it opened in 2010. The place was packed! When the land was so busy, it gave the crowds something to do. It sounds like Disney is opening their much larger new land with nothing to do but ride a simulator, shop, and buy food. It makes no sense, especially when they are limiting access to the land. I have reservations for the opening period at Disneyland, but I'm thinking of waiting to go when it's fully open and saving my $$. I like Star Wars, but it's no Harry Potter and I think Disney is making a mistake with the way they are handling this.

:grin:
Interesting that when Hogsmeade opened, both the Frog Choir and Triwizard Spirit Rally were performed many times per day. And I was there multiple times the first week it opened in 2010. The place was packed! When the land was so busy, it gave the crowds something to do. It sounds like Disney is opening their much larger new land with nothing to do but ride a simulator, shop, and buy food. It makes no sense, especially when they are limiting access to the land. I have reservations for the opening period at Disneyland, but I'm thinking of waiting to go when it's fully open and saving my $$. I like Star Wars, but it's no Harry Potter and I think Disney is making a mistake with the way they are handling this.
Maybe they’ll reintroduce the Jedi Training Show from Tomorrow Land! :grin:Do we know if there is some kind of a show stage in Galaxy’s Edge?

:grin:
Maybe they’ll reintroduce the Jedi Training Show from Tomorrow Land! :grin:Do we know if there is some kind of a show stage in Galaxy’s Edge?

Only the Cantina band. That's it for opening. More will come along down the line. The platform that the Tie Echelon sits on is a small stage similar in scale to the ones in Hogsmeade.

In a way, you could see it as a sense of them trying to stress test how they'll also operate guests for once it opens?

Maybe. But if random guest asks what they are waiting in line for and they hear SW but not Cast only, and they get in line just to be denied, there will be stress.

Or the more likely scenario, people will go to the front and scream bloody murder about not being allowed in figuring that someone will cave and let them in. That is the way to deal with being told no these days.

Maybe. But if random guest asks what they are waiting in line for and they hear SW but not Cast only, and they get in line just to be denied, there will be stress.

Or the more likely scenario, people will go to the front and scream bloody murder about not being allowed in figuring that someone will cave and let them in. That is the way to deal with being told no these days.

That wont be an issue during CM previews, they're out there enforcing to guests that the land doesn't open till May 31. However, opening day... that could be an issue for folks who dont have a reservation.

I have a reservation for 6/6 but I am going 6/1 (Saturday after opening day) to see how much of a cluster it is going to be. I suspect I will get there early to see the horror and retreat to DCA until that gets busy.

Been talking to a few Galaxy's Edge CMs. I'm pretty concerned about the level of "immersion" Disney is forcing them to use when it comes to answering questions about literally anything outside of Galaxy's Edge (and may of the CMs themselves are extremely nervous about confrontation) since they cannot acknowledge anything outside of the land. This includes even most Star Wars cannon.

Well, read the first review from a CM/guest on SR. Short answer, Star Tours on steroids. Long answer, very detailed and very cool recreation of the Falcon and enough randomness in the ride experience to drive rerideability. One interesting note, which I have not heard before, is an Autopilot button to forgo having to participate in the interactive function and just enjoy the ride experience.