Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

tenor.gif

That's the thing. TDL is in fantastic shape... if you wish the Magic Kingdom would have barely evolved past the early 80's and instead was immaculately preserved. So I guess it depends on your preference?

That's the thing. TDL is in fantastic shape... if you wish the Magic Kingdom would have barely evolved past the early 80's and instead was immaculately preserved. So I guess it depends on your preference?
So what's the chance this spring will look better than Pandora at night?

So, I'm looking at these pictures and trying unsuccessfully not to drool. I thought these pictures were awesome. Total cost is about $2.26 billion which is what IoA cost to build. Still, talk about eye candy...

Of any, I still think that Disneyland has probably the best overall park. It is maintained and has a lot of rides. Granted, they don't have everything spread across four parks, either.

The comped tickets that some CMs get allow you into any Disney park worldwide, except for Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan. Now I see why.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I didn't bother to mention that Disney water parks were also excluded. Do you know of the reasoning behind that?

View attachment 9974
Water parks are excluded for capacity reasons (mostly during summer months). In the spring and fall, CMs get admission to the water parks, but I guess their comp tickets just don't allow for it.

Agree with this, TDL seemed extremely dated to me, other than Honey Hunt nothing really stood out for me there
TDL proper certainly isn't as good/immersive as TDS, but it's still a good park and is receiving some much needed attention (and improvement) right now. For example, their speedway is being replaced by a BatB E-ticket ride and a Big Hero 6 version of Swirling Saucers.

On top of fun park exclusives like Hunny Hunt, MI: Ride and Go Seek, The park also has fun Disneyland domestic-exclusives like Daring Journey, Explorer Canoes, and Car-toon Spin.