Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, even just watching that animation shows you just how much is going on during your ride. Im sooooo tempted to break my bank and go ride this this fall!

There are 7 launches, but 1 is doubled (reverse). That's 6 blocks right there. Two drop shafts adds another two blocks. Two trains in load. One in unload. Two in final brake run.

13 blocks. Leave a block clear and you've got 12 trains.

Launches <> Blocks also I don't know of any roller coaster running more that 7 or 8 trains. Space mountain has short trains with low capacity so they run 7 trains. Incredicoaster can run only 5 trains and that track is 1000 ft longer than this. Universal is probably too cheap to pay for 12 trains. Is there storage for this many trains? Maintain on 12 trains etc etc. Theory is nice until you have to pay for it. I stick by my 4 to 5 trains max.

Launches <> Blocks also I don't know of any roller coaster running more that 7 or 8 trains. Space mountain has short trains with low capacity so they run 7 trains. Incredicoaster can run only 5 trains and that track is 1000 ft longer than this. Universal is probably too cheap to pay for 12 trains. Is there storage for this many trains? Maintain on 12 trains etc etc. Theory is nice until you have to pay for it. I stick by my 4 to 5 trains max.
There's more than enough storage at maintenance. Plus, there's room for a couple trains at load, a train at unload, and two in between unload and load. That's 5 right inside the station alone. I think 12 is most certainly possible on the circuit at once.

There are at least 13 trains there. I think 10 is more likely to optimize the capacity but it is more than 5.

There's more than enough storage at maintenance. Plus, there's room for a couple trains at load, a train at unload, and two in between unload and load. That's 5 right inside the station alone. I think 12 is most certainly possible on the circuit at once.
12 trains at a ride time of 3 min would mean a dispatch of every 15 seconds. That seems highly unlikely. but hey time will tell.

Yeah, 15 seconds seems pretty tight. I think 20 seconds seems doable, and that would translate to 9 trains. It will be fun to find out, but 10 trains would seem to be about max on the track at the same time. They probably for sure have a few other trains to swap out if any problems occur. So yeah, they probably have ~13 trains, but just seems like it would really be pushing it to have all of them on the track at the same time.

Sprays water on you of course. Wouldn't be a universal ride without water spray :p
According to Attractions, emphasis mine:

Guests continue through the indoor queue while Hagrid narrates about the Wizarding World, the Care of Magical Creatures class and his own creatures. Eventually guests enter the first pre-show room. It features the same projection style effects that are in the Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts pre-show room with Blordak and Bill Weasley. Word of warning, you will get misted with water.

Status
Not open for further replies.