Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Wait, hypothetically, if we got two mazes in the Tram plaza, wouldn't that bring the maze count up to 10 (including TWDA)? Off the top of my head for the number of maze locations:
1. FDTD area
2. 747 queue
3. Metro Sets
4. Mummy queue
5. Sound Stage 29
6. Parisian Courtyard
7. Water World queue
8. TWDA
9-10? Tram plaza

I really don't think we're getting two mazes in the Tram Plaza. Legacy posted two clues for two different things (one mexican original and one IP), but I think it's either one or the other, not both appearing.

It'd just be too much a budget strain. I don't think they'd risk stretching the budget thin for two more maze spots, especially if one of those spots are an original IP.

Last edited:
Wait, hypothetically, if we got two mazes in the Tram plaza, wouldn't that bring the maze count up to 10 (including TWDA)? Off the top of my head for the number of maze locations:
1. FDTD area
2. 747 queue
3. Metro Sets
4. Mummy queue
5. Sound Stage 29
6. Parisian Courtyard
7. Water World queue
8. TWDA
9-10? Tram plaza
RIP budget. No way we're getting 10 mazes.

I don’t even think I’d want ten mazes, tbh. I would prefer quality over quantity. And I think it would seem intimidating to the average attendee. I mean, I know I’ll go at least twice but I think most folks just go one night and I dunno, with the way the crowds are these days I don’t think you could possibly do ten mazes in one night.

I'd like to point out that even though TWDA does technically count as a maze, as far as budget goes, I don't think it costs that much too operate, I could be wrong though. But I agree that I'd take one less new maze and focus one make all the others solid. I don't think 9 new houses is on the table though so we should be good, especially if terror tram getting scrapped is true.

Are 10 mazes more expensive than the terror tram? I thought getting rid of terror tram was to help with the budget, not add more and increase it.
EDIT: Just a thought, not that I believe we're getting 9 or 10 mazes.

According to Legacy in the Orlando thread, Killer Klownz will be announced next.. largely because Hollywood's facade gave it away too early so they feel like they might as well just go ahead and announce it.. :lol:

Not a definite yet, but I wouldn't be surprised at this point. Y'all may as well have put a neon sign up.

According to Legacy in the Orlando thread, Killer Klownz will be announced next.. largely because Hollywood's facade gave it away too early so they feel like they might as well just go ahead and announce it.. :lol:
It is possible that the next ip announcment is KKFOS but honestly I just want Ghostbusters to be announced so I know that its safe lol.

It is possible that the next ip announcment is KKFOS but honestly I just want Ghostbusters to be announced so I know that its safe lol.

I'd guess that Ghostbusters is coming sometime during the summer, just to give people enough time to book tickets. Tickets come out at June 5th, I'm pretty sure, so I'd think that Ghostbusters is ideally announced then.

I'd guess that Ghostbusters is coming sometime during the summer, just to give people enough time to book tickets. Tickets come out at June 5th, I'm pretty sure, so I'd think that Ghostbusters is ideally announced then.
If anything it'll probably be announced around the day Poltergiest was announced since they're both the iconic classics maze, however I do think announce it lat just to bring in the hype and get lots of people to buy tickets.

Kinda makes you wonder what other maze would they probably have to announce sooner with facade construction potentially giving the IP away (at least back lot wise).

Kinda makes you wonder what other maze would they probably have to announce sooner with facade construction potentially giving the IP away (at least back lot wise).
well last year the poltergeist house was blatantly obvious for a few months and it was one of the last to get announced, so im not sure if this really even matters.

Can anything still change even if he finishes writing treatments?

Of course. Things can always change. The best example Hollywood side would be the loss of The Conjuring in 2017. He had already written the treatment when it went south so he had to write the treatment for Titans of Terror to replace it.
By far the best example over the course of the whole event is Scream at hhn 25 in Orlando that was already constructed and the rights were pulled very late in the game (August I believe)

Nothing is set in stone until it’s announced

I always get a kick whenever I watch the "walkthroughs" for The Purge and Hive houses in Orlando, as you can totally see some obvious remaining hints at Scream and The Conjuring left in the house.

I always get a kick whenever I watch the "walkthroughs" for The Purge and Hive houses in Orlando, as you can totally see some obvious remaining hints at Scream and The Conjuring left in the house.

The Hive behind the scenes tours photos are my favorite though. There’s a room that’s so obviously the basement from Conjuring 1 and another that’s a copy and paste of the Conjuring 2 living room.

25’s Purge House is amazing to watch though. They didn’t even bother hiding anything in the Casey Becker scenes

25’s Purge House is amazing to watch though. They didn’t even bother hiding anything in the Casey Becker scenes

I have to admit, it hurts my heart a bit when I see how they had to "trash" some of the rooms (graffiti over the bathroom and bedroom scenes) in order to hide the obvious Scream scenes, since I bet they looked incredible before the "Purgification" process.

I have to admit, it hurts my heart a bit when I see how they had to "trash" some of the rooms (graffiti over the bathroom and bedroom scenes) in order to hide the obvious Scream scenes, since I bet they looked incredible before the "Purgification" process.

Roman Column room too. Only scene I didn’t recognize from Scream was the finale.

I wonder if Jabbowockeez will return this year considering last year’s show was kind of... meh.